Sponsored By:

Porsche Invoice Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 05:54 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 123 Posts
Default Porsche Invoice Pricing?

Hello all, new forum member with a question. I am currently a BMW owner, and looking at ordering a 2019 or 2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid. I have not been able to find Porsche invoice pricing anywhere, unlike with BMW or Mercedes Benz. I am a member of a few BMW forums, and dealer invoice pricing is available for all models on there, wondering why this isn't available information on Porsche forums? I like to go into negotiations having a rough idea of invoice pricing, as that tends to get the best deal, and I am at a loss for an idea of average markup right now. I did try to search Rennlist before posting this, so if I missed this info, please help to point me in the correct direction. Thanks!!!
Old 05-18-2019, 09:19 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Maybe try Edmunds
Old 05-18-2019, 09:24 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 123 Posts

Nothing on Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, NADA, or Costco Auto Program. I've Googled, and nothing comes up. I can find invoice pricing for most other makes, it is just odd.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:26 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 300 Likes on 199 Posts

On USAA, it shows invoice, MSRP, and average price paid. It’s basically truecar.com. You can always beat the “average paid” number through negotiations. I priced out a Cayenne S: MSRP=$101..2k, Invoice=$76.8k, avg price paid=$98.2k, & $97.5k as “great price”. Cayennes and especially Panameras in my neck of the woods are not moving very fast.
I got 4% off on a 911 GTS order, which was difficult to find an allocation and from what I can gage for a Cayenne that’s on the lot, I’d shoot for 10% off sticker and see how things go. My SA told me that he can give me 6-8% off on a Panamera without even negotiating. I’m sure you know the different tricks of buying a car but I’ve always had very good luck on the last day of end of the quarter.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:26 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I got 8% off my Cayenne Hybrid Order. PM me if you're interested.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Propofoln
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
I got 8% off my Cayenne Hybrid Order. PM me if you're interested.
would they do that on a Turbo order?
Old 05-20-2019, 12:27 PM
raydog9379
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
On USAA, it shows invoice, MSRP, and average price paid. It’s basically truecar.com. You can always beat the “average paid” number through negotiations. I priced out a Cayenne S: MSRP=$101..2k, Invoice=$76.8k, avg price paid=$98.2k, & $97.5k as “great price”. Cayennes and especially Panameras in my neck of the woods are not moving very fast.
I got 4% off on a 911 GTS order, which was difficult to find an allocation and from what I can gage for a Cayenne that’s on the lot, I’d shoot for 10% off sticker and see how things go. My SA told me that he can give me 6-8% off on a Panamera without even negotiating. I’m sure you know the different tricks of buying a car but I’ve always had very good luck on the last day of end of the quarter.
Been there, happened to be a Saturday night on the last day of Sept. a few years back (in Chicago you take those last few really nice days and use them). Had been talking w/ the sales guy and test driven a few different models over a few days prior. I gave them my price, and we left (had 2 really young kids with us at the time) and didn't have the patience to sit there all day going back/forth. A few hours go by, get a call from the manager and asked what it would take to get the deal done. I said I gave you guys our number, we're only off by a couple thousand dollars. He said they couldn't do that, and I said it's nice out we're going to the park with the kids. Get a call half hour later while at the park... "Where are you guys at?", and I'm like... I told the other guy we're done and we took the kids to the park. Needless to say, they said they'd do our price if we came in tonight and signed it. At this point, we're at 7:00pm and the dealership is technically closed (and 35-45 min. drive away). Did the deal, plus they had nobody qualified to check my trade at that point so they gave me $3k more than the other offers I had on it from Carmax and one other place.

Fast forward a couple months to my first service, sales guy sees me in the waiting area. He's like, "You know that your car put me over the target and I got a promotion as a result. You have no idea how big that was for me". So yes, deals to be had at the end of the quarter for sure.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:28 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by raydog9379
Been there, happened to be a Saturday night on the last day of Sept. a few years back (in Chicago you take those last few really nice days and use them). Had been talking w/ the sales guy and test driven a few different models over a few days prior. I gave them my price, and we left (had 2 really young kids with us at the time) and didn't have the patience to sit there all day going back/forth. A few hours go by, get a call from the manager and asked what it would take to get the deal done. I said I gave you guys our number, we're only off by a couple thousand dollars. He said they couldn't do that, and I said it's nice out we're going to the park with the kids. Get a call half hour later while at the park... "Where are you guys at?", and I'm like... I told the other guy we're done and we took the kids to the park. Needless to say, they said they'd do our price if we came in tonight and signed it. At this point, we're at 7:00pm and the dealership is technically closed (and 35-45 min. drive away). Did the deal, plus they had nobody qualified to check my trade at that point so they gave me $3k more than the other offers I had on it from Carmax and one other place.

Fast forward a couple months to my first service, sales guy sees me in the waiting area. He's like, "You know that your car put me over the target and I got a promotion as a result. You have no idea how big that was for me". So yes, deals to be had at the end of the quarter for sure.
That’s a great story. When our kids were toddlers, we walked into a MB dealership on what happened to be the last day of the quarter, all by accident, and got a deal $9,000 below invoice. After I signed the paperwork, the GM showed me their invoice. They were 30 minutes from closing and even bought our kids In-N-Out to keep us from leaving. Same story....they lost $$$ on my deal, so they said, but achieved their sales goal—win win for all of us.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:40 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
That’s a great story. When our kids were toddlers, we walked into a MB dealership on what happened to be the last day of the quarter, all by accident, and got a deal... Same story....they lost $$$ on my deal, so they said, but achieved their sales goal—win win for all of us.
Guarantee they didn't lose money on the car. With various marketing allowances, dealer holdbacks, etc. they made money on your transaction, and achieved their sales goals. Show me a dealer that sells a car for less than they actually paid for it in the end, and I'll show you a dealer that'll be out of business in short order.

Invoice price means NOTHING relative to what a dealership pays for a car. But it's a fun thing for them to trot out to make customers feel good about a deal. I bought four Infinitis from the same local dealer over the years. Each time, they pulled out the invoice price and told me what a great deal I was getting -- always below, and usually substantially.

Cute. Show me the check you cut to pay the PO for the car. If you sold me the car for less than that number, I'll be mighty impressed (and think Mr. Dealer is mighty foolish).

Nonetheless, sounds like you did good on your deal.
The following users liked this post:
Nj99 (01-27-2020)
Old 05-20-2019, 06:31 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Guarantee they didn't lose money on the car. With various marketing allowances, dealer holdbacks, etc. they made money on your transaction, and achieved their sales goals. Show me a dealer that sells a car for less than they actually paid for it in the end, and I'll show you a dealer that'll be out of business in short order.

Invoice price means NOTHING relative to what a dealership pays for a car. But it's a fun thing for them to trot out to make customers feel good about a deal. I bought four Infinitis from the same local dealer over the years. Each time, they pulled out the invoice price and told me what a great deal I was getting -- always below, and usually substantially.

Cute. Show me the check you cut to pay the PO for the car. If you sold me the car for less than that number, I'll be mighty impressed (and think Mr. Dealer is mighty foolish).

Yeah, I agree. And like a true car ***** I have bought a boatload of high-end cars. There are holdbacks, rebates, incentives and even "money in the trunk" on certain models, year, or even colors. And you may not even know about it. Dealers are in business, and they make money. They don't lose it, or they'll fire the FI guy faster than you can say "cat-in-a-hat". Catching a dealer, at just the right time on a particular model can mean the difference between a small discount, and a large one, relatively speaking of course.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:09 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Yeah, I agree. And like a true car ***** I have bought a boatload of high-end cars. There are holdbacks, rebates, incentives and even "money in the trunk" on certain models, year, or even colors. And you may not even know about it. Dealers are in business, and they make money. They don't lose it, or they'll fire the FI guy faster than you can say "cat-in-a-hat". Catching a dealer, at just the right time on a particular model can mean the difference between a small discount, and a large one, relatively speaking of course.
Ha ha, you guys are right...stealerships don’t lose money! We all know what they say about politicians, snake oil salesman, car salesman, and lawyers.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:20 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by Propofoln
would they do that on a Turbo order?
They might, maybe 7% though. PM me where you’re located and your build and I’ll ask after I speak to their GM today about my order.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:25 PM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

1000% correct. Usually when they go below the so called "invoice", the cars have a ton of manufacturer trunk money involved to offer sweeter incentives which they give back to us saying "they are losing money on this deal to make us happy..."
Old 05-23-2019, 12:10 AM
ssiminou
Banned

I think dealers get Cayennes and Panameras around 12% under MSRP, plus whatever else is in the trunk lol. If anyone wants a deal near 7% for any trim Cayenne, PM me and I'll put you in touch.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:24 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
I think dealers get Cayennes and Panameras around 12% under MSRP, plus whatever else is in the trunk lol. If anyone wants a deal near 7% for any trim Cayenne, PM me and I'll put you in touch.
Maybe 12% on the price without options. The markup on each option is much more than 12%.

Quick Reply: Porsche Invoice Pricing?