Sponsored By:

Rear Claiper Recall for 2019 Base

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 04:46 PM
CayenneTX
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Rear Claiper Recall for 2019 Base

Hi everyone just a heads up, I just had my WKC6 AC recall done for my 2019 base Cayenne, my service advisor also find out there's another recall: WJ85. It is a retrofitting connecting plate on rear caliper.
Some of you with the base might qualify but before I took it in I checked on the recall site there's only WKC6 shows up. Check with your service advisor for qualification.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:37 AM
that1timewegamed
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CayenneTX
Hi everyone just a heads up, I just had my WKC6 AC recall done for my 2019 base Cayenne, my service advisor also find out there's another recall: WJ85. It is a retrofitting connecting plate on rear caliper.
Some of you with the base might qualify but before I took it in I checked on the recall site there's only WKC6 shows up. Check with your service advisor for qualification.
Would this be the possible cause of brake squeal?
Old 08-27-2019, 04:49 PM
CayenneTX
AutoX

I can still hear it.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:05 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts

I can still hear it.
About that brake squeal - what type of calipers are on your car, black (standard iron), white (new PSCB brakes), or yellow (ceramic brakes)? I ask, because my car has black caliper (standard iron) brakes, and it is in the shop now for brake noises but not squealing noises. Mine crunch and creak (there’s a separate thread about this).
Old 08-28-2019, 05:50 PM
CayenneTX
AutoX

Originally Posted by LSR
About that brake squeal - what type of calipers are on your car, black (standard iron), white (new PSCB brakes), or yellow (ceramic brakes)? I ask, because my car has black caliper (standard iron) brakes, and it is in the shop now for brake noises but not squealing noises. Mine crunch and creak (there’s a separate thread about this).
Mines are black, yes, after the recall on it I can still hear the brake squeal.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:14 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 204 Posts

Mines are black, yes, after the recall on it I can still hear the brake squeal.
My understanding is the WJ85 connecting plate recall isn't intended to resolve brake noise issues. Whatever is causing your squeal, I suggest you bring the car to your dealer and press them to resolve it. Good luck with that. I am trying currently to resolve my own brake noise problems (crunching and creaking) that seems to be impacting at least some base Cayennes with several thousand miles on their odometers. The dealer has torn my brakes apart but can't get rid of the noise, even after getting on the phone with tech support for their advice. It can be a long, frustrating process to get these noises resolved.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:49 AM
addysdaddy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump for reference

Quick Reply: Rear Claiper Recall for 2019 Base