Sponsored By:

It's here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 11:57 AM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by macanakey
Thanks. I'm eager to drive it, but this is a bit of a let-down. I do have the 1-2-3 seat memory buttons on the driver's door, which makes this whole thing even odder!
So I read the German configurator and on there the seat memory option (Driver’s Memory Package) is actually available in the Interior section as one would expect. My guess is that for the US market it is included as standard (how generous of them) with the 8-way seats in the GTS even though I didn’t see it listed on the site. The caveat though is that this same driver/seat memory package does NOT include memory for the steering wheel on the 8-way seats per site description. That is probably because on the less powerful engine trim levels such as the base the steering wheel adjustment is manual with the 8-way seats(!) Mein Gott Porsche, really?? So if your SA comes back saying it can’t be done, my guess is that the feature’s shortcoming is related to that. But since you should have an electric steering column in the GTS (right?), I hope they can and would be willing to go into the code and activate the missing link, if it’s possible. One thing you might check is whether the memory settings also control the steering position in your config. If all else fails, do as hubby says :-)

Last edited by Fahrfun; 06-05-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:20 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

I do have the electric steering wheel adjustment. Curiouser & curiouser. I'm really hoping that this is something that can be coded back on. The X3 MC that this Cayenne replaces didn't have this feature & it's one feature I missed from the vehicles that preceded the X3. It's so much easier to grab my purse without banging the steering wheel when I get out. I got into the habit of opening front passenger door to set my bag(s) on the front seat in the X3 to get around that. I was really looking to this functionality again.

I really do appreciate all the help & feedback here. Porsche peeps & the Rennlist crowd are so generous with their time & help.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:48 PM
runbuh
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 107 Posts

I do have the electric steering wheel adjustment. Curiouser & curiouser. I'm really hoping that this is something that can be coded back on. The X3 MC that this Cayenne replaces didn't have this feature & it's one feature I missed from the vehicles that preceded the X3. It's so much easier to grab my purse without banging the steering wheel when I get out. I got into the habit of opening front passenger door to set my bag(s) on the front seat in the X3 to get around that. I was really looking to this functionality again.

I really do appreciate all the help & feedback here. Porsche peeps & the Rennlist crowd are so generous with their time & help.
Are you changing your screen name, now?

Congrats on the GTS.

I think you need a black hood crest to go with your white/black theme. Excuse the dirty car and poor lighting.
https://www.aasesales.com/collection...cts/c0g-114619

Old 06-05-2021, 07:07 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by runbuh
Are you changing your screen name, now?

Congrats on the GTS.

I think you need a black hood crest to go with your white/black theme. Excuse the dirty car and poor lighting.
https://www.aasesales.com/collection...cts/c0g-114619
LOL, nope! Started out as Macanakey here & on the Macan Forum & will stay that way! It's actually a play on my last name. Saw the black crest in your original post & it's something to consider, but for now I'm working on the basics - all season mats, cargo liner, screen protector. I've been reading the threads on phone mounts, since my Weather Tech cupholder one doesn't quite work with the Cayenne's cup holder placement. Can't say that I'm overly thrilled with any of the options for now. That's fine - I don't use the phone while I'm driving & there's plenty of time to find the right one. The issue du jour is figuring out how to get that driver's seat to do what I expected it to do.

Old 06-05-2021, 07:30 PM
runbuh
Pro

LOL, nope! Started out as Macanakey here & on the Macan Forum & will stay that way! It's actually a play on my last name. Saw the black crest in your original post & it's something to consider, but for now I'm working on the basics - all season mats, cargo liner, screen protector. I've been reading the threads on phone mounts, since my Weather Tech cupholder one doesn't quite work with the Cayenne's cup holder placement. Can't say that I'm overly thrilled with any of the options for now. That's fine - I don't use the phone while I'm driving & there's plenty of time to find the right one. The issue du jour is figuring out how to get that driver's seat to do what I expected it to do.
Would folks be interested in a phone holder that effectively worked like this (but held the phone in place), and provided a wired connected back to the center storage (for CarPlay and charging)? I'm thinking about something 3D-printable.

Old 06-05-2021, 07:31 PM
runbuh
Pro

Since you're going in for PPF, I also got clear PPF on my center console (I have Great Danes).
Old 06-06-2021, 09:24 AM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by runbuh
Would folks be interested in a phone holder that effectively worked like this (but held the phone in place), and provided a wired connected back to the center storage (for CarPlay and charging)? I'm thinking about something 3D-printable.
Where would the phone be situated? The bin that you show is too far forward to be able to see the phone, so I'm assuming that the holder would clip somewhere else?
Old 06-07-2021, 06:07 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

I've got a potential update to my seat & steering wheel not moving for easy entry & egress. I called the indie mechanic we've used for eons for our past Audi & current Porsche vehicles & he thinks that something got left out in the coding & that I should have that feature with the comfort access option that my Cayenne has. I then called the service department at Porsche Clifton Park, where I got the vehicle. The nice guy there pulled up my car & concurred. So, I'm going to call my local Porsche dealer & see about getting the car in to be updated. I'm not their favorite customer, since we've purchased several new Porsches over the year from other dealers. That's primarily because they never have what we're looking for, never offer competitive discounts, never offer to dealer trade for us & rarely have allocations available. Oh well.
The following users liked this post:
Fahrfun (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 07:35 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 692 Likes on 481 Posts

I've got a potential update to my seat & steering wheel not moving for easy entry & egress. I called the indie mechanic we've used for eons for our past Audi & current Porsche vehicles & he thinks that something got left out in the coding & that I should have that feature with the comfort access option that my Cayenne has. I then called the service department at Porsche Clifton Park, where I got the vehicle. The nice guy there pulled up my car & concurred. So, I'm going to call my local Porsche dealer & see about getting the car in to be updated. I'm not their favorite customer, since we've purchased several new Porsches over the year from other dealers. That's primarily because they never have what we're looking for, never offer competitive discounts, never offer to dealer trade for us & rarely have allocations available. Oh well.
Regardless of whether they like you or not, if your car has a defect, they have to fix it under the warranty. Just go try one on the lot with the same option package and if it does it and yours doesn't I'm sure they'll just fix it without complaint.
macanakey (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 07:54 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 93 Posts

Typically the service staff is operating separately from the sales staff. You may have an opportunity to start with a clean slate 😁
macanakey (06-07-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 07:53 AM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Congrats on the new GTS. Where do you intend to get the ppf? clear or stealth?
Old 06-08-2021, 10:53 AM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KOTB
Congrats on the new GTS. Where do you intend to get the ppf? clear or stealth?
It's in for clear PPF on the hood & front end. Also, the rear bumper, behind the wheels & on luggage shelf area. No stealth, since it won't be on the full car. Front windows are also being tinted, since I live in hell, AKA Florida.

Last edited by macanakey; 06-10-2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:35 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Another update for anyone who cares or is curious. I called PCNA, who concurred that the comfort seat & steering wheel functions should be there, so I called my local dealership & spoke to a new, very friendly service advisor. He said that when cars are delivered to the dealership, there's typically some coding that's run to turn on certain functionalities. It's possible that that turning on process didn't fully take & that it should just be something that can be flashed. I've got an appointment to take in in a couple of weeks & I'm hoping that it'll take care of that minor problem.

Meanwhile the car has been PPF'd & front windows have been tinted. It's a pleasure to drive! If anyone is in NE Florida, I'd highly recommend Firehouse Auto Spa. They did a great job with both & the total tab was a bit lower than I'd expected, especially since I asked for some more areas to be done since I'd received the original quote.
Fahrfun (06-12-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,404 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Another update for anyone who cares or is curious. . .
Absolutely! Thanks for the update. These threads are used by many looking to diagnose and fix their own similar problems. Rennlist is a huge repository of detailed information, some of which may not be found anywhere else on the Internet. This forum is especially helpful since the 9Y0 has new technology with people sorting out new, unique problems such as yours.

Unfortunately, some OP’s don’t update the thread after many folks take the time and energy to offer helpful solutions. We, and many future searchers will never find out which, if any posted solutions fixed the problem. So yes, we care and are thankful! 😃
The following 2 users liked this post by Schnave:
Fahrfun (06-12-2021), macanakey (06-11-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 03:46 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Update to the update to the update - My local dealership looked at the car this morning & indicated that there's a difference between Comfort Access & Comfort Entry. Mine has Comfort Access, which allows keyless entry. Comfort Entry is the feature that pushes the seat back & raises the steering wheel for easy ingress & egress. My vehicle has 8-way seats, & those seats appear not to come with that feature. I'm going to call into Porsche Customer Service again to confirm that & I'll also call our indie mechanic, but that's what I'm being told. I like the 8-way seats fine. They're supposed to be the same as the 18-ways, but without the bolster adjustment functionality. I was okay with that, since I always deflate the back bolsters in our 18-way seat vehicles, but it never occurred to me that I may be sacrificing that comfort access feature by taking a car with 8-way seats.

It's a minor disappointment, but not one to dwell on. It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the car at all.
Fahrfun (06-29-2021)

Quick Reply: It's here!