2019 Base Cayenne engine control fault @ cold start

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 10:10 AM
twinspark
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 Base Cayenne engine control fault @ cold start

Hi everyone,

Did anyone get this warning before "Engine control fault, driving permitted, visit workshop" during a cold start? it happened more than once, sometimes in conjunction with " start stop failure". I went to the dealer and they changed 1 spark plug that they claimed was causing a misfire. However, it happened again 2 days later. The problem disappears after turning off/on engine.

I noticed that this started happening after my 25,000 KM service at the dealer, they didn't do anything during this service except changing the oil. Any ideas?

Thank you
Old 04-02-2021, 04:34 AM
twinspark
Track Day

Any Ideas?
Old 04-02-2021, 02:55 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

Get a cheap OBD reader and you might be able to identify the fault.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:21 PM
John__C
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by twinspark
Any Ideas?
It's still under warranty. Take it back to the dealer and tell them to figure it out and fix it.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:39 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts

My 2019 base Cayenne had a stop/start failure warning but not your other issue. So chances are the two faults are not connected.

BTW, I became hopeful when I saw the stop/start error message that the AS/S functionality had died and I would no longer have to switch to Individual or Sport Mode whenever I started the car. But, alas, the error message disappeared the next time I started it and the error has not reappeared. Damn!

Last edited by LSR; 04-02-2021 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:55 AM
twinspark
Track Day

Cool

Originally Posted by LSR
My 2019 base Cayenne had a stop/start failure warning but not your other issue. So chances are the two faults are not connected.

BTW, I became hopeful when I saw the stop/start error message that the AS/S functionality had died and I would no longer have to switch to Individual or Sport Mode whenever I started the car. But, alas, the error message disappeared the next time I started it and the error has not reappeared. Damn!
I thought the same thing but then I realized I want to be the one in control
Old 04-04-2021, 11:56 AM
twinspark
Track Day

Angry

Originally Posted by John__C
It's still under warranty. Take it back to the dealer and tell them to figure it out and fix it.
I did 3 times and they still haven't figured it out! First time, they changed a spark plug, I guess they didn't do anything in the 2nd and 3rd times
Old 07-26-2022, 07:16 PM
BlackRider
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I got the same misfire error today after about 3000+ miles on my 2022 Cayenne E-Hybrid. It was error code PO300, PO304, PO306. I got the chatter on my dashboard about "Engine control fault, driving permitted, visit workshop". I pulled into a starbucks and when I can back out all lights were gone. The only thing I can think happened is that I started it up in E-Mode in the morning and was merging onto a highway going about 70- 80 MPH in E-mode, to stay up with traffic. i could see the RPM move up so that told me I was out of E-Mode and in ICE mode. Shortly aftwards all of the lights starting going off. The good thing is I took a picture of the error just in case it keeps happening and I need to present it to the the dealer or porsche.

Quick Reply: 2019 Base Cayenne engine control fault @ cold start