Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bumper Protector Recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 05:56 PM
zaxismapping
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper Protector Recommendation?

Hi all,

My wife and I have really been enjoying our Cayenne 2019 base - our first Porsche and will not be our last.

Curious if anyone had recommendations for rear bumper protection that I could flip out for parking garages, street parking, etc.? Any trusted brands out there that will fit the dimensions well? Got some advice from another Cayenne owner to get a Weather Tech mat for the trunk and attach a flip-out Bumper Bully for when I park (I live in NYC so I really need full armor!). I haven't made any measurements yet, but Bumper Bully doesn't look like it'll cover the full rear, which is a concern. I'll do my own research but I'd love to hear the community's thoughts on this topic.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:38 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 630 Likes on 386 Posts

How about use the tow hitch and attach some sort of extension to it? I haven’t looked but it would be cool if someone made a spring loaded bump shock absorber that one could attach there to prevent parking mishaps.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:17 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
How about use the tow hitch and attach some sort of extension to it? I haven’t looked but it would be cool if someone made a spring loaded bump shock absorber that one could attach there to prevent parking mishaps.
Good idea! If you have a tow hitch and could find a hitch-mounted bumper protector, that would seem to be the way to go. The 2019 Cayenne appears more vulnerable to rear-ended parking damage than the previous gen car. This is because the 2019’s rear hatch is integrated into the top edge of the bumper, unlike the previous gen where the hatch was inset from the bumper. As a result, if you hit a 2019’s bumper too high up it looks to me like there may be damage to both bumper and hatch. Big ouch. A tow hitch-mounted bumper protector standing away from the bumber would thus be ideal.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:20 AM
Greyphantom
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Towhitch is a great idea but can anyone confirm if it’s installed at the dealership or the factory?
What difference does this make ? if it’s installed at the dealerships , I usually find that any interior panels or bumpers that was removed to run wires were not always fitted back to the factory specs. Has happened to me in my previous cars. If this comes straight from the factory then it’s great
Old 08-10-2020, 04:46 PM
zaxismapping
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Thanks for responses. Tow hitches are installed in the factory. Similar to roof rack rails. I have a toe hitch, so this is an option for me for bumper protection. I will do my research on toe hitch solutions and report back. I'm most curious how easy it is to take on/off. I'd prefer a flexible solution, as most of the time my car is parked in a garage, not the street.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:20 AM
normp
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

https://www.weathertech.com/products/bumpstep/

Quick Reply: Bumper Protector Recommendation?