CPO - Warranty repair first month

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 10:42 PM
little pharoh
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CPO - Warranty repair first month

Hi friends,

Just fishing for some advice. Have posted before about the issues I'm having with my first Porsche buy: 2020 Cayenne/9,200 miles. After back and forth with the dealership (Brooklyn) and them not being able to fix rattling noises coming from front left and front right doors, busted speakers and popping noises while driving I reached out to PCNA.

The dealership initially took the car in and asked me to come pick it up but every time new problems would surface that I would show to the service manager, to which he gravely apologized and requested I leave the car again for further repair. This happened a total of 3 times with 1 week intervals. I decided to reach out to PCNA because I'm not sure what the point of buying A CPO was if it has to spend the first month being repaired and now both front doors are a rattle box that they keep lining with felt tape, my request was for them to replace the front door. At the last repair, the service manager apologized and said he would talk to their GM to see how to resolve.

Fast forward to this week, PCNA said they will contact the dealership to figure out what the situation is and now have responded saying the dealership said there is *NO* problem with the repair:

"We have reviewed your case further and in speaking with the dealership, we found that the components have not been deemed faulty, therefore the door panel and speakers cannot be replaced under vehicle warranty. In addition, repairs completed have been completed to Porsche standards by trained technicians.
If you disagree with the assessment provided by Porsche Brooklyn, your vehicle can be diagnosed at any Porsche dealership for a second opinion."

I'm not sure how the dealership would blatantly lie about this to headquarters, shall I go to any other dealership and just have them examine the car? Is it worth chasing these people to get my car fixed or just write this whole experience off and walk away from Porsche if this is their level/standard of service.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2023, 08:47 AM
toma nova
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 243 Posts

Service is very dealer-specific. If you have another dealer nearby, I’d start the process over with them for a second opinion. CPO is valid at any dealer, you may get a different Tech or Service Manager that is willing to look a bit deeper.
Old 04-06-2023, 09:19 AM
matthewr87
Racer

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

To be honest it just sounds like the dealership no longer wants to deal with you. I would find a new dealership. You aren't going to get anywhere with these guys.
The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 11:16 AM
little pharoh
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah it sounds about right, the feeling is reciprocal, I literally said this to the service manager Danny weeks ago and he insisted on me keeping the car with them. I wish I followed my instinct and didn’t waste weeks waiting.

Quick Reply: CPO - Warranty repair first month