Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

SUV's continue their incredible growth...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 09:53 AM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 141 Posts
Default SUV's continue their incredible growth...

Yahoo News

Porsche has shrugged off any effects of the shrinking global market last year, posting a 10% increase in deliveries in 2019 from the year before.

The Stuttgart-based German sports-car company said Monday that it had delivered a record 280,000 vehicles last year. Porsche, the most profitable brand in the Volkswagen stable, continued to benefit from the world’s obsession with sports utility vehicles.

Sales of Porsche’s Cayenne SUV surged by 29% in 2019 from the previous year, to over 92,000 units, while deliveries of the smaller Macan SUV grew by 16% to 99,944 deliveries. It recorded a 15% rise in sales in its homeland Germany, and an 8% rise in sales in both the US and China.

“We are optimistic that we can maintain the high levels of demand in 2020,” Porsche sales and marketing board member Detlev von Platen said in a statement. The company’s first fully-electric sedan, the Taycan, comes out this Spring; von Platen said the order books are full.

Porsche’s parent Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) on Monday reported a 0.5% growth in global vehicle sales in 2019 compared to the previous year, up to 6,278,300 vehicles. It said it delivered more than 80,000 electric cars last year (more than half of those fully-electric and the rest plug-in hybrids), which represented a sales increase of 60% from 2018.

VW’s new e-car plant began producing its mass-market ID.3 at the end of last year.

Volkswagen is going all-out to be the world’s leading volume electric-car company. It said in December last year that it will have produced one million electric cars by the end of 2023 and is targeting 1.5 million by 2025.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/porsc...092250688.html

Last edited by SilverSteel; 01-14-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:31 AM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

I think some of that could be attributed to the new design and the new Cayenne Coupe. I'm sure we will see an all electric version at some point.

I really want a 911 but the Cayenne is a fun SUV that for someone like myself with one car, really does the job well for everything.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:38 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVfoto
I really want a 911 but the Cayenne is a fun SUV that for someone like myself with one car, really does the job well for everything.
Easy fix. Buy both and be done with it. This will result in a DOUBLING of individual sales this year to the admittedly small DAVfoto clientele grouping. But still, it'll be worth a press release to some guy in a plaid suit.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:28 PM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Easy fix. Buy both and be done with it. This will result in a DOUBLING of individual sales this year to the admittedly small DAVfoto clientele grouping. But still, it'll be worth a press release to some guy in a plaid suit.
lol, if only I could afford to!

Quick Reply: SUV's continue their incredible growth...