Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Adaptive Air Suspension Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 10:12 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Our 2017 Audi Q7 3.0 had 21's (non-ROF) and the ride was sublime, but the base CY with 21's (also non-ROF) rode considerable firmer, when we tested a base CY with AS it truly smoothed out the ride and still handled better than the Q7, so we went to the AS.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:25 AM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

dasams - nice Airstream. I was looking at a 25' Airstream but I thought it would be too heavy for my base CY with 7700 lbs towing capacity and 332 lbs torque. What is the towing capacity and torque of your vehicle? Would my car be able to handle well a 25' Airstream? Thanks. Sorry to stray off topic.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:30 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
What a beautiful photo. Glad to hear you've had good luck with your air suspension. Has it been reliable as well as functional for you?
Yes to both. Reliable for 13+ yrs knock on wood 😂 and fully reliable. I wouldn’t own a cayenne without it.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:38 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porscherex
dasams - nice Airstream. I was looking at a 25' Airstream but I thought it would be too heavy for my base CY with 7700 lbs towing capacity and 332 lbs torque. What is the towing capacity and torque of your vehicle? Would my car be able to handle well a 25' Airstream? Thanks. Sorry to stray off topic.
If you did it, you’d want more power and torque but the towing capacity is up to it. I can’t tell you how many times we pulled into an RV Park and a fellow RVer said ‘you pull that with that’? The hitch weight is the limit.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:23 AM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by dasams
If you did it, you’d want more power and torque but the towing capacity is up to it. I can’t tell you how many times we pulled into an RV Park and a fellow RVer said ‘you pull that with that’? The hitch weight is the limit.
In other words my base CY would struggle on hills etc. correct? Thanks
Old 05-15-2019, 07:39 AM
Captain Scurry
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I iniitally did not order the air suspension, but then changed my mind before my build locked as the city streets here in the midwest have the appearance of a war zone. I have to say, the air suspension rides very smooth and it keeps its composure over the potholes. I built my S as more of a "comfort" SUV rather than "sport" and so far it has exceeded my expectations. I do a fair amount of towing, and having the air suspension level the vehicle is a nice feature.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:58 AM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Scurry
I iniitally did not order the air suspension, but then changed my mind before my build locked as the city streets here in the midwest have the appearance of a war zone. I have to say, the air suspension rides very smooth and it keeps its composure over the potholes. I built my S as more of a "comfort" SUV rather than "sport" and so far it has exceeded my expectations. I do a fair amount of towing, and having the air suspension level the vehicle is a nice feature.
Glad to hear you find the ride with the AS comfortable even on bad roads but I'm curious as to which size wheel/tires you have.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:22 AM
Captain Scurry
Rennlist Member

I have the 20 inch rims. Hard to say if there is a big difference between these and the 21 inch rims as far as ride quality, but after four flat tires last year and some bent rims on my other cars I can’t take any more chances with the low profile tires on my local roads.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:51 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porscherex
In other words my base CY would struggle on hills etc. correct? Thanks
That depends on how you define struggle. You’ll get over the hills just not always at the speed limit. But that’s ok, just use the truck lanes like the semis and big motor homes.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:43 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by dasams
That depends on how you define struggle. You’ll get over the hills just not always at the speed limit. But that’s ok, just use the truck lanes like the semis and big motor homes.
Thanks.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:22 AM
Schatz
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m still on the fence about the air suspension. I put an order for a 2020 S in tonight without it still have time to change it. I’m pretty sure that we will always keep it in its softest mode. Does anyone have feedback on the ride between Pasm and air in its softest setting?
Old 06-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Captain Scurry
Rennlist Member

I was on the fence also concerning the air suspension for my S. I did eventually order it due to the bad road quality in my area. After almost 4 months of driving, I am glad I have it. I recently drove a loaner Cayenne without the air suspension for a week. As far as ride quality and comfort, the air suspension wins hands-down. If you have a super smooth roads and maybe want a more direct feel from your suspension, then the base suspension would be fine. If you plan to tow anything significant, then I also strongly recommend the air suspension.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:44 PM
Hxbp
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Scurry
What size rims do you have? Looking to get 21s but worried about not only ride quality but also bending them over the NJ/NY pathetic excuses for roads. Wondering if AS will help keep lower profile tires like 21s from damage when hitting potholes ( craters) thanks!
Old 06-27-2019, 07:57 PM
Captain Scurry
Rennlist Member

I went with 20 inch rims. Not sure about the ride quality difference between 21 inch and 20 inch. After blowing tires every year due to potholes on one of my other cars with low profile tires, I’m done with those types of tires. I don’t think air suspension would have any affect on saving a tire from damage.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 AM
john rock
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Turned in my 2018 Panamera Turbo, they gave me a base Cayenne while I wait for a 2020 S with air suspension. I can’t believe all the reviews on the no air don’t mention the constant bounce of the rear end on my loaner new 2019 base, it feels like a car with bad shocks. I hope the S with air will settle this thing down. Anyone else noticed the loose feeling rear of a non air suspension Cayenne.

Quick Reply: Adaptive Air Suspension Reviews