Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is there a way to prevent E-hybrid from turning off the AC when parked?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 10:56 PM
hyouuu g
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Is there a way to prevent E-hybrid from turning off the AC when parked?

Hello! Couldn't find any mention of this issue so starting a new thread. My girlfriend has a 2020 Cayenne E-hybrid, and after parking the car for a couple of minutes, the engine will shut down (not the "READY" mode anymore and need to turn the key to make it "READY"), and the AC will stop and only blow air but not conditioned air, which has been frustrating since she often needs to go to the backseat to breastfeed the baby.

Is there any way to prevent the engine from shutting down? I know turning to sport mode is one way, but that makes the exhaust really loud and we wonder if there's another way to do it.

Additionally, if we try to remotely start the car to pre-condition the air, it seems to only blow air but not blow conditioned air - is there any way to fix that?

Thank you in advance!
Old 08-14-2021, 02:03 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 118 Posts

Once there is no weight in the front seat, the electric will turn off. The only way I have found is to turn it to Sport, there may be an option with coding, but since E Hybrids don't represent a large slice of total Cayenne sales, it may be that no one has figured it out. As an aside, both of my kids prefer the loud engine noises, and have since they were babies, so that may not be an issue either.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:17 PM
hyouuu g
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by TXSchnee
Once there is no weight in the front seat, the electric will turn off. The only way I have found is to turn it to Sport, there may be an option with coding, but since E Hybrids don't represent a large slice of total Cayenne sales, it may be that no one has figured it out. As an aside, both of my kids prefer the loud engine noises, and have since they were babies, so that may not be an issue either.
Thank you for the confirmation, and the fact the kids like the loud engine noise - didn't think about it that way
Old 08-21-2021, 05:55 AM
sirish19
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, I also have an e-hybrid and was wondering the same thing. I often need to step out of the car for a few minutes and it seems as soon as I open the door, it gives a warning and starts to shut down the AC (even if there are other passengers still in the car). I hadn't thought about switching to Sport mode so I guess I could do that if it is just a few minutes. I don't really like the car idling while I am sitting in it though, especially since it is a hybrid. Sometimes, I want to sit in the parked car and eat or do something on my laptop so I will get out and sit in the backseat. Even then, the AC will shut off and it will only blow out warm air.

Regarding pre-conditioning the car remotely, it should cool down as long as you have enough charge on the battery. Mine always cools down when I remotely set the climate. In fact, one way I have been getting around the issue with sitting in the back seat is by actually shutting the car off altogether, getting out and pre-conditioning it for 30 minutes. The problem with that is that the USB ports don't work and the wi-fi is not activated.

If anyone else has any idea, it would be appreciated.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:39 AM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by sirish19
Hi, I also have an e-hybrid and was wondering the same thing. I often need to step out of the car for a few minutes and it seems as soon as I open the door, it gives a warning and starts to shut down the AC (even if there are other passengers still in the car). I hadn't thought about switching to Sport mode so I guess I could do that if it is just a few minutes. I don't really like the car idling while I am sitting in it though, especially since it is a hybrid. Sometimes, I want to sit in the parked car and eat or do something on my laptop so I will get out and sit in the backseat. Even then, the AC will shut off and it will only blow out warm air.

Regarding pre-conditioning the car remotely, it should cool down as long as you have enough charge on the battery. Mine always cools down when I remotely set the climate. In fact, one way I have been getting around the issue with sitting in the back seat is by actually shutting the car off altogether, getting out and pre-conditioning it for 30 minutes. The problem with that is that the USB ports don't work and the wi-fi is not activated.

If you stay in the front driver's seat, the electric motor will stay on and will run until the battery depletes. I have to sit and wait for my children, sometimes up to an hour and a half, and have never had an issue when staying in the driver's seat. It is shutting off due to the weight sensor in the front seat, I believe it is a safety mechanism so that you don't leave it running accidentally.
Old 08-21-2021, 02:23 PM
trucker
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sirish19

Switching to Sport mode is the only solution I found so far.

Quick Reply: Is there a way to prevent E-hybrid from turning off the AC when parked?