Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opening date for configuring’24 Cayennes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 02:51 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,554 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasonamayes
we have allocations. Just a ton of restrictions from Porsche at the moment.
We cannot see pictures, cannot see standard features or spec sheet on them yet.

Seems like the first Cayennes that will be available are Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo GT
Originally Posted by OncPorsche
You have allocations for what? I think you're using that wrong terms here; maybe first in line for a place holder for a dealer spec or future allocation for personal spec but no dealership has official numbers on allocations they will receive; going to be a while before that info is available to dealers - even if youre dealer told you this, they are wrong; not arguing - just facts
Pretty sure @Jasonamayes works at a dealer based on his previous posts, so I'm pretty sure he knows what an allocation is. And if he's the same Jason Mays that I found on LinkedIn, he definitely knows what's up.

I don't think it's unreasonable to know that PCNA would push out allocations to dealers for planning purposes, but not allow them to do anything with them yet, as he says. I would assume that all dealers are in this situation but given the fact that they can't do anything with them, they are being coy with that knowledge.
The following users liked this post:
BostonBC (03-17-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 02:52 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,554 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I am a dealer, lol. Maybe a Sales person/Brand Ambassador doesn't know that they have them yet, but Management sure does.

I have allocations currently, had to start building them (first ones due today).
We will have the first wave of new ones in August I would guess. So I think my information is pretty darn accurate.
haha, beat me to it!
Old 02-06-2023, 03:10 PM
Jasonamayes
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Pretty sure @Jasonamayes works at a dealer based on his previous posts, so I'm pretty sure he knows what an allocation is. And if he's the same Jason Mays that I found on LinkedIn, he definitely knows what's up.

I don't think it's unreasonable to know that PCNA would push out allocations to dealers for planning purposes, but not allow them to do anything with them yet, as he says. I would assume that all dealers are in this situation but given the fact that they can't do anything with them, they are being coy with that knowledge.
Yup, Thats me
lazyace (02-07-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 03:14 PM
OncPorsche
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

I am a dealer, lol. Maybe a Sales person/Brand Ambassador doesn't know that they have them yet, but Management sure does.

I have allocations currently, had to start building them (first ones due today).
We will have the first wave of new ones in August I would guess. So I think my information is pretty darn accurate.
sure lost in my own personal language, though not the allocations i'm concerned with, don't really count the crap builds dealerships put together that the common man is interested in buying; real allocations for personal builds is where the time line is
Old 02-07-2023, 12:35 AM
lazyace
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by OncPorsche;[url=tel:18615496
18615496]sure lost in my own personal language, though not the allocations i'm concerned with, don't really count the crap builds dealerships put together that the common man is interested in buying; real allocations for personal builds is where the time line is
SMH…you’re chiding a dealer?! He’s 100% correct. I received the first TGT allocation from my dealer, which has been confirmed in their system. To be configured as soon as they have pricing and will arrive later this year. Will replace my ‘22 Arctic Grey/Neodyme TGT.

Last edited by lazyace; 02-07-2023 at 03:32 PM.
NelsonLee (03-30-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 08:36 AM
OncPorsche
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lazyace
SMH…you’re chiding a dealer?! He’s 100% correct. I received the first allocation from my dealer, which has been confirmed in their system. To be configured as soon as they have pricing and will arrive later this year. Will replace my ‘22 Arctic Grey/Neodyme TGT.
awesome!
Old 02-07-2023, 08:45 AM
Defratos
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lazyace
SMH…you’re chiding a dealer?! He’s 100% correct. I received the first allocation from my dealer, which has been confirmed in their system. To be configured as soon as they have pricing and will arrive later this year. Will replace my ‘22 Arctic Grey/Neodyme TGT.
For sake of clarity will the dealer allow you to configure as per your options?
Old 02-07-2023, 09:51 AM
lazyace
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos;[url=tel:18616728
18616728]For sake of clarity will the dealer allow you to configure as per your options?
Yes. I wouldn’t order a vehicle configured with anyone else’s options.

UPDATE: Was just told by dealer it may arrive as early as “June/July.” I assume this means configuration will need to be done relatively soon.

Last edited by lazyace; 02-07-2023 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:03 PM
ADMfighter63
Banned

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

I plan on ordering a 2024 E-H to replace our 2021. My SA said that he expects the first customer-ordered cars to land Q3-4...I wouldn't be surprised if the cars are delayed, and I'm not even sure if they'll launch E-Hybrid at the same time as Base and S (which is now a V8)!
s996 (02-10-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 02:33 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 455 Posts

Can someone explain this to me, Because it's going over my head. Some dealers do have the allocations and some don't? Or everyone does and they're just keeping it tight lipped?Can I option the car the way I want? How will I see the option list?
Old 02-07-2023, 03:36 PM
Jasonamayes
Racer

Originally Posted by Shuga
Can someone explain this to me, Because it's going over my head. Some dealers do have the allocations and some don't? Or everyone does and they're just keeping it tight lipped?Can I option the car the way I want? How will I see the option list?
Allocations we have so far are supposed to be for launch cars.
Was told that we're not supposed to build them with customers on these allocations just yet. Since theres no visualizations, pricing, etc...these are just supposed to be launch vehicles.

Only ones coming out first look to be Base/S/Turbo GT. Coupe and Classic body style
Wilsontour (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 04:56 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 455 Posts

Was told that we're not supposed to build them with customers on these allocations just yet. Since theres no visualizations, pricing, etc...these are just supposed to be launch vehicles.

Only ones coming out first look to be Base/S/Turbo GT. Coupe and Classic body style
Got it, thank you. So when can I expect to have one built to my specs? Or can a dealer do it now on the low low.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:16 PM
Jasonamayes
Racer

I would guess you’ll be good for a custom order after we come back from training, probably June/July. Maybe sooner.

there’s new colors, wheels, I think some of the packages are different, so I would wait.

they said it’s going to be the biggest “facelift” they’ve ever had.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:27 PM
Defratos
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

So no Turbo or GTS , would you expect both of them to be revealed at the same time? or Turbo first and GTS after?
Old 02-07-2023, 05:29 PM
Jasonamayes
Racer

Originally Posted by Defratos
So no Turbo or GTS , would you expect both of them to be revealed at the same time? or Turbo first and GTS after?
good question. If I remember right, turbo was announced pretty much right away and GTS was announced much later.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jasonamayes:
Defratos (02-08-2023), OncPorsche (02-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Opening date for configuring’24 Cayennes?