Sponsored By:

MY2023 Facelift Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 11:13 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Ezk1eL
My Porsche sales rep told me this week that my allocation/build is accepted and planned but not on the manufacturing line yet.... is that what the ''V'' status is?
I’m new to Porsche but I think V 200 is the beginning of the build-going to the body shop. Then there are several more V status codes as it goes through production until V 300-vehicle complete.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:21 PM
Ezk1eL
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.s
I’m new to Porsche but I think V 200 is the beginning of the build-going to the body shop. Then there are several more V status codes as it goes through production until V 300-vehicle complete.
So I'm clearly not V200 then.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:37 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

^^^ Your dealer should provide you something resembling this:

Here are more details on the Porsche V-Codes from this thread:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/th...xplained.1112/

V070 A vehicle demand request has been submitted to Porsche. This lets Porsche know that your dealer has a customer who wants to order a specific vehicle. This does not mean you have an allocation. This simply lets Porsche know how many potential customers exist. At this point you will not have a build schedule.

V200 Delivery date determined. Now you have an allocation with an estimated delivery date. This date can easily change through the process due to many outside factors (parts, weather, changes to your order, Russian Invasion, etc). You should be able to get an estimate build schedule (like the example above) from your dealer at this point.

V170/180 This mean the order is being reviewed by Porsche because of a special request. It could be as simple of specifying the color of your stitching, to Paint to Sample color requests, to full CXX options. This typically comes after V200 if a special request was made when your build was submitted.

V250 Order has locked. You probably can’t make any changes at this point without pulling some strings. Even though the order is locked it can still be a long wait from now until the vehicle actually starts production. Anything from weeks to months. Your build schedule should provide you with estimated timing.

V260 Vehicle has entered the body shop. Now your car has officially started production. However there can still be delays at this point. Everything from parts shortage to changes in shipping schedules could impact your schedule. People have reported cars taking several additional weeks as a worst case.

V300 Your vehicle is complete and is ready to leave the factory. Your vehicle will wait until it is loaded onto a truck and shipped to Port Emden in Germany.

V331 Entry port Emden. Most vehicles traveling outside of Europe will be loaded onto a ship in the German port of Emden. Your vehicle could sit here for days to weeks depending on the shipping schedules.

V332 Exit port Emden. This means your car has been loaded onto a ship and has left port.

Atlantic crossing typically takes 6-10 days and if your Entry Port is on the West Coast (i.e. San Diego) remember the ship will need to go through the Panama canal which adds additional time.

The ships will typically anchor offshore for 12-36 hours prior to entering port. Then they typically spend 12-24 hours in port for unloading vehicles. This is normal.

UXXX Entry Port XXXX This is when you car arrives in North America. Once your car is unloaded from the ship it will go through an inspection by Porsche and through customs. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to several weeks. Everything from back logs, to minor vehicle issues, to customs can impact this time. At this point your dealer will not be able to provide any details except when the car has actually left the port on a truck.

UXXX Exit Port XXXX Now your car has left port and is on a truck. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to a week to travel from port to your dealer. Most dealers rely on Porsche Corporate to transport the vehicle so as a result your dealer will probably not be able to provide much detail other than the dates in the Porsche system. There is not a way to track your vehicle when it’s on the truck unless your dealer is using their own transportation which is rare.

Once your vehicle arrive at the dealer they will most likely need a couple of days to perform a final vehicle prep and inspection. Most dealers will let you see the car during this process so you can get you first glimpse of the car.

Last edited by Schnave; 03-12-2022 at 10:29 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Schnave:
bobblehead (03-12-2022), Ron.s (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 12:38 PM
Ezk1eL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Schnave
^^^ Your dealer should provide you something resembling this:

Here are more details on the Porsche V-Codes from this thread:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/th...xplained.1112/

V070 A vehicle demand request has been submitted to Porsche. This lets Porsche know that your dealer has a customer who wants to order a specific vehicle. This does not mean you have an allocation. This simply lets Porsche know how many potential customers exist. At this point you will not have a build schedule.

V200 Delivery date determined. Now you have an allocation with an estimated delivery date. This date can easily change through the process due to many outside factors (parts, weather, changes to your order, Russian Invasion, etc). You should be able to get an estimate build schedule (like the example above) from your dealer at this point.

V170/180 This mean the order is being reviewed by Porsche because of a special request. It could be as simple of specifying the color of your stitching, to Paint to Sample color requests, to full CXX options. This typically comes after V200 if a special request was made when your build was submitted.

V250 Order has locked. You probably can’t make any changes at this point without pulling some strings. Even though the order is locked it can still be a long wait from now until the vehicle actually starts production. Anything from weeks to months. Your build schedule should provide you with estimated timing.

V260 Vehicle has entered the body shop. Now your car has officially started production. However there can still be delays at this point. Everything from parts shortage to changes in shipping schedules could impact your schedule. People have reported cars taking several additional weeks as a worst case.

V300 Your vehicle is complete and is ready to leave the factory. Your vehicle will wait until it is loaded onto a truck and shipped to Port Emden in Germany.

V331 Entry port Emden. Most vehicles traveling outside of Europe will be loaded onto a ship in the German port of Emden. Your vehicle could sit here for days to weeks depending on the shipping schedules.

V332 Exit port Emden. This means your car has been loaded onto a ship and has left port.

Atlantic crossing typically takes 6-10 days and if your Entry Port is on the West Coast (i.e. San Diego) remember the ship will need to go through the Panama canal which adds additional time.

The ships will typically anchor offshore for 12-36 hours prior to entering port. Then they typically spend 12-24 hours in port for unloading vehicles. This is normal.

UXXX Entry Port XXXX This is when you car arrives in North America. Once your car is unloaded from the ship it will go through an inspection by Porsche and through customs. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to several weeks. Everything from back logs, to minor vehicle issues, to customs can impact this time. At this point your dealer will not be able to provide any details except when the car has actually left the port on a truck.

UXXX Exit Port XXXX Now your car has left port and is on a truck. This can take anywhere from 24 hours to a week to travel from port to your dealer. Most dealers rely on Porsche Corporate to transport the vehicle so as a result your dealer will probably not be able to provide much detail other than the dates in the Porsche system. There is not a way to track your vehicle when it’s on the truck unless your dealer is using their own transportation which is rare.

Once your vehicle arrive at the dealer they will most likely need a couple of days to perform a final vehicle prep and inspection. Most dealers will let you see the car during this process so you can get you first glimpse of the car.
So I'm definitively past V070 because I did get one allocation in Nov 2021, confirmed by my dealer but I'm still not V200. This is weird, I see people who received their allocation in November 2021 and their car is on the boat right now.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:44 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

So I'm definitively past V070 because I did get one allocation in Nov 2021, confirmed by my dealer but I'm still not V200. This is weird, I see people who received their allocation in November 2021 and their car is on the boat right now.
if you are V070, the dealer didn’t have allocation. When I put deposit on mine for an allocation, it was V200 as soon as he entered the configuration. Another dealer who was honest and said they don’t have allocation but he can put order demand which is 070. If you are keen on having your car asap, find a dealer with actual allocation.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:58 PM
Ezk1eL
Advanced

Originally Posted by mattsrs
if you are V070, the dealer didn’t have allocation. When I put deposit on mine for an allocation, it was V200 as soon as he entered the configuration. Another dealer who was honest and said they don’t have allocation but he can put order demand which is 070. If you are keen on having your car asap, find a dealer with actual allocation.
I have a Nov 2021 allocation, I'm 100% sure of that, the dealer showed it to me in their system. They told me by email this week that my build is accepted and planned by Porsche but not on the line yet. So I don't know what code that is.
Old 03-12-2022, 01:03 PM
mattsrs
Pro

I have a Nov 2021 allocation, I'm 100% sure of that, the dealer showed it to me in their system. They told me by email this week that my build is accepted and planned by Porsche but not on the line yet. So I don't know what code that is.
Ok great! All I am saying is that if your status is V070 in Porsche event schedule, that is not an allocation.
Old 03-12-2022, 01:04 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,744 Likes on 974 Posts

Your dealer has no allocation for your car if you are still V070.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:06 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 145 Posts

This is a bit unrelated but this GTS is supposed to be available in a few weeks in the northeast (PA).

10k ADM for “local” customers - 20k for everyone else.

Happy to pass along the details if anyone is interested. Nothing in it for me - was just from an SA I know from when I was looking for my Cayenne GTS early last year (I ended up going with a different dealer because a year ago you could still negotiate discounts on these…).

Cayenne GTS 109,000.00 2 A1 Black 0.00 3 GC Leather Interior in Black incl. GTS Interior in Race-Tex 0.00 4 0N5 Rear Axle Steering incl. Power Steering Plus 1,620.00 5 1D6 Trailer Hitch without Tow Ball 660.00 6 5TE Interior Trim in Brushed Aluminum 0.00 7 8LH Sport Chrono Package 1,130.00 8 9JB Smoking Package 0.00 9 FI6 Seat Belts in Bordeaux Red 660.00 10 KA6 Surround View 1,200.00 11 Z1S Included First Year / 10,000 Mile Maintenance 0.00 12 PFA Premium Package 4,030.00 Auto-Dimming Mirrors 0.00 Ambient Lighting 0.00 Comfort Access 0.00 Lane Change Assist (LCA) 0.00 Heated Seats (Front) 0.00 13 9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System 0.00 14 Q1J Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Comfort Memory 420.00 Total Retail Vehicle Price 118,720.00 Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee 1,350.00 Total of Charges & Taxes 1,350.00 Total Retail Price 120,070.00
Old 03-12-2022, 02:08 PM
Ezk1eL
Advanced

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Your dealer has no allocation for your car if you are still V070.
Where did I say I was still V070?
Old 03-12-2022, 02:11 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 145 Posts

You are probably V200 but then your dealer should be able to give you an expected lock and build date.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:15 PM
Ezk1eL
Advanced

Originally Posted by av12345
You are probably V200 but then your dealer should be able to give you an expected lock and build date.
I asked for an update on my allocation and all I got from them was ''it's accepted and planned by Porsche''... whatever that means.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:18 PM
mattsrs
Pro

maybe best is to ask for a screenshot of your current event schedule?
Old 03-12-2022, 02:27 PM
Ezk1eL
Advanced

Originally Posted by mattsrs
maybe best is to ask for a screenshot of your current event schedule?
Will do in the next few weeks if I don't get an update from them.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:03 AM
Sethor
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Some more 2023 spy shots published this week

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...py-shots-video

Quick Reply: MY2023 Facelift Information