Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How to get PCM LTE IMEI serial number, for SIM card, for 2019 Cayenne S..

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 06:56 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts
Default How to get PCM LTE IMEI serial number, for SIM card, for 2019 Cayenne S..

So after tinkering with my PCM screens, I found the screen area where the PCM shows the LTE IMEI serial number, but the field was empty, at first

Though, If I go to "Settings -> Phone Settings -> Phone"

and press on "Turn off phone features"

and then go back to:

"Settings -> Phone Settings -> Phone -> Serial number"

then the IMEI ID will be displayed..

For getting a Verizon SIM card, at the Verizon store,, I was asked to provide the IMEI of my vehicle .

My phone was disconnected, so this must be the PCM LTE IMEI number..

I will go to Verizon, this weekend, and get a SIM card, since I have a phone account with Verizon..

From what I have researched, Verizon SIM cards seem to work..

I found the LTE SIM card slot in the glove compartment upper area, which now I can see why the glove compartmentis so small..

There is an SD card slot, but I have not found how that is used..
Old 09-25-2019, 11:03 PM
halfduplex
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been trying to get my new e-Hybrid to work with an external SIM from Verizon, because the internal SIM (AT&T) has almost no coverage in my rural area. My Verizon SIM works fine when I first plug it in. But when I turn the car off and restart it, the PCM continuously alternates between displaying "SIM card has been removed" and “SIM card inserted”. I called Porsche Connect for help and the guy wasn't at all helpful. He insisted that the external SIM must be from AT&T. I know that's not so, because I've read of others successfully using SIMs from Verizon and other providers ... and my Verizon SIM card works great initially, each time I plug it in.

(Btw, I activated the SIM in a router before moving it to the Cayenne, because Verizon's database of supported devices does not list Cayenne electronic device serial numbers (IMEI). This is a common practice that Verizon tech support acknowledges works.)

Has anyone else here experienced this problem? Does anyone have ideas on how I might resolve it?
Old 09-25-2019, 11:49 PM
A80
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by halfduplex
I've been trying to get my new e-Hybrid to work with an external SIM from Verizon, because the internal SIM (AT&T) has almost no coverage in my rural area. My Verizon SIM works fine when I first plug it in. But when I turn the car off and restart it, the PCM continuously alternates between displaying "SIM card has been removed" and “SIM card inserted”. I called Porsche Connect for help and the guy wasn't at all helpful. He insisted that the external SIM must be from AT&T. I know that's not so, because I've read of others successfully using SIMs from Verizon and other providers ... and my Verizon SIM card works great initially, each time I plug it in.

(Btw, I activated the SIM in a router before moving it to the Cayenne, because Verizon's database of supported devices does not list Cayenne electronic device serial numbers (IMEI). This is a common practice that Verizon tech support acknowledges works.)

Has anyone else here experienced this problem? Does anyone have ideas on how I might resolve it?
Sounds like card module got problem, or loose connection?

Quick Reply: How to get PCM LTE IMEI serial number, for SIM card, for 2019 Cayenne S..