Sponsored By:

2021 GTS - A Few Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 06:11 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
I have my home screen seat up to show the map in the left third, my XM favorites in the middle third and the title & artist in the right third. Works great.
That's what I want! Pic for the Luddite, por favor?

Also, just realized that @Schnave was showing me just that & I misread his post. Sorry, @Schnave - I should have known better than to blow by your awesome help!

Last edited by macanakey; 07-13-2021 at 06:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Schnave (07-13-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 06:23 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 230 Posts

Not trying to be facetious but if you want a 4000 pound SUV why not just get a Macan?
Old 07-13-2021, 07:00 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 733 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by George from MD
Not trying to be facetious but if you want a 4000 pound SUV why not just get a Macan?
I’m sure it’s a have your cake and eat it too thing. He wants the Cayenne space, ride and relative luxury but 1,000 pounds lighter.
The following users liked this post:
XLR82XS (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 01:08 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Schnave
Here’s what it looks like when finished:

Okay, I played around with customizing the screen today, but can't figure out how to get the list of favorites stations there. I didn't see a listing for anything but Media. Where are the favorites? Thanks & sorry to be a pain.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:48 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by macanakey
Okay, I played around with customizing the screen today, but can't figure out how to get the list of favorites stations there. I didn't see a listing for anything but Media. Where are the favorites? Thanks & sorry to be a pain.
No worries, macanakey. After you drag the media tile to the screen note the three chiclets under the screen. Swipe the tile from right to left to advance to the third screen, Favorites. Most tiles have multiple screens. The NAV screen has seven. Swipe through screens, pick your choices, then hit confirm.

The Widget screen can also be edited in much the same way. BONUS: In normal operation, you can swipe Widget screen Vertically to change the Widget. I have mine configured with several, including Artist & Title. You might find that one useful.

Old 07-14-2021, 01:59 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Thanks, @Schnave . Will play with this. Didn't realize I needed an MIT degree for this.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:19 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Schnave
No worries, macanakey. After you drag the media tile to the screen note the three chiclets under the screen. Swipe the tile from right to left to advance to the third screen, Favorites. Most tiles have multiple screens. The NAV screen has seven. Swipe through screens, pick your choices, then hit confirm.

The Widget screen can also be edited in much the same way. BONUS: In normal operation, you can swipe Widget screen Vertically to change the Widget. I have mine configured with several, including Artist & Title. You might find that one useful.

Commenting here again in case anyone else runs into this issue. I finally realized that the size of the tile determines what widget screens are available. I kept trying to add a medium sized Media widget for the saved favorites & then realized I needed the large size to make it happen. The medium tile for Media does not give you the third screen in the widgets & that may be the case for other tiles/widgets. So, I've finally got what I want on the home screen & I'm a happy camper! Thanks @Schnave - I need to put you on retainer for all the help you've provided me & the others on the Forum.

Last edited by macanakey; 07-19-2021 at 12:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by macanakey:
daveo4porsche (07-19-2021), Schnave (07-19-2021)

Quick Reply: 2021 GTS - A Few Thoughts