Cayenne Turbo GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 02:37 AM
gelkad
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cayenne Turbo GT

Hi,

Do you guys know that state side Cayenne Turbo GT don’t have rear axle steering vs the European version?
Old 06-05-2022, 08:36 AM
brucewinter
Racer

Received 344 Likes on 157 Posts

I just checked my options and standard equipment. You are correct! Surprised me.
The following users liked this post:
WhiteCab (05-22-2024)
Old 06-05-2022, 11:36 AM
othertbone
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 211 Posts

Wow I thought that all to goodies came with the TGT
Old 06-05-2022, 02:00 PM
gelkad
AutoX

Porsche NA should announce and make that clear, their promos and videos states it has rear axle steering, the car being tested and reviewed here in the US is a European car.The marketing is for a European car for American market and they are sending cars lacking that feature.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:06 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Doesn’t make sense. Looks like it is an option for the other models, but don’t see it on the GT. US dealers talk about it as if it comes with the car, but I can’t find it. Will be disappointing if mine shows up without it and I had no option to pick it. Time will time. My wife’s 22 x5 m50i had the option, which we did get and like, on a 93K car.

Last edited by Td33; 06-05-2022 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:23 PM
gelkad
AutoX

Unfortunately I can assure you yours will show up without the rear axle steering,If you check the UK Porsche website, its standard feature upon checking our US site its not. I was surprised when I inspected my car on the lift last Friday, was not happy, Porsche should do something about it, they are misleading their customers.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:31 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by gelkad
Unfortunately I can assure you yours will show up without the rear axle steering,If you check the UK Porsche website, its standard feature upon checking our US site its not. I was surprised when I inspected my car on the lift last Friday, was not happy, Porsche should do something about it, they are misleading their customers.
And it’s not even an option. Very misleading. I have found nothing that US doesn’t have it, but I can build other, less performing models and there is an option for it. WHY?
Old 06-05-2022, 02:51 PM
gelkad
AutoX

Will contact Porsche NA and escalate this matter, they should either retrofit this or compensate customers, it's not a cheap part very misleading marketing on their part.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:32 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

What about the heated steering wheel that's listed as Standard equipment on my 2022 build configuration when printed 9/8/2021? Car was built in January 2022.

Interior -- item 3:
"Heated multifunction steering wheel in black with shift-paddles, rim Alcantara, deviated stitching and twelve o'clock marker in Racing Yellow"

I have the GT Interior Package with Deviated Stitching and everything as described above, but no steering wheel heating as far as I can tell.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:13 PM
NACHTBLAU
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
What about the heated steering wheel that's listed as Standard equipment on my 2022 build configuration when printed 9/8/2021? Car was built in January 2022.

Interior -- item 3:
"Heated multifunction steering wheel in black with shift-paddles, rim Alcantara, deviated stitching and twelve o'clock marker in Racing Yellow"

I have the GT Interior Package with Deviated Stitching and everything as described above, but no steering wheel heating as far as I can tell.
The button for the heated steering Wheel is between the spokes In the rim of the steering wheel at the 6 o’clock position.
The following users liked this post:
brucewinter (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022, 07:39 PM
gelkad
AutoX

Originally Posted by NACHTBLAU
The button for the heated steering Wheel is between the spokes In the rim of the steering wheel at the 6 o’clock position.
I have the same,it’s there
everything is the same but the RAS
Old 06-05-2022, 08:13 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NACHTBLAU
Guys, I've had other Porsche's with heated steering wheels, but this one just has plastic in the front and the back of the steering wheel spokes at the 6:00 position, and all positions -- nothing on the rim but Alcantara. BTW, the plastic is not a good look. There's nothing to click or turn on. I entered my build code into the configurator, and it gave me the choice of migrating the build to 2023 or cancel. So I went with the 2023 and the heated steering wheel as standard for the GT interior was gone, contrary to my print out that showed it as standard for the 2022 which is what I have. It's disappointing that these changes are happening without notice, but I'm paying the same price.

gelkad -- is your's a GT with the Alcantara steering wheel, and when was it built?

I'm going to the garage to check it out one more time. Just got back, and there's no switch. Looked at the manual on page 73 where it shows the switch, but nothing on my wheel except plastic. Will call Porsche tomorrow.

I do thank you for your prompt replies.

Last edited by philg3; 06-05-2022 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:05 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
Guys, I've had other Porsche's with heated steering wheels, but this one just has plastic in the front and the back of the steering wheel spokes at the 6:00 position, and all positions -- nothing on the rim but Alcantara. BTW, the plastic is not a good look. There's nothing to click or turn on. I entered my build code into the configurator, and it gave me the choice of migrating the build to 2023 or cancel. So I went with the 2023 and the heated steering wheel as standard for the GT interior was gone, contrary to my print out that showed it as standard for the 2022 which is what I have. It's disappointing that these changes are happening without notice, but I'm paying the same price.

gelkad -- is your's a GT with the Alcantara steering wheel, and when was it built?

I'm going to the garage to check it out one more time. Just got back, and there's no switch. Looked at the manual on page 73 where it shows the switch, but nothing on my wheel except plastic. Will call Porsche tomorrow.

I do thank you for your prompt replies.

the manual is potentially the same as that of a Cayenne so you can obviously find it in the manual, which honestly is pretty poor on PAG's part
Old 06-07-2022, 03:04 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 984 Likes on 427 Posts

Porsche never offered heated steering wheel for Alcantara material. It doesn’t pass its internal testing standard.

So in order to get heated steering wheel on Turbo GT, you need to opt for the leather version. Hope this helps!

Old 06-07-2022, 04:53 PM
pinion
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts

The Porsche Cayenne configurator has a heated steering wheel option under the racetex category… this would seem to indicate they have some version which meets the Porsche quality requirements.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo GT