Sponsored By:

MY22 Deliveries

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 06:51 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmasd
I hear you. I feel bad for them. I have been told at least in Edm they work on a salary not a commission, but still trying to sell with no inventory isn't great. I reached out to my SA last week to get an update. My build hasn't moved since I posted my initial screen shot. He did email them to get an update and I will keep the forum posted.
Yours was hybrid?
Old 10-03-2021, 10:03 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 688 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmasd
I hear you. I feel bad for them. I have been told at least in Edm they work on a salary not a commission, but still trying to sell with no inventory isn't great. I reached out to my SA last week to get an update. My build hasn't moved since I posted my initial screen shot. He did email them to get an update and I will keep the forum posted.
I think it amounts to the same thing for the salesman in Edmonton. If on commission, they show up and don't earn anything. If on salary the dealership lays some of the sales force off for a period because they have nothing to sell. Let's hope things improve soon.

Last edited by kayjh; 10-04-2021 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:14 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm also in Edmonton and my delivery date for a hybrid was still on schedule for early January. I guess we'll see if it gets pushed back or not.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:54 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Originally Posted by JustinL
I'm also in Edmonton and my delivery date for a hybrid was still on schedule for early January. I guess we'll see if it gets pushed back or not.
When did you order it?
Old 10-04-2021, 12:59 PM
RobinN
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meyecul
There are currently some very serious delays throughout the entire Porsche range (different factories etc). It has to be a combo of everything from chip shortage constraints, to a lack of parts / components in general. You can find discussions on just about every models orders getting pushed and delayed and pushed some more and then many even arriving in the US only to then sit some more at the ports. At the factories, some vehicles are being partially built, pulled off lines, then sit waiting for specific parts to be completed. It's almost like this has snowballed out of control well beyond what the powers that be at Porsche were ever expecting (and across the auto industry in general).

I have been spending some time over on the Macan Forum and the UK Macan Forum as I have a 2021 GTS on order (also wayyyy delayed). I have to laugh when I read of people placing orders for the new 2022 Macans and getting Jan or Feb ETA dates for base models and April / May for S and GTS. There is no way these orders are going arrive at their dealers even close to those eta estimates the way things currently are. It would take some kind of a miracle turn around for the factories to catch up by then. Here is to hoping for a miracle for them!
Yes, I am totally agree with you. Now some problems with car and with some details is everywhere. People stuck with some problem.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:03 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Originally Posted by kayjh
When did you order it?
Early August
Old 10-04-2021, 01:47 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Originally Posted by JustinL
Early August
Porsche CEO was quoted a saying current delays are around 6 months or more due to supply constraints. I guess it is just a cost of doing business, but to the extent the selling price is above $100,000, Trudeau has promised a luxury tax of 20% on the value above $100,000.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:40 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 134 Posts

Porsche CEO was quoted a saying current delays are around 6 months or more due to supply constraints. I guess it is just a cost of doing business, but to the extent the selling price is above $100,000, Trudeau has promised a luxury tax of 20% on the value above $100,000.
Well that tax would only make Porsche even more "exclusive" in Canada
Old 10-04-2021, 09:02 PM
asendoh7
4th Gear

Got the dreaded delayed call on my ordered e-Hybrid today. Had to change from Premium Plus to Premium few weeks ago due to delay but that didn't work. Maybe I should change it back since I am being told it will be delayed till March which means the tax credit is gone. Is it even possible to use that allocation to order a GTS instead? Probably not is my assumption but after losing the credit, makes me think about just getting the GTS.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:16 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by asendoh7
Got the dreaded delayed call on my ordered e-Hybrid today. Had to change from Premium Plus to Premium few weeks ago due to delay but that didn't work. Maybe I should change it back since I am being told it will be delayed till March which means the tax credit is gone. Is it even possible to use that allocation to order a GTS instead? Probably not is my assumption but after losing the credit, makes me think about just getting the GTS.
That's what I'd do.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:21 PM
kayjh
Drifting

I think your dealer would need an allocation for GTS and agree to put you into that allocation and sell yours to someone else. Has it locked? I'm not sure I understand what you are after. Did you choose the eHybrid to save fuel and lower the purchase cost with the incentive? If you lose the incentive, moving to a GTS will still be a significant price gap and a significant fuel economy gap as well. It seems like even without the tax incentive, the eHybrid will be less money and will cost less to operate than a GTS. Of course, the GTS is a fun vehicle and handles quite a bit better than an eHybrid, which in my opinion needs air suspension and PDCC to bring out the handling brilliance possible in a Cayenne.

Last edited by kayjh; 10-05-2021 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:14 PM
asendoh7
4th Gear

I think your dealer would need an allocation for GTS and agree to put you into that allocation and sell yours to someone else. Has it locked? I'm not sure I understand what you are after. Did you choose the eHybrid to save fuel and lower the purchase cost with the incentive? If you lose the incentive, moving to a GTS will still be a significant price gap and a significant fuel economy gap as well. It seems like even without the tax incentive, the eHybrid will be less money and will cost less to operate than a GTS. Of course, the GTS is a fun vehicle and handles quite a bit better than an eHybrid, which in my opinion needs air suspension and PDCC to bring out teh handling brilliance possible in a Cayenne.
Definitely agree with all your points. This car is meant to replace wife's X5 so it made sense to get the e-Hybrid version. I just think now that the price isn't that far off which is actually still another 20k difference based on our options, GTS wouldn't be bad. The only thing with that is that I am sure my wife won't need it at all. I also told her that if it keeps on getting delayed, maybe we should just get her a RS-Q8 which is definitely overkill. I am speaking to an Audi sales on an incoming RS Q8, and if they sell it to me at MSRP, it will be a tough decision. I just prefer Porsche over an Audi that's all. The exhaust note would put a big smile on our little boy.
Old 10-04-2021, 11:20 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 134 Posts

Definitely agree with all your points. This car is meant to replace wife's X5 so it made sense to get the e-Hybrid version. I just think now that the price isn't that far off which is actually still another 20k difference based on our options, GTS wouldn't be bad. The only thing with that is that I am sure my wife won't need it at all. I also told her that if it keeps on getting delayed, maybe we should just get her a RS-Q8 which is definitely overkill. I am speaking to an Audi sales on an incoming RS Q8, and if they sell it to me at MSRP, it will be a tough decision. I just prefer Porsche over an Audi that's all. The exhaust note would put a big smile on our little boy.
Funny how we are in kind of similar situation. Wife also has an X5 but waiting for our e-hybrid order. I initially ordered a SQ8 but cancelled in favor of Cayenne. These ridiculous delays made us thinking about Q8/SQ8 again. Super well rounded car too!
Old 10-05-2021, 12:20 PM
JustinL
Drifting

My build is a pretty basic build for towing trying not to push it too far beyond $100K. Basically every option is 20% more expensive come January. Still I really wanted RS spyder wheels and air suspension so I just have to accept that I'm paying a bit extra tax.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:50 PM
kayjh
Drifting

In Canada, Its pretty hard to keep any Cayenne under $100,000. A base with Spyder RS, Air suspension, Premium Plus package is $100,000. eHybrid, Cayenne S will all be $100,000+.

Quick Reply: MY22 Deliveries