Sponsored By:

2024 Options

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2023, 08:35 AM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,656 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Originally Posted by ADMfighter63
i don't think the new sport chrono dial allows for individual mode; we saw this in one of the videos. it's stupid because it's just software...so they could've kept it. i'm not sure if there's still an individual mode that can be selected in PCM.
Looks like the Sport Chrono dial has the same functionality as current generation’s dial. From the configurator:
  • Mode switch on the steering wheel to select the driving modes Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS, and Individual

Last edited by Schnave; 04-26-2023 at 08:41 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Schnave:
ADMfighter63 (04-26-2023), Needsdecaf (04-26-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 10:10 AM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

New question..... This is showing as an option on the Cayenne S coupe. Interior Grab Handles in Leather for $1040. However, the "Full Leather" seats option shows it includes
  • Center console grab handles
Is there a difference?
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 10:35 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammersam
New question..... This is showing as an option on the Cayenne S coupe. Interior Grab Handles in Leather for $1040. However, the "Full Leather" seats option shows it includes
Is there a difference?
Are you talking about the "Leather Interior / Leather Seats" when you say "Full Leather"?
Old 04-28-2023, 10:40 AM
Sammersam
Racer

Yes, even the partial leather seats shows Embossed leather in Black:
  • Door grab handles (front and rear)
The following 2 users liked this post by Sammersam:
RatherJaded (04-28-2023), TikiLou (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 11:17 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,644 Likes on 940 Posts

Is there a difference?

I am curious about this as well as it is also listed with the ‘standard interior’ yet it can be added as a stand-alone option on a base model.

Edit: If I had to guess for $1040 it makes the grab handles smooth leather instead of embossed.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 04-28-2023 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-28-2023, 12:40 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

The 2024s have both Lane Change Assist and Lane Keep Assist (with traffic sign recognition) as standard equipment. Is anyone familiar with these former options? Is this the kind of thing where the car takes over steering control? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2023, 12:50 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Lane Change Assist is simply lane departure warning. The yellow light on the mirror that lights up when a car is in your blind spot and alerts if you attempt to move over or put your signal on.

Lane Keep Assist is automatic steering of the car, as you note.

Where are you seeing it standard, though? I see LKA as part of this package:

Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Lane Keep Assist (LKA)

$2,750
Expansion of the Adaptive Cruise Control by additional functions:

Porsche InnoDrive: Regulates driving speed based on high-definition navigation data, radar, and video sensor technology in order to deliver typical Porsche driving feel, increased efficiency, and improved comfort. Driving speed is predictively adapted to speed restrictions and road topography (elevation changes, corners). At the same time, Porsche InnoDrive controls acceleration, deceleration, and gear selection (including coasting). The system looks ahead up to 1.8 miles, and analyzes the real-time driving strategy, providing a harmonious and efficient drive. Traffic Jam Assist works alongside the driver in highly congested sections of roadway (up to approximately 37 mph). It actively guides the vehicle along with gentle steering inputs and follows the traffic ahead where system limitations allow. In the process, Traffic Jam Assist takes into consideration roadway markings and other vehicles on the roadway.

Active Lane Keep Assist:Another feature of Porsche InnoDrive including Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is Active Lane Keep Assist. It combines ACC and Lane-Keeping functionality on major roads and highways. The system follows the line of traffic ahead and lane markings, within the limits of the system, and keeps the vehicle in the middle of the lane by continuous steering adjustments – even in congested conditions. Active Lane Keep Assist is beneficial to stress relief and greater comfort on long journeys.
TikiLou (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 01:25 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Lane Change Assist is simply lane departure warning. The yellow light on the mirror that lights up when a car is in your blind spot and alerts if you attempt to move over or put your signal on.

Where are you seeing it standard, though? I see LKA as part of this package:

Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Lane Keep Assist (LKA)

$2,750
Expansion of the Adaptive Cruise Control by additional functions:

Porsche InnoDrive: Regulates driving speed based on high-definition navigation data, radar, and video sensor technology in order to deliver typical Porsche driving feel, increased efficiency, and improved comfort. Driving speed is predictively adapted to speed restrictions and road topography (elevation changes, corners). At the same time, Porsche InnoDrive controls acceleration, deceleration, and gear selection (including coasting). The system looks ahead up to 1.8 miles, and analyzes the real-time driving strategy, providing a harmonious and efficient drive. Traffic Jam Assist works alongside the driver in highly congested sections of roadway (up to approximately 37 mph). It actively guides the vehicle along with gentle steering inputs and follows the traffic ahead where system limitations allow. In the process, Traffic Jam Assist takes into consideration roadway markings and other vehicles on the roadway.

Active Lane Keep Assist:Another feature of Porsche InnoDrive including Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is Active Lane Keep Assist. It combines ACC and Lane-Keeping functionality on major roads and highways. The system follows the line of traffic ahead and lane markings, within the limits of the system, and keeps the vehicle in the middle of the lane by continuous steering adjustments – even in congested conditions. Active Lane Keep Assist is beneficial to stress relief and greater comfort on long journeys.
See email and thanks for the definitions.
Needsdecaf (04-28-2023)
Old 04-28-2023, 03:55 PM
Searcher356
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Are you certain that Lane Change Assist doesn't actively steer into the adjacent lane when you activate the turn signal? Once the lane is clear?
Old 04-28-2023, 04:08 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by Searcher356
Are you certain that Lane Change Assist doesn't actively steer into the adjacent lane when you activate the turn signal? Once the lane is clear?

Yes, 100%. Porsche does not have such a function. What they do have is confusing names.

from the manual:

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 04-28-2023 at 04:11 PM.
Searcher356 (04-28-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 09:47 AM
Sammersam
Racer

Ordered a Chromite Black S Coupe with standard exhaust because I didn't like the color of the upgrades. Does Porsche parts have available black tips to buy after I receive my car?

Last edited by Sammersam; 05-18-2023 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-18-2023, 10:20 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 377 Posts

Ordered a Chromite Black S Coupe with standard exhaust because I didn't like the color of the upgrades. Does Porsche parts have available black tips to buy after I receive my car?
Yes. www.suncoastparts.com They will verify fitment with your VIN when ordering.

Last edited by LDT; 05-18-2023 at 10:41 AM.
Xtabi (05-22-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 10:46 AM
Sammersam
Racer

Will the dealer I'm getting the car from have them available? I would think it best to get them there and have them install them.
Old 05-18-2023, 11:00 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Where are you seeing it standard, though? I see LKA as part of this package:..
Just checked the standard equipment list for the 24 hybrid and both LCA and LKA (and traffic sign recognition) now listed as standard.
Xtabi (05-22-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 11:05 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 377 Posts

Will the dealer I'm getting the car from have them available? I would think it best to get them there and have them install them.
Possibly or they could order them. Suncoast sells OEM at a 10% discount. It’s an easy DIY. Bolt off, bolt on. My Indy mechanic did it in 15 min at no charge.

Last edited by LDT; 05-18-2023 at 11:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by LDT:
V999 (05-19-2023), Xtabi (05-22-2023)

Quick Reply: 2024 Options