Deposits when ordering a Cayenne in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 12:23 AM
mkppo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deposits when ordering a Cayenne in the UK

Hey guys,

I just wanted to hear your experiences when factory ordering a Cayenne. Does Porsche ask for an initial deposit, then another deposit when the build slot is confirmed? Or is it the usual £3000 till I get the car? I'm not sure if that amount amount changed for '22 models. Also, if I put down an initial deposit for a '21 model, then decide to wait and get the '22 instead, can they ask for another deposit on top of the initial one?

The reason for clarification is i'm not sure if my SA is asking for more money than usual and I can only ask you guys to share your experiences so I have some clarity on the matter. I don't know anyone else who's actually factory ordered a Cayenne.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-21-2021, 08:47 AM
toma nova
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 246 Posts

When we ordered our 21 Base, the dealer asked for $5k when we placed the initial order with a firm build slot and nothing else when it locked (we did not make any changes).

It might be worth checking with UK Porsche buyers as the process may be unique by country.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:03 AM
Mulacttocs
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I may be wrong but I don't believe the deposit is anything to do with Porsche, it's the dealers who take (and keep) the money. My experience in the UK this year is £3,000 on ordering and that's it until the car is delivered. The order paperwork from the dealer makes no mention of any other payment being required and I've not been asked for anything and fingers crossed it's being built right now.

Hope that helps
Old 09-21-2021, 12:23 PM
YHC
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

In Los Angeles, I was asked for the deposit, and I gave my SA credit card infos.
They never did anything with it.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:26 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 733 Likes on 508 Posts

In 2017 I bought a 911 for $130,000. It was a factory order and the dealer asked for a $10,000 deposit and I gave them $5,000. They didn't ask for more after that. Sometimes the dealer will want a high despot for cars, as optioned would be difficult to sell if the buyer didn't take delivery. So an paint to sample car, or car with heavy options, etc.
The following users liked this post:
Mulacttocs (09-21-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 02:07 AM
mkppo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies everyone. I understand that sometimes dealers might want more, but it's only paid the first time you're booking the car and then the next payment is when taking delivery of the car with nothing in between. That's what I thought but in my case something's off so I might need to have a chat with them.

Quick Reply: Deposits when ordering a Cayenne in the UK