Cayenne Cargo Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 01:24 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cayenne Cargo Question

Happy New Year Everyone

Don't want to bother with silly questions but.......................SUVs are family cars and have to be utilitarian otherwise they are useless. I am sure the new Cayenne drives better and feels better than anything in the market but does it do the job. So here goes:

I currently have a 08 Cayenne and the trunk is just not enough. The car was rated at 19 cubic ft. The new Cayenne is 27 cubic ft a 30% increase any one make a similar jump and is it a noticeable increase?

Other cars I am looking the X5 has 34 cubic ft and the X7 is huge.

Any feedback from real life experiences would be great.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:36 PM
AAK GTS
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I am coming from a 2010 Acura MDX have lost a lot of trunk space and 3rd row seats. I knew this when purchasing however, my son plays the cello and it is impossible to fit it in the Cayenne without folding the rear seat. In the MDX if I place the instrument sideways it can fit without the rear seats folded. Going to have to live with the situation for a couple years...
Old 01-06-2020, 02:20 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
Happy New Year Everyone

Don't want to bother with silly questions but.......................SUVs are family cars and have to be utilitarian otherwise they are useless. I am sure the new Cayenne drives better and feels better than anything in the market but does it do the job. So here goes:

I currently have a 08 Cayenne and the trunk is just not enough. The car was rated at 19 cubic ft. The new Cayenne is 27 cubic ft a 30% increase any one make a similar jump and is it a noticeable increase?

Other cars I am looking the X5 has 34 cubic ft and the X7 is huge.

Any feedback from real life experiences would be great.
I was used to a larger SUV trunk too, but in 2019 Cayenne S and others, you can move the rear seats forward using a lever below the seat. If you adjust this so that there is still space for your kids legs, then it enhances the cargo area to a larger volume. It works for me. You can straighten up the rear sears to provide some more vertical space and you can move forward the front seats, if you have plenty space for you on the front area.

Luckily, it is working for all my needs.. You could check the extended cargo area in a 2019 Cayenne demo vehicles to see if it works for you..

Old 01-06-2020, 04:28 PM
SpyderD
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a 2011 Cayenne prior to the 2019 I have now. If there is a 30% increase in cargo space, it's difficult to see. It looks very similar to me. Eight extra cubic feet should be obvious (2'x2'x2'). If you're looking for something appreciably bigger, there are several options. Similar to the BMW X7, the Audi Q7 has huge storage.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:49 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am going to show up at my local P-car dealer with a bunch of empty suitcases like some character out of Seinfeld and be like look "If this all fits I'll take it!"
The following users liked this post:
03clyde (01-06-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 04:58 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
I am going to show up at my local P-car dealer with a bunch of empty suitcases like some character out of Seinfeld and be like look "If this all fits I'll take it!"
Great way to find out if it fits your needs..!!

Ask them about the luggage compactor option for 2019/2010 Cayenne's..!! Just kidding..!! good luck..
Old 01-06-2020, 07:15 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 609 Posts

I cannot compare to 2008 model but comparing to the following generation (958, from 2011 and later) it's somewhat bigger. It's hard to notice by looking but fitting things in is definitely easier. For example, in 958 I could fit my older kid's bike in the trunk only by moving passenger seats all the way forward and could not fit two kids bikes without folding the seats. With the new one, I can fit the larger kid bike with seats all the way back and fit two kid bikes with seats in the middle position, without folding seats. So it's bigger, but not hugely so. There is more space in front of the rear seats as well, so moving them forward to increase trunk space is not as constricting. So that buys even more trunk space. But yeah, it's definitely not a Suburban.
Old 01-08-2020, 12:26 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 212 Posts

I bought my 2019 Cayenne after carefully studying the capacity of almost every SUV on the market. I was coming out of a Lexus 350 that was able to pack 4 adults going on summer vacation for a week upstate - 2 guys with carry-on luggage and 2 sets of clubs, and 2 women with their luggage (more than carry-on!). I needed a car that would work to replace that, but drove better than the Lexus, and the Cayenne fills the bill.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Cargo Question