Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 02:18 PM
mxp0
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Hi,
Was browsing threads and learning.
I don't mean to hijack the thread.... Just a quick Q about this Lithium battery potential issue on 2019 Cayennes:
I would assume that this battery will eventually need to be replaced and I read else on this forum that there may be a AGM alternative.
If this is true, can the replacement be done by end users without dealers being involved?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Ericson38
During PPI, have them closely assess the capacity of the battery. I think the 2019 and for a few years after came with LiFePO4 (front passenger footwell). They are expensive to replace and therefore a negotiation point.

Cayenne lithium battery shortage - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
Old 06-03-2023, 02:25 PM
mxp0
Track Day

Question Congrat!

Hi blue steel,
Congrats on your CPO Cayenne!
I am new to the forum, and hoping to learn as much on purchasing a used 2019 Cayenne.
Are you able to share the company used for the PPI? I assume this was done remotely? Or you had engaged the services of the company local to the dealership where you would end up purchasing the vehicle from?
Also, how much did the PPI cost?
Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by blue steel
Hey folks, I wanted to tie a bow on this thread. Thank you for all the suggestions. The Porsche dealership in LA sold the car to a local buyer despite me trying to pay for it for several days prior. Regardless, I found a better CPO Cayenne for a better price in North Carolina. The PPI was clean. No transmission vibration, strong battery, no repainted panels. The transport driver was not great but we took delivery on May 24. Loving the Cayenne for about a week.

One issue I need to have the local dealership look at is the key fob. Comfort access does not always work on the driver door, and it works more often on the rear doors or passenger door. Also, the foot motion lift gate only works sporadically. It may all be a fob battery issue and I don’t think I should have to go buy a new battery for a CPO I bought last week…but it may end up that way. There are several threads here discussing these issues so it may not be the battery. Overall this is a minor issue, I bought the thing for the driving dynamics and it is spot on with my expectations.
Old 06-03-2023, 04:34 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,656 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Originally Posted by mxp0
Hi blue steel,
Congrats on your CPO Cayenne!
I am new to the forum, and hoping to learn as much on purchasing a used 2019 Cayenne.
Are you able to share the company used for the PPI? I assume this was done remotely? Or you had engaged the services of the company local to the dealership where you would end up purchasing the vehicle from?
Also, how much did the PPI cost?
Thank you in advance.
My experience: I live in Virginia and had PPI’s performed on 3 different Cayenne Turbos located in Atlanta, Birmingham, and OKC. Each was performed by a shop near the seller’s location. I did Google searches to locate and evaluate each shop. One was an indy ($200) and two were Porsche dealers ($225 and $283). Note: If buying from a Porsche dealer, have the PPI conducted at another shop. That way, no biased opinions.

I coordinated with each seller to drive the vehicle to the PPI shop. I arranged payment with the shop and received the reports via email. I also called and discussed each report with the mechanics.

I declined one vehicle due to a poor PPI. For the other two with good PPI’s, I flew to the seller’s location the day before and conducted a thorough inspection and test drive the next day. Once satisfied, I closed the deal and wired the money. **Plan on a full day to conduct the inspection, test drive, and close the deal** I departed on a multi-day road trip home the following day. Great way to get to know my new Cayennes.

Last edited by Schnave; 06-03-2023 at 04:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (06-03-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 09:26 PM
mxp0
Track Day

Thumbs up Thanks

Hi Schnave,
Many thanks for sharing and explaining the details of your experiences with the whole PPI process.
Much appreciated,
mxp0
Originally Posted by Schnave
My experience: I live in Virginia and had PPI’s performed on 3 different Cayenne Turbos located in Atlanta, Birmingham, and OKC. Each was performed by a shop near the seller’s location. I did Google searches to locate and evaluate each shop. One was an indy ($200) and two were Porsche dealers ($225 and $283). Note: If buying from a Porsche dealer, have the PPI conducted at another shop. That way, no biased opinions.

I coordinated with each seller to drive the vehicle to the PPI shop. I arranged payment with the shop and received the reports via email. I also called and discussed each report with the mechanics.

I declined one vehicle due to a poor PPI. For the other two with good PPI’s, I flew to the seller’s location the day before and conducted a thorough inspection and test drive the next day. Once satisfied, I closed the deal and wired the money. **Plan on a full day to conduct the inspection, test drive, and close the deal** I departed on a multi-day road trip home the following day. Great way to get to know my new Cayennes.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne - need PPI