Cayenne 2019 central console protector

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 02:15 PM
cayenaespanola
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cayenne 2019 central console protector

Hi Everyone!
I just got my Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid two days ago after waiting for my car to arrive since last Feb (damn Covid...) and couldn't be happier. Never had such a well-finished car, and I'm currently loving every second spent with it.

I bought a tempered glass screen protector for the big PCM touchscreen and am currently waiting for it to arrive. However, the one thing that sure annoys me about this car is that the central console controls (A/C, suspension, PCM shortcuts...) are a fingerprint magnet, and being a bit of a OCD myself, I am 24/7 cleaning the black glossy console. I'm sure if I go on like this, I will eventually get the console scratched, so I have been looking for some adhesive plastic film I could use to protect the console from scratches, but have found no solution.

Do any of you have faced the same 'problem' and found any solution?
Thanks,
cayenaespañola
The following users liked this post:
Miggytosh (08-23-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 10:57 PM
sidehill
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

My solution is a microfiber towel sitting on the passenger seat. An as needed wipedown really isn’t a big deal for me.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:14 AM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 118 Posts

Where did you find the glass PCM protector? I would love to get one but cannot seem to find any for the 9Y0 Cayenne.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:58 PM
Pushinit
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSchnee
Where did you find the glass PCM protector? I would love to get one but cannot seem to find any for the 9Y0 Cayenne.
This is the one I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DQXGHZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DQXGHZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The following users liked this post:
TXSchnee (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 01:11 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Originally Posted by Pushinit
Perfect, thank you!
Old 08-24-2020, 02:13 PM
Leon111
Cruisin'

Let us know how the glass protector works. Is it messy to install?
Old 08-24-2020, 02:16 PM
Pushinit
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Leon111
Let us know how the glass protector works. Is it messy to install?
I've been using it for about a year. Works great and was very easy to install. No brainer!
Old 08-25-2020, 11:37 AM
Ray831
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

I've been using touch screens for a long time in all sorts of devices, never had even a hint of scratches. Granted I keep my nails trimmed and my wife does also.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:09 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

I have never put a protector on my iDrive screens, but mostly because I use the dial to control it and it is higher up on the dash. I mainly want one due to placement of the PCM, just seems as though it is in a more precarious location.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:08 PM
cayenaespanola
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TXSchnee
Hi! I'm sorry. I have been out of the country and didn't have much time to check the post.

This is the one I bought. I bought it from Amazon Spain so don't know if you'll see it available in your country!
Old 08-25-2020, 05:11 PM
cayenaespanola
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Ray831
I've been using touch screens for a long time in all sorts of devices, never had even a hint of scratches. Granted I keep my nails trimmed and my wife does also.
My main concern is not on the PCM touchscreen itself, but on the central console soft "buttons" (The A/C, suspension controls... near the gear selector) as I believe the black glossy surface is plastic and not glass. As @sidehill said, I'm just keeping nearby a microfiber towel and regularly wipe the smears out, but I am afraid on the long run it will get scratched...
Old 08-27-2020, 11:12 AM
cayenaespanola
4th Gear

Ok guys, so I received today my screen protector and I have already installed. Here are my 2 cents:
- Applying it is as easy as putting on a screen protector on your smartphone, or maybe even easier, as the PCM touchscreen has a kind of protuding lower border where you can rest and align the glass protector
- Once applied, I managed to get only three coin-sized air bubbles, which at first bugged me quite a bit, but then I realised they are definitely only noticeable when the screen is off. As soon as it is turned on, even at lowest bright settings, you can't even tell where those bubbles are
- Overall brightness hasn't been reduced, or at least I haven't notices
- Touch screen responsiveness seems like the original
- Perhaps the fingertips don't glide as smoothly as they did w/o the protector, but it's a small price to pay

Quick Reply: Cayenne 2019 central console protector