Sponsored By:

Cayenne Configurer Updated for MY23

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 11:17 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 571 Posts

It seems like the 23 will be the same and they're going to do it in 24? They would have updated the configurator photos. They can't expect people to order cars that they don't even know what they look like.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:20 AM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.s
That's a big assumption just based only on pictures.
Last year for MY22, the configurator was updated to show the new PCM menus too so they keep configurator pretty accurate
Old 04-28-2022, 11:40 AM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Since Porsche hasn’t made any announcement about the 2023 it would seem strange to me to do it with Pics on the Configurator before the actual announcement. Sure there are spy photos floating around that we can assume are the final look. I just think it’s premature to assume anything about the Refresh at this point.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:47 AM
musammir
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Since Porsche hasn’t made any announcement about the 2023 it would seem strange to me to do it with Pics on the Configurator before the actual announcement. Sure there are spy photos floating around that we can assume are the final look. I just think it’s premature to assume anything about the Refresh at this point.
i disagree but i do hope you're right and i'm wrong. it would be pretty misleading to update their website to reflect 2023 cayennes and then down the line people are getting facelifted cars. i'm sure there is a population of people who want the current body style and not the refresh and are going by the good assumption that what they see as a 2023 on the configurator, is what they get.

again, i do hope im wrong but thats where my logic goes
Old 04-28-2022, 03:09 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

I don't think that Porsche committed anywhere to a 2023 model-year "refresh" of the Cayenne -- was probably mostly journalist speculation based on spy shots. I, for one, will be waiting for the extended-range E-Hybrid battery pack (80 km of electric range, according to Oliver Blume) -- probably MY2024 now. But the price increases this year for MY2023 in the USA configurator across the board are shocking -- I've never seen such huge increases in a single year. Inflation and demand, I guess... But my portfolio isn't going up to match these price increases (it's going down).
Old 04-28-2022, 03:15 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Originally Posted by cometguy
I don't think that Porsche committed anywhere to a 2023 model-year "refresh" of the Cayenne -- was probably mostly journalist speculation based on spy shots. I, for one, will be waiting for the extended-range E-Hybrid battery pack (80 km of electric range, according to Oliver Blume) -- probably MY2024 now. But the price increases this year for MY2023 in the USA configurator across the board are shocking -- I've never seen such huge increases in a single year. Inflation and demand, I guess... But my portfolio isn't going up to match these price increases (it's going down).
they also had price increase for MY2022 (even though it was a little less) but 22 and 23 price increase combined they probably have raised MSRP by around 8% which is not shocking given inflation. I think almost all companies will do this since they have seen people paid above msrp prices this past 18 months.

I too think refresh will be a 2024 model year given what we’ve seen now.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:15 PM
g23s1
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where does it say on the configurator or website anything about MY2023?
The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (04-28-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 03:20 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by g23s1
Where does it say on the configurator or website anything about MY2023?
Build a car in the US configurator now, and it'll give you a pdf file (choose the "print" command at the bottom) with the specs you chose and show the model year (now 2023 across the board -- at least for Cayenne and Taycan, which I both checked last night)...

Last edited by cometguy; 04-28-2022 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:42 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 571 Posts

They prob can't facelift it due to shortages all around. It's hard to get current parts all new ones ( As much for a facelift) would be almost impossible.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:43 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 425 Posts

I think they are splitting things for planning purposes. Standard interval for prior Cayennes support facelift for this model year. Given where the prototypes are (barely disguised and close to final, see below for pics from the last day or two) suggest a reveal soon. I'd be surprised if those of us with MY23 builds don't wind up with facelifted cars.

View this post on Instagram
Old 04-28-2022, 06:03 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by musammir
ugh i’m so annoyed the facelift didn’t happen lol now i’m not so sure if it’s worth getting out of my 2019…have they updated anything or it’s essentially the same car?
I wouldn’t trade a 2019 out for a new Cayenne until the refresh is formally announced unless you've grown to hate your build or you want a significant change in trim level such as Cayenne S to turbo GT.
TempeAndy (05-01-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 06:36 PM
Mojobaggins
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you look at Standard Features - Thermal Insulated Glass is being shown as Standard.
daveo4porsche (05-04-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 01:46 AM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by musammir
i disagree but i do hope you're right and i'm wrong. it would be pretty misleading to update their website to reflect 2023 cayennes and then down the line people are getting facelifted cars. i'm sure there is a population of people who want the current body style and not the refresh and are going by the good assumption that what they see as a 2023 on the configurator, is what they get.
again, i do hope im wrong but thats where my logic goes
I don’t disagree that the Facelift could be pushed back…I just think it’s too early to make that call. There is speculation both ways. The Porsche online Configurator is one of the best around but it currently has errors or mistakes. For example-the GTS comes with leather/Race Tex seats and red stitching. The Configurator shows black leather seats. Select Deviated seats and you don’t get the picture of a seat you selected. One package that changes GTS seats to leather made the change like it did with the 2022 Configurator but failed to display the material change or price change during the build. These are just the things I noticed going over my build since the Configurator update.

Porsche could push the builds back to early 2023 and make them a 2024 model in the US. A Dealer told one customer not to expect delivery of a new GTS order for a year. Another said he had inside info that the refresh wouldn’t happen for 2023. Dealers aren’t always a reliable source of information. Auto sources are still reporting the refresh for 2023 with spy shots. All we have is speculation so personally I just think it’s premature to conclude that there will be no Facelift for 2023. Changeover is 4 months away and we have no word yet from Porsche. If it’s true it will at soon leak to the Media…they have inside contacts from years of attending vehicle intro’s. I have very little patience but think I can wait a little longer for something official before I make any decisions.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:01 PM
356Fan3
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mattsrs
They removed the thermal insulated glass option altogether. I wonder what else they have removed
Placed a build order today and Burmester was on “stop hold”. I was really on the fence considering the cost vs. road noise, etc. I know there are several opinions if the juice is worth the squeeze. Subjective to individuals.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:06 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Originally Posted by 356Fan3
Placed a build order today and Burmester was on “stop hold”. I was really on the fence considering the cost vs. road noise, etc. I know there are several opinions if the juice is worth the squeeze. Subjective to individuals.
I was skeptical about the Bose in Cayenne but it surprised me. It is better than I expected and to my ears better than Harman Kardon in BMW and slightly better than Audi's B&F system. I'm sure Burmester will be a class above but I personally don't find the Bose a deal breaker.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Configurer Updated for MY23