Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What’s the meaning of this sign on my driver board?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 10:10 PM
YanaQ
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What’s the meaning of this sign on my driver board?

I just noticed my driving board showed a downhill sign on the left side meter. What’s that meaning? It shows all the time..

Last edited by YanaQ; 08-30-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:55 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Hello YanaQ. You have inadvertently engaged the Porsche Hill Control (PHC) Mode. It is a slow-speed cruise control used to control speeds below 20 mph on steep descents (greater than 7°). Here’s how to change it back to regular cruise control:

On your driver assistance lever, press the “MODE” button, depicted below:

Your instrument cluster will change to show the options menu for the driver assistance systems. Press the button again until ACC is highlighted with the red bars as shown below. Note: If you don’t have the ACC option, the display may show Cruise or similar.

After highlighting the ACC, wait about 3-4 seconds and the display will disappear and the icon will show a normal speedometer without the downhill depiction.

That’s it. You’re done!

NOTE: If you wish to change your speedometer from Limit 1 / Limit 2 to display the Odometer and trip meter, just roll the left rotary switch on your steering wheel one or two clicks until the Odometer is displayed. Most people find the Limit 1 / Limit 2 display of little value.

To reset your trip meter, press the left rotary button and hold for 3-4 seconds. The trip meter will flash then reset to zero.

For more information, see page 227 in your owner’s manual:

Last edited by Schnave; 08-31-2021 at 01:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Heegoogoo1 (01-07-2022)
Old 08-31-2021, 02:37 AM
YanaQ
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnave
Hello YanaQ. You have inadvertently engaged the Porsche Hill Control (PHC) Mode. It is a slow-speed cruise control used to control speeds below 20 mph on steep descents (greater than 7°). Here’s how to change it back to regular cruise control:

On your driver assistance lever, press the “MODE” button, depicted below:

Your instrument cluster will change to show the options menu for the driver assistance systems. Press the button again until ACC is highlighted with the red bars as shown below. Note: If you don’t have the ACC option, the display may show Cruise or similar.

After highlighting the ACC, wait about 3-4 seconds and the display will disappear and the icon will show a normal speedometer without the downhill depiction.

That’s it. You’re done!

NOTE: If you wish to change your speedometer from Limit 1 / Limit 2 to display the Odometer and trip meter, just roll the left rotary switch on your steering wheel one or two clicks until the Odometer is displayed. Most people find the Limit 1 / Limit 2 display of little value.

To reset your trip meter, press the left rotary button and hold for 3-4 seconds. The trip meter will flash then reset to zero.

For more information, see page 227 in your owner’s manual:

thank you so much for the very helpful tips and kindest😊😊😊
The following users liked this post:
Heegoogoo1 (01-07-2022)

Quick Reply: What’s the meaning of this sign on my driver board?