Sponsored By:

A big thank you to Hanns Gonzalez

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 08:26 PM
twilightround
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A big thank you to Hanns Gonzalez

I posted a thread here a few weeks ago about buying a 2019 Cayenne S that was leased by Porsche Financial and that I found on the Swap-a-lease cite I found the process troubling. Porsche Financial wanted me to pay the current "payoff" - which seems reasonable. But they told me that after I had paid them about $83,000, they would then ask the lessee to sign some papers making the sale possible. I didn't know the lessee and didn't know what would happen if the papers did not get signed. If the lessee were to buy it from Porsche Financial, he would have to pay sales tax and so would I when I bought it from him. So I was asking for advice. The matter was complicated by the fact that the car was several hundred miles from me, and, given health concerns, I was not about to get on an airplane to go and see it.

B59 suggested getting a Porsche dealer to buy the car from Porsche Financial and then sell it to me. The dealer, of course, would not pay sales tax. My local dealer courteously explained to me that he would not do this, because it would be too much trouble and potential liability. The lessee said he had a friend at Porsche of Palm Springs - Hanns Gonzalez - who might help. Hanns did help, and went to considerable trouble to do so. I had the car shipped to him at Porsche of Palm Springs. He dealt with Porsche Financial (not easy) and bought the car. He had it inspected and a CPO warranty attached. I then had the car shipped to me in Northern California. Incidentally, shipping to and from Palm Springs was handled by Philam Transport, at a reasonable price and perfect service.

Two people on this forum wondered why I did not just buy a new car from Porsche. Here's the reason. This car had about $50,000 worth of options, all of which I wanted. The lessee had prepaid that amount when he leased the car. So, after one year and 10,000 miles, the car could be bought for more than $50,000 off.

It turned out that the seller was completely honest about the car that I bought sight-unseen. And thanks to Hanns, it was delivered looking like a brand new car and is warrantied until 2025.

So I thought I should post something on this forum about the dealer. My impression is that there are more negative than positive posts about dealers, so it is nice to be able to post a positive one. Hanns Gonzalez and Porsche of Palm Springs were great.

I've only had the car for about a week. So far I can report that everything works as it should - no brake noise, no dropped CarPlay, corners nice and flat, and the steering is much better than on any other SUV I've driven. This is the sixth Porsche I've owned (912, three 911s and a 928) and I'm very happy with it.
The following 3 users liked this post by twilightround:
03clyde (06-28-2020), BradATL (06-30-2020), Miggytosh (06-28-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 11:20 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Nice to hear! Congrats!

Quick Reply: A big thank you to Hanns Gonzalez