Sponsored By:

Chalk vs. Gray Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 06:39 PM
donutcritic
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Chalk vs. Gray Cayenne

If you have a dirty, Chalk Cayenne please post pics! Everyone does such a great job detailing their cars before posting glamour shots online that there aren't many (any?) real life pictures of Chalk in snow, dirt, mud, etc.

Context... I'm spec'ing a MY21 Cayenne Coupe and debating between Chalk and Quartzite Grey. As the car will live in Colorado, it will unavoidably be dirty during the winter months.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:04 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 387 Likes on 215 Posts

I own the quartzite. Without a doubt the chalk will look cleaner longer after a wash vs quartzite. Not that the quartzite is bad like black, but it will show dust pretty quick. I am in so cal so no winter weather but from my days living in MN, the flip side is the gray will hide the dark soot stuff a bit better. Silver, white, and chalk would stay looking cleanest the longest in reg weather IMO.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:08 PM
nut855
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I don’t have pics but...

I have Quartzite. My friend has Chalk. We both live in PA and get the 3-4 months of yearly salt/dirt season in the winter.

Quartzite hides the dirt best by far. Chalk hides the salt better but any dirt is highly visible.

You’ll have an easier overall time hiding gunk with the Quartzite. I could ask him for a photo if it snows and his car gets dirty, but that won’t happen for months.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:54 PM
IslandPorsche
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't live in a place that snows, but I do own a white SUV and a Chalk Cayenne. Both hide dirt equally well. If I get a chance, I'll post a picture of the Cayenne dirty.

By the way, we love the chalk color.

Quick Reply: Chalk vs. Gray Cayenne