Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

PDCC - do you have it on your Cayenne and what is your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 08:05 AM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I disagree with the notion that a better handling SUV will cause an accident. You might try to make the same argument that a 4 cylinder is safer than a V8.
I’ve had a Mercedes and now a Porsche with that active sway bar suspension and it’s “state of the art”. Anyone can overdrive a car of any kind. If you are intentionally going too fast on corners there is always a risk including road surface, tire failure, etc. The vehicle is actually safer with PDCC, Torque Vectoring and Rear Wheel Steering. The driver, tires and road conditions are the variable here!
You get some form of vehicle leveling with most performance vehicles. With spring suspension it’s hydraulic and with air it’s air leveling. PDCC does more than keep the car flat and it’s instant vs a slight delay. Why not have the best and then use it appropriately?
Old 08-30-2023, 08:51 AM
drspeed991
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anti roll is a matter of preference

I agree that PDCC can give a false sense of confidence. Also I’m fairly confident that the window of handing at the limit is smaller with such a system since it relies mostly on mechanical grip of the tires.

Its also my opinion that it is a bit more sterile feeling - as if its taking away some of tthe character of the car, which with most specs of cayennes, is worth preserving.

One often overlooked benefit of PDCC is that it essentially decouples any “anti roll bar” while driving straight which in theory reduces some side to side movement going down the road.

I have it on my SQ8 audi (its much bigger inside than a cayenne otherwise I’d stick w/the Pcar). I’d get it again b/c the audi is heavy and the handling without it isn’t that special. But not sure I’d get it on a Cayenne.

DRP
Old 08-31-2023, 07:28 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

I don’t have PDCC on my GTS. At the time of my order, I had 15 yrs experience driving a Cayenne with air suspension and I found the adjustable height and adjustable damping to be excellent. Yes PDCC goes a step further but I don’t drive my GTS on public roads in a way that it would make a difference. Having said that, I expect that when it is time to sell, there will be prospective buyers who will be disappointed that it wasn’t specced.

Last edited by dasams; 08-31-2023 at 07:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-31-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 10:54 AM
Silververtu
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 175 Posts

PDCC is not just about performance (to keep the car flat when turning hard) but also create comfort and stability when going through uneven surface. I’ve followed behind my own Cayenne with PDCC on uneven surface and saw the car stayed flat while going through it while other cars in front of it were juggling up and down. PDCC with PASM can isolate imperfect road surfaces (I would not call it numb because steering feedback is there) which makes the ride more comfortable.

Unlike PASM that you can feel they are doing its work and feel the difference right away, PDCC is harder to feel, especially combined with air suspension. You really have to drive one with and without to tell the difference.

I have put fire suit on for this - reaching 0.8g or maxing out PDCC on highway ramp is quite common and not dangerous on public roads within speed limit. The majority of highway ramps in where I live have pretty steep camber so the PDCC reaches the max even if I am just following the traffic. Also driving in tight/steep garage ramps is another possible scenario. Go to the G force meter and look at the max G the car has reached and you will be surprised.

Last edited by Silververtu; 09-01-2023 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:02 AM
TurboJake
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

I have it on my 2024 Cayenne S along with RAS and I’m very happy I optioned it. It’s pretty crazy how planted the car feels in any situation. Even faster turns through an intersection you can tell it’s stopping any body roll. After taking delivery, I really do believe that options like Air Suspension, PDCC, and RAS, are 100% worth it. I’d have really regretted spending so much money on a car and not adding those things that make it feel special to drive.
Old 09-02-2023, 03:02 AM
David0413
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

I love it, makes my Cayenne GTS as flat as my Macan GTS in the corners. Not sure I would shell out $4k though if I was doing a factory order though unless I have extra room in the budget after getting all the "must haves"
Old 09-02-2023, 10:40 AM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 239 Posts

I have PDCC on a 2023 GTS. The road surfaces in my area are horrible. Not so much potholes as sharp discontinuities in the surfaces that really jostle the car. Reducing the effectiveness of the sway bars helps the ride. Flat cornering is nice but not a priority in an SUV in my case.

Quick Reply: PDCC - do you have it on your Cayenne and what is your opinion?