Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Programming rear lights. NA to EU

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023 | 07:33 AM
Tnuser
3rd Gear

Default Programming rear lights. NA to EU

Hello I had seen many threads about reprogramming lights from NA to EU but can not find answer. I had bought US cayenne 2019 and stop light blinks with indicator light. I have piwis 3, but can’t find anywhere option to change it. Any one has the solution ?
Old 02-10-2023 | 01:43 PM
mgx1020
Racer

How do EU lights differ on the rear?
Old 02-10-2023 | 03:28 PM
Tnuser
3rd Gear

EU lights has amber blinker. It is EU rear lights but red stop lights blinks with amber turn indicators. Now I need to separate turn indicator and stop light. With piwis 3 and x431 diagnostics I cant find option.
Old 02-10-2023 | 03:34 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tnuser
Hello I had seen many threads about reprogramming lights from NA to EU but can not find answer. I had bought US cayenne 2019 and stop light blinks with indicator light. I have piwis 3, but can’t find anywhere option to change it. Any one has the solution ?
I found a number of threads on this and other forums asking the same question about Porsches - manly for the 991 and 992 911 - but no one responded to any of the threads with an answer. Separating the rear light functions does not appear to be something that can be accomplished with PIWIS. Installing EU market rear light units didn't help - both the brake and the (now) amber turn indicators continued to flash together. It seems odd that none of the people who started all those threads returned to report a solution.

I am guessing that there is one or more electronic control units for the rear lights that are different for US and EU markets.

Are their any businesses where you reside that provide US-to-EU conversion services?
Old 05-11-2023 | 03:13 PM
Tnuser
3rd Gear

Long story short. There are many threads about this and no known answer. So the answer is: yes its possible by changing only rear lights. Did twice on two different Cayenne’s 9Y0

Quick Reply: Programming rear lights. NA to EU