Lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 05:04 AM
midwesterner
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lowering springs

Hello,
I've noticed limited options for lowering the newer body Cayenne. H&R makes some springs but I was hoping other manufacturers would be developing aftermarket solutions. Anyone lowered their Cayenne and any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Old 11-24-2019, 10:12 AM
XqiZitE3
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up my ‘19 base yesterday and ordered the H&R springs as well. Primary goal is to simply reduce the wheel gap, and the drop should be close to the air system on low.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:39 AM
meyecul
Pro

Received 381 Likes on 212 Posts

Very interested in hearing any feedback / pics from anyone that has had these installed on a 19 base. I am considering the same, also for the wheel gap and perhaps a touch of improved handling.
The following users liked this post:
shadetree_prjct (09-12-2023)
Old 11-25-2019, 08:45 AM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by meyecul
Very interested in hearing any feedback / pics from anyone that has had these installed on a 19 base. I am considering the same, also for the wheel gap and perhaps a touch of improved handling.
This!
Old 11-28-2019, 09:15 PM
turbojose
2nd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

this is my first post on this site so forgive me if I seen like a noob but spending some time reading this thanks giving holiday, and I wanted to comment on this. I have had my '19 cayenne base for about a year, and soon after i got it i had the H&R lowered springs installed. I have to say the look is amazing. I love it without the gap. I did have a few issues i will share here though. The first is that I felt like the rear was just a little bit lower than level.... and for me, with three kids in sports, i always have extra gear in the back, and with weight, the rear looks like it's about a 1/2" lower than the front. but I quickly got over the minor rear difference. my next problem however was a bit of a nuisance... the cars ride was awful and felt like it was bottoming out on any little bump in the road.... after taking it back to the shop, they soon realized that the rear struts have internal bump stops that needed to be trimmed in order to allow for more travel on the dampers. and next day I was back on the road with a more sporty feel, and that lowered look that I wanted. then the next issue came up..... It didn't happen often, but soon after being lowered, i would get an occational error from PAS... and active cruise control wouldn't work... and other times I would get an error from windshield camera, and auto highbeams wouldn't work... all of this was intermitent, and soon became more and more troublesome.... about a month into the lowering, and daily driving, the warnings soon came on and stayed on. A trip to the dealer revealed that the altered ride height was causing a problem for both system. The solution at the dealer was to re calibrate both systems. and now I have been driving a lowered vehicle for about 9 more months, and no issues. total cost to get the systems re calibrated was about $750. If you ask would I do it again.... the answer would be yes. I absolutely love the way the car looks lowered. and the ride is a bit more sporty. that's my input.

If anyone can tell me how to post pics, I will post some pics of my car lowered.

j

Last edited by turbojose; 11-29-2019 at 12:32 AM. Reason: asking a question about pics
The following 3 users liked this post by turbojose:
icemang (12-16-2020), igrip (12-25-2023), shadetree_prjct (09-12-2023)
Old 11-29-2019, 09:24 AM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by turbojose
this is my first post on this site so forgive me if I seen like a noob but spending some time reading this thanks giving holiday, and I wanted to comment on this. I have had my '19 cayenne base for about a year, and soon after i got it i had the H&R lowered springs installed. I have to say the look is amazing. I love it without the gap. I did have a few issues i will share here though. The first is that I felt like the rear was just a little bit lower than level.... and for me, with three kids in sports, i always have extra gear in the back, and with weight, the rear looks like it's about a 1/2" lower than the front. but I quickly got over the minor rear difference. my next problem however was a bit of a nuisance... the cars ride was awful and felt like it was bottoming out on any little bump in the road.... after taking it back to the shop, they soon realized that the rear struts have internal bump stops that needed to be trimmed in order to allow for more travel on the dampers. and next day I was back on the road with a more sporty feel, and that lowered look that I wanted. then the next issue came up..... It didn't happen often, but soon after being lowered, i would get an occational error from PAS... and active cruise control wouldn't work... and other times I would get an error from windshield camera, and auto highbeams wouldn't work... all of this was intermitent, and soon became more and more troublesome.... about a month into the lowering, and daily driving, the warnings soon came on and stayed on. A trip to the dealer revealed that the altered ride height was causing a problem for both system. The solution at the dealer was to re calibrate both systems. and now I have been driving a lowered vehicle for about 9 more months, and no issues. total cost to get the systems re calibrated was about $750. If you ask would I do it again.... the answer would be yes. I absolutely love the way the car looks lowered. and the ride is a bit more sporty. that's my input.

If anyone can tell me how to post pics, I will post some pics of my car lowered.

j
Thank for the review! Email me the photos and I’ll post them if you like. anthony@pagano.com
Old 11-30-2019, 11:31 PM
turbojose
2nd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

pics sent.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:28 AM
SlickOne
Rennlist Member

looks amazing!
The following 2 users liked this post by SlickOne:
igrip (12-25-2023), shadetree_prjct (09-12-2023)
Old 12-01-2019, 11:09 PM
XqiZitE3
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickOne

looks amazing!
+1 excited to get them installed on mine. Thanks for the detailed review turbojose.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:10 AM
midwesterner
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks phenomenal
Old 12-16-2020, 01:05 AM
narbie99
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Bringing this back from the dead. Anyone else have these installed?
The following users liked this post:
preetham (12-22-2020)
Old 01-24-2021, 12:17 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 125 Posts

Bump. Any options other than h&r?
Old 01-24-2021, 02:53 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 210 Likes on 182 Posts

We only have the H&R springs as well. We have it in stock for anyone interested.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 03-23-2021, 10:49 PM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by narbie99
Bringing this back from the dead. Anyone else have these installed?
Originally Posted by rjongco
Bump. Any options other than h&r?
Bueller?
Old 03-23-2021, 11:22 PM
narbie99
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think these and downpipes aren't very common.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs