Sponsored By:

Odd interior trim question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 12:50 PM
Miggytosh
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Odd interior trim question

I have a 2019 Cayenne e-hybrid with standard interior and premium package plus. Here’s the odd part… I could have sworn that the center console lid release latch had an aluminum trim piece on it. My tactile brain bits seem to recall feeling the smooth cool latch when I was driving along, resting my arm on the center console, and aimlessly flicking at the release latch. After I had my windshield replaced I “noticed” that it was plastic and slightly textured. Am I going crazy(ier)? Can anyone with similar config check theirs?
Old 05-22-2022, 01:23 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Mine has a trim ring around the upper periphery of the latch opening. However, the latch button itself and the bottom of the latch opening is made of black textured plastic.

BTW, thanks for the question. I discovered all sorts of dust and crud buildup in the dark, murky recesses of my latch button. 😳

Last edited by Schnave; 05-22-2022 at 01:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
George from MD (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 07:08 PM
Miggytosh
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnave
Mine has a trim ring around the upper periphery of the latch opening. However, the latch button itself and the bottom of the latch opening is made of black textured plastic.

BTW, thanks for the question. I discovered all sorts of dust and crud buildup in the dark, murky recesses of my latch button. 😳

Thanks @Schnave appreciate you humoring my odd request. And I must say that you are always on top of things and I really appreciate your contributions to the group!
Old 05-24-2022, 10:53 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 452 Posts

General: please stop replying with all attachments when quoting.

Quick Reply: Odd interior trim question