MY2023 Facelift Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 07:43 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,744 Likes on 974 Posts

Originally Posted by Sethor
Macan.

I did enquire about about the facelift but dealer said factory closure & backlog may push the facelift release back. If I did a factory order I was told it would most likely be a late 2022/early 2023 delivery, with the production shutdown I ended up signing up for a GTS already in transit. Leoni who make the harnesses but do operate from many locations around Europe so hopefully they can move manufacturing to another factory to get the production going again.
They have two factories in Ukraine which together employ 7,000 people. That is pretty massive. I doubt they can tool multiple existing factories fast enough not to mention hire enough people. If you think about the fact that if 50% of 7,000 people were men who are now not allowed to leave Ukraine, that is 3,500 brand new recruits you have to hire/train/etc - which assumes you would be able to bring the other 3,500 from Ukraine to your newly tooled factories. I just dont see this happening. At best, they’ll add a 3rd shift and a weekend shift to increase production output by 30% (optimistically) which means pretty much 30% Porsches being produced plus the existing X weeks of delays. I am doubtful that the very first Porsche produced after plants open will make it stateside before September.
The following users liked this post:
mattsrs (03-09-2022)
Old 03-09-2022, 09:54 PM
g23s1
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rdboxster
I just deleted my post as the information from the sales rep contradicted what the article I posted stated. His info from Porsche today states the Cayenne production is continuing. We just need to wait this out and be patient. Getting a new vehicle is a very low priority right now in my opinion.
My SA informed me this morning that Cayenne production has been halted for several weeks. I hope yours is correct.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:26 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Here’s a copy of the leaked internal Porsche memo…might be fake but looks legit to me.

The situation in Ukraine is impacting our production
activities and the supply chain for Porsche plants
are being affected.
Based on the latest news from our colleagues in
the production and procurement departments, we
have some updates concerning the production
dates.
Please read carefully and consider the effect in
the SR that you are doing right now.
The March production will be partly stopped for
all model lines.
Please find the exact production cut-off dates
below.
911 GT3/Touring: 17.03.
911: 31.03.
718: 14.03.
Cayenne: 07.03.
Macan/Panamera:02.03.
Taycan: 03.03.
All cars with a planned CP8 date in March (in
PMS) before or including the date above will be
produced.
PMS) later than the dates above will not be
produced.
Edit: 17.03= March 17

Last edited by Ron.s; 03-09-2022 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:43 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Here’s a copy of the leaked internal Porsche memo…might be fake but looks legit to me.

The situation in Ukraine is impacting our production
activities and the supply chain for Porsche plants
are being affected.
Based on the latest news from our colleagues in
the production and procurement departments, we
have some updates concerning the production
dates.
Please read carefully and consider the effect in
the SR that you are doing right now.
The March production will be partly stopped for
all model lines.
Please find the exact production cut-off dates
below.
911 GT3/Touring: 17.03.
911: 31.03.
718: 14.03.
Cayenne: 07.03.
Macan/Panamera:02.03.
Taycan: 03.03.
PMS) before or including the date above will be
produced.
PMS) later than the dates above will not be
produced.
Edit: 17.03= March 17
This has now been posted so many times. We dont even know if its real and what part of the company sent this etc
Old 03-09-2022, 10:52 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
They have two factories in Ukraine which together employ 7,000 people. That is pretty massive. I doubt they can tool multiple existing factories fast enough not to mention hire enough people. If you think about the fact that if 50% of 7,000 people were men who are now not allowed to leave Ukraine, that is 3,500 brand new recruits you have to hire/train/etc - which assumes you would be able to bring the other 3,500 from Ukraine to your newly tooled factories. I just dont see this happening. At best, they’ll add a 3rd shift and a weekend shift to increase production output by 30% (optimistically) which means pretty much 30% Porsches being produced plus the existing X weeks of delays. I am doubtful that the very first Porsche produced after plants open will make it stateside before September.
Apparently it’s more than wire harnesses.

An analysis of 2020 Comtrade data by consultancy AlixPartners says Ukraine was responsible for about 7 percent of the wire harnesses imported into the European Union. Plants in the cities of Stryi and Kolomyja produce high-quality components for the automotive industry, not just wiring harnesses, giving jobs to approximately 60,000 people. Roughly 22 companies have invested more than $600 million in 38 plants in the country.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:30 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Apparently it’s more than wire harnesses.

An analysis of 2020 Comtrade data by consultancy AlixPartners says Ukraine was responsible for about 7 percent of the wire harnesses imported into the European Union. Plants in the cities of Stryi and Kolomyja produce high-quality components for the automotive industry, not just wiring harnesses, giving jobs to approximately 60,000 people. Roughly 22 companies have invested more than $600 million in 38 plants in the country.
But we dont know how many of those plants that house 60,000 people produce components for Porsche. There are many manufacturers in EU.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:58 AM
Ron.s
Pro

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
But we dont know how many of those plants that house 60,000 people produce components for Porsche. There are many manufacturers in EU.
True, the news about the closures specifically mentions high end parts... Porsche & BMW are mentioned, not Mercedes. Many of the plants are near Germany. It won't take many key components to cause a halt to a specific model.
There are about 6 companies involved in Ukraine with other facilities in other countries. How much they can increase or shift production and how long to ramp up is the question.
I'm on the road or I would quote the full article.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:30 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by FarHills
As a happy owner of a '21 Cayenne S, and somone whose Russian half of the family is currently trying to kill the Ukrainian half, I feel truly conflicted. On the one hand, I would like for everyone to get their Porsches sooner (they're great), on the other - I'd rather all my relatives live.
The important thing here. Sorry you're going through this.
Old 03-10-2022, 12:41 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by g23s1
My SA informed me this morning that Cayenne production has been halted for several weeks. I hope yours is correct.
information is changing quickly and difficult to determine what’s real and what’s not. All we can do is stay in touch with our Reps. I’ll take delivery whenever the Cayenne arrives. I have a great vehicle to drive in the meantime. We just need the bloodshed to end.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:42 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

I have heard from a very reliable source that production has stopped in Cayenne factory. I believe Porsche informed dealers nationwide this week to expect substantial delays beginning April and May and plan accordingly. The cars that are being produced right now are the ones that were almost complete and have parts ready.
Old 03-11-2022, 01:48 AM
decko999
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed my order for a new base about 2 weeks ago and was told today by the dealer that they got 0 allocations for the base. I was able to get the platinum edition though for some reason. He told me it'd be about July to get it, but then later in the day sent me the build sheet which had a mid-August date. He told me there was a stop sale on led matrix headlights which pushed the date out again. At this point, it won't surprise me if it keeps getting delayed.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:03 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by decko999
I placed my order for a new base about 2 weeks ago and was told today by the dealer that they got 0 allocations for the base. I was able to get the platinum edition though for some reason. He told me it'd be about July to get it, but then later in the day sent me the build sheet which had a mid-August date. He told me there was a stop sale on led matrix headlights which pushed the date out again. At this point, it won't surprise me if it keeps getting delayed.
There wont be any cars built for a while I’m afraid.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:46 PM
Ezk1eL
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I got my allocation Nov 10th 2021 and submitted my build the day after.... my car isn't even in production yet. F*ck me.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:19 PM
IXIXI
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 62 Posts

Did you get a “V” status update at any point?
Old 03-11-2022, 10:29 PM
Ezk1eL
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IXIXI
Did you get a “V” status update at any point?
My Porsche sales rep told me this week that my allocation/build is accepted and planned but not on the manufacturing line yet.... is that what the ''V'' status is?

Quick Reply: MY2023 Facelift Information