Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Strange squeal/squeak from rear wheels turning at low speed - 2020 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 04:06 AM
flarpdoo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Strange squeal/squeak from rear wheels turning at low speed - 2020 Turbo

2020 Cayenne Turbo - noise seems to have started after the car had the rear right alloy refinished - but not sure how that should be able to cause anything.

It seems to be very different to the PSCB break noises / grinding / judder videos that have been posted on the forums and really seems to only occur when turning the steering wheel.

Car is optioned with both RAS and PTV, so I'm wondering if the RAS may be suspect - don't see that PTV would be involved at low speed.

When driving in a straight line under 10mph turning the wheel to the left or the right, even very slightly, generates a reasonably loud squeal from the side that you are turning towards (i.e left rear when turning wheel left).

Only had the car a few ~300 miles (3600 total on the odometer) - and wasn't aware of it prior to the alloy refinish - but perhaps its possible I didn't notice it.

Any thoughts on what it might be? Have sent a message to the dealers service folks so will see what they say tomorrow.

I've attached a short recording, turning slightly left then slightly right at about 7-8mph. The first noise is louder because the camera was hanging out the left front/drivers window.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
IMG_9095.mp3 (96.6 KB, 29 views)

Quick Reply: Strange squeal/squeak from rear wheels turning at low speed - 2020 Turbo