Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thoughts on these forged carbon paddle shifters?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 03:45 AM
Georgge
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on these forged carbon paddle shifters?

My friend bought these Fi exhaust forged carbon paddle shifters for USD450. I think they match nicely with the black steering wheel. They’re also plug and play and go over existing paddles. What do you think of the forged carbon material and it’s application to the paddles? What about the overall aesthetic? And what have been your experience with paddle mods?

Old 11-12-2019, 09:09 AM
Mr_Marty
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 59 Posts

What's wrong with the stock paddles? $450 seems like a complete waste of money for something that is basically just an aesthetic element especially consider forged carbon fiber is ugly.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:31 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I agree. Oversized paddle shifter covers don't look good in a Cayenne and the forged CF isn't going to match any other CF trim.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:27 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 630 Posts

Looks like a solution looking for a problem. I'd like something like that for my 991.1 but I never bother manual shifting the Cayenne.

If I had a Cayenne Turbo then maybe something gimmicky like that would be okay... but even that trim is just a ZF8. Just not that kind of vehicle.

That being said - if you like them and they are reasonable quality then go with the emotional choice.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:46 AM
normp
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

So, let’s see, here’s a product that doesn’t do anything, is an add on, is expensive, and doesn’t look particularly good- what’s not to love?
Old 11-12-2019, 04:32 PM
SpyderD
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle
Looks like a solution looking for a problem. I'd like something like that for my 991.1 but I never bother manual shifting the Cayenne.

If I had a Cayenne Turbo then maybe something gimmicky like that would be okay... but even that trim is just a ZF8. Just not that kind of vehicle.

That being said - if you like them and they are reasonable quality then go with the emotional choice.
+1. I never use the paddles unless it's to force an upshift (while still in automatic mode) when in Sport mode for fuel economy. The Cayenne in Sport or Sport + mode shifts better and quicker than I can. Paddle shifters unless on a PDK (or similar) transmission is a waste of time on any car. Maybe for the track, but other than the Turbo, a Cayenne on the track is ????
Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 94 Posts

I've had my new Cayenne Turbo one day and I already know I'll likely never resort to paddle shifting it. Meanwhile I shifted the crap out of the Macan loaner I had a few weeks back. Don't bother with these paddles.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:33 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

I actually use the paddle shifters quite a bit on our Turbo. But IMO those extenders are unnecessary. The aluminum jobs look and feel expensive, and do the job just fine.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on these forged carbon paddle shifters?