Sponsored By:

Factory Order and Leasing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 06:52 PM
RichLA
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Order and Leasing

I've leased my last two Cayenne Hybrids from dealer inventory (2016, 2018). And I've leased a Panamera Hybrid and my current 911 also from the showroom. I am leaning toward a factory build for the next Cayenne. 2022 delivering in Jan or Feb. Any disadvantage of leasing a factory order?
Old 05-09-2021, 03:11 PM
mk85911
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by RichLA
I've leased my last two Cayenne Hybrids from dealer inventory (2016, 2018). And I've leased a Panamera Hybrid and my current 911 also from the showroom. I am leaning toward a factory build for the next Cayenne. 2022 delivering in Jan or Feb. Any disadvantage of leasing a factory order?
I don’t have much experience leasing, but I do like doing my own build because I find that the cars on the dealers lot generally contain a lot more costly options than I want. So at least you have the opportunity to shed some initial capital cost by careful selection of options. Also, the dealer I generally work with prefers to do build orders because they avoid carrying costs because the sale is completed in a couple of days, and that is reflected in a better discount from MSRP, which further reduces the initial capital cost.

as for the residual, some options are more important that others, and your sales person can probably help you there, if that’s a concern.

so, if you can optimize initial capital cost and residual, I would expect that for any given finance cost, you would be helping yourself. Mike

Last edited by mk85911; 05-09-2021 at 03:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tedster (05-10-2021)

Quick Reply: Factory Order and Leasing