Sponsored By:

CPO Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 09:07 AM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattlar24
yea it’s a much nicer car! I would be buying this one sight unseen tho as it’s far away from me. But I love the leather upgrade and the additional features. The local car has just amazing miles. It was obviously super well maintained. Local greenwich guy who had too many cars and drove this car 500 miles a year. Even did a break service at 1000 miles haha.

but throw in the extra 1yr of warranty due to the later date on the demo, this car really seems to be the way to go.
I bought my car sight unseen from 2,400 miles away. Need to trust the seller and ask for more photos if needed. It was a good decision and transaction.
The following users liked this post:
Mattlar24 (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 09:09 AM
Mattlar24
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I still like my bmws.
Has anyone driven or cross shopped the x5 m50.
Do you have similar feedback that I had where it’s very heavy in comparison?
Old 02-07-2023, 09:28 AM
Selpo
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I agree with the above recommendations- Air suspension with PASM, full leather is the way to go. I cross shopped the Cayenne GTS with GLE 53 and 63, X5M50i and X5M- felt most comfortable and confident in the GTS. I felt like the SUV was an extension of me, went where I pointed and just gave me a lot of confidence. GLE63 and X5M are nice but accelerator modulation and ride were a distant second. Loved the AMG exhaust but GTS was no slouch in that dept either. M50i ride was slightly better but not close to the cayenne. I currently drive a F90 M5 on 20 inch wheels and after my test drive, ordered a GTS which should be at the dealer late March.
Mattlar24 (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 09:28 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 380 Posts

I can vouch for Porsche North Olmsted where your preferred Cayenne is FS. Matt Youssef and Frank Steffen are the top guys. All are trustworthy. I bought six cars there over the years. Current ownership is new but from what I hear the company culture continues.
One thing missing is adaptive cruise…..some like it, some don’t. It’s a must have for me.

Last edited by LDT; 02-07-2023 at 09:31 AM.
chassis (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 09:34 AM
Mattlar24
Advanced

Originally Posted by Selpo
I agree with the above recommendations- Air suspension with PASM, full leather is the way to go. I cross shopped the Cayenne GTS with GLE 53 and 63, X5M50i and X5M- felt most comfortable and confident in the GTS. I felt like the SUV was an extension of me, went where I pointed and just gave me a lot of confidence. GLE63 and X5M are nice but accelerator modulation and ride were a distant second. Loved the AMG exhaust but GTS was no slouch in that dept either. M50i ride was slightly better but not close to the cayenne. I currently drive a F90 M5 on 20 inch wheels and after my test drive, ordered a GTS which should be at the dealer late March.
this is spot. As soon as I started hitting the gas on the cayenne I knew it was something totally different….I think you said it more technical by mentioning the Steering and accelerator modulation. These things in the m50 just feel far less natural and confidence inspiring.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:35 AM
Mattlar24
Advanced

Originally Posted by LDT
I can vouch for Porsche North Olmsted where your preferred Cayenne is FS. Matt Youssef and Frank Steffen are the top guys. All are trustworthy. I bought six cars there over the years. Current ownership is new but from what I hear the company culture continues.
One thing missing is adaptive cruise…..some like it, some don’t. It’s a must have for me.
this is great to know! Thank you for the feedback.
Ironically adaptive cruise is one of the last check boxes for me. Maybe bc I haven’t really used it but otherwise I don’t like a lot beeps and corrections.
chassis (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 09:49 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

These big v8 TTs that bmw is shoving into their cars just isn’t doing it for me. They are okay to smush the pedal but otherwise they are heavy and quite lurchy / rocky, difficult to just dart around in. If this makes any sense? I was just very pleased when I drove the cayenne S, that proper acceleration can be had and not lose the confidence in the steering etc by this heaviness that lurks. Those who’ve driven the bmw v8s , would you agree?
It's not just the TT V8's. BMW can't calibrate a throttle to save their lives. EVERY modern BMW I have driven save for the full on M Products has this god-awful lurch / lag built into the throttle. I don't know what they are doing this for, but it's bonkers. It's so hard to drive smoothly. I had a 2011 535i that I literally traded in for a Cayenne because of this very issue. We had BMW NA involved, regional techs, etc. and they finally admitted to me that this is the way they program their non-M cars. It's horrible. From a stop, I'd be pushing the gas, pushing the gas and nothing would happen and then BAM!!! We're rocketing through a turn at twice the speed I wanted. So, so difficult to drive smoothly. I've driven multiple since then and they still do it. Sad to see you experienced it as well.

You'll love the Cayenne.
chassis (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 09:53 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chassis
Love my 2020 S. I generally plan to own for as long as possible, or until something more interesting comes along. I see no reason besides boredom that would prevent me from keeping the Cayenne for well beyond 5 years.

High option content is nice, but not required. Air suspension and sport chrono were my must-have options. 18-way seats are also very good.
There's no way that second car was a loaner. Some executive demos are just that...cars that the GM / Sales manager, etc. drive. I've never seen a loaner that loaded up. Not in a Cayenne anyway. I've driven, I think, one Panamaera (maybe 2) with air suspension as a loaner.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:53 AM
Mattlar24
Advanced

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
It's not just the TT V8's. BMW can't calibrate a throttle to save their lives. EVERY modern BMW I have driven save for the full on M Products has this god-awful lurch / lag built into the throttle. I don't know what they are doing this for, but it's bonkers. It's so hard to drive smoothly. I had a 2011 535i that I literally traded in for a Cayenne because of this very issue. We had BMW NA involved, regional techs, etc. and they finally admitted to me that this is the way they program their non-M cars. It's horrible. From a stop, I'd be pushing the gas, pushing the gas and nothing would happen and then BAM!!! We're rocketing through a turn at twice the speed I wanted. So, so difficult to drive smoothly. I've driven multiple since then and they still do it. Sad to see you experienced it as well.

You'll love the Cayenne.
this is exactly right. I’m ditching the m550 bc it’s the worst in that car. I guess the smaller and lighter platform exaggerates this throttle issue. It’s all or none and the ALL is so extreme it’s not even that fun or controllable.
TBH - I was moving to the x5 bc the bigger softer platform would reduce this overall issue. It certainly does but it’s still there. The b58 in line 6 is much better at this. I’d prob take that over the m50 at his point. It’s just a more enjoyable ride. But now that I’ve driven the cayenne, I don’t think I can give it up…
Old 02-07-2023, 09:54 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

this is great to know! Thank you for the feedback.
Ironically adaptive cruise is one of the last check boxes for me. Maybe bc I haven’t really used it but otherwise I don’t like a lot beeps and corrections.
Adaptive cruise does not beep or correct. You're thinking of lane keeping. BMW's is one of the most intrusive.

Active cruise just adjusts your speed (down to a stop) based on the car in front of you. You still have to steer.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:55 AM
Mattlar24
Advanced

Adaptive cruise does not beep or correct. You're thinking of lane keeping. BMW's is one of the most intrusive.

Active cruise just adjusts your speed (down to a stop) based on the car in front of you. You still have to steer.
this would be nice to have. Bmw packaged it into driving assistance professional where all they other stuff comes along.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:01 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 380 Posts

There's no way that second car was a loaner. Some executive demos are just that...cars that the GM / Sales manager, etc. drive. I've never seen a loaner that loaded up. Not in a Cayenne anyway. I've driven, I think, one Panamaera (maybe 2) with air suspension as a loaner.
Looking at the window sticker on “finder” reveals that it was originally shipped to Delta Fleet, One Porsche Drive, in Atlanta. Could have been a PCNA Exec car?

Last edited by LDT; 02-07-2023 at 10:03 AM.
Needsdecaf (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by LDT
Looking at the window sticker on “finder” reveals that it was originally shipped to Delta Fleet, One Porsche Drive, in Atlanta. Could have been a PCNA Exec car?
Or it might have been used for the Cayenne Off-Road Experience. Aargh! 😳

https://www.porschedriving.com/atlan...-m-peca-cayoff

The following 2 users liked this post by Schnave:
icemang (02-12-2023), LDT (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 10:11 AM
Mattlar24
Advanced

Originally Posted by Schnave
Or it might have been used for the Cayenne Off-Road Experience. Aargh! 😳

https://www.porschedriving.com/atlan...-m-peca-cayoff

oh god. Now you got me scared lol