Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wheel alignment and all the things? (ACC / Cameras?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 05:16 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 580 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by sevasnex
Do I need to do the alignment, if my Cayenne is brand new? Is it normal, that it may come with a bad alignment?
An alignment check might be in order if you are you experiencing pulling to one side or uneven tire wear.

My 2022 Cayenne is at about 7,000 miles - about 4,500 miles on it's original 21 inch Pirelli Scorpion all season tires and about 2,500 miles on its 20 inch winter Michelin Alpin winter tires. I measured the inner and outer tread depths on all eight tires Monday when I remounted the all season tires/wheels and found that all the tires are wearing perfectly evenly and at surprisingly low rates. I assumed that the Cayenne would be a tire eater but that isn't the case so far.

I should have rotated the Pirelli all season tires side to side when I mounted them on Monday but I incorrectly assumed that they were directional tires. It's been a lot of years since I've had bidirectional tires on a vehicle. Dang these wheels/tires are heavy! I need to import a a teenager into our geezer neighborhood to do the tire switchovers under my supervision.

The last vehicle I owned that wouldn't hold its alignment was manufactured in the 1960's and was the last domestic brand vehicle I owned.

Quick Reply: Wheel alignment and all the things? (ACC / Cameras?)