Porsche Connect Not working 2019 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 05:28 PM
siliconvalleymom
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Porsche Connect Not working 2019 Cayenne

Hi all,

First post here. We bought our 2019 Porsche Cayenne and from the beginning the Porsche connect wouldn't work. After calling porsche connect and taking it into the dealership and spending hours of my time trouble shooting with Porsche connect - Porsche Connect insisted my new Cayenne needed a brand new PCM.

The dealership refused. Instead they said suddenly (after insisting nothing was wrong), that they would replace the Central Control Unit.
I took it in and got central control unit replaced.

1. the SIM card that came with my Porsche Cayenne (I know I had one because Porsche Connect made me pull it out and put it back in during one of the many hours I spent with them), is now MISSING.
Is the SIM card piece attached to the Central control unit? Was this an oversight at the Porsche dealership when they replaced the Central control unit??

2. the car now idles really roughly and it's noisy and rough when I am at a stand still or in park position. I don't know what they did but something changed.

Help...
Old 02-10-2020, 02:59 PM
siliconvalleymom
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today Porsche Dealership emailed me back saying the 2019 Porsche Cayenne does not come with a removable SIM card in the sim card slot.
Too bad for them, I had to spend hours with Porsche connect via phone and one of the very things they made me do over the phone was check to see there was a removable SIM card and to remove it and put it back in.

I'm not sure why the Dealership is lying to me. Perhaps because I am a woman?
Has anyone had this issue before?
Old 03-21-2020, 02:48 PM
Pjcoyle1
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by siliconvalleymom
Today Porsche Dealership emailed me back saying the 2019 Porsche Cayenne does not come with a removable SIM card in the sim card slot.
Too bad for them, I had to spend hours with Porsche connect via phone and one of the very things they made me do over the phone was check to see there was a removable SIM card and to remove it and put it back in.

I'm not sure why the Dealership is lying to me. Perhaps because I am a woman?
Has anyone had this issue before?
I am a man and have had issues with Connect not connecting for 2+ months. 2019 Cayenne has built in SIM card and a slot for additional card. Porsche Tech asked me to remove the card just in case I or dealership added my old removable card. I have had 3 loaners for 5+ days each(‘19 Cayenne S, 2 different ‘20 Panamera 4’s) as they keep tying to fix the problem. Porsche has updated the App software several times in Feb and March 2020. All working great for about a week. Now states Remote access has been deactivated....WTF. Also my Porsche ID is deactivated until i drive for 5-10 minutes.

Don’t think they are lying, just do not know what to tell you as Porsche really has this Connect process screwed up!

I took more pics of app and settings and sent to service staff and sales rep, opened another case with Porsche Tech