Sponsored By:

A reason to get PDLS + in the US

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 08:58 PM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default A reason to get PDLS + in the US

Nick Murray's youtube video was extremely helpful to me in placing an order for an e-hybrid. But I kept going back and forth between
Premium Package $6600
and
Premium Package Plus $9100

We wanted vented seats (front) and rear air conditioning controls... but a big option in the Plus is Porsche Dynamic Lighting Package Plus which Nick said doesn't do much in the US due to regulations right now- and even his European friend only reported PDLS+ as "pretty good". Certainly not a rave. BUT... if you don't like the silver in the light bay- that band of silver particularly for a dark car or a white with black accents car- PDLS+ eliminates the silver band. Sorry if this post is obvious to most of you... it dawned on me today at the dealership

Old 04-27-2019, 11:26 PM
BCA01
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 49 Posts

I thought I was indifferent between those two choices but I ended up with the PDLS+ (bought off the lot due to timing and mine has PP+), and I love their appearance. I don’t drive much at night so I’m not hugely concerned with the limited performance in the US, although I’ll certainly spring for a software upgrade to allow their full functionality if it ever becomes readily available. But for aggressive appearance alone, I think they are worth it, and JCWLS3 has made a similar comment if I recall correctly.

Ill try to take and post some pics sometime soon but I say go for the PDLS+ if you are on the fence.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:06 PM
FiveTwoFifty
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well done with the breakdown! I was trying to choose between premium and premium plus as well... and am glad to be tipped over into the plus column for sure now.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:32 PM
QQQ
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsclarke
Nick Murray's youtube video was extremely helpful to me in placing an order for an e-hybrid. But I kept going back and forth between
Premium Package $6600
and
Premium Package Plus $9100

We wanted vented seats (front) and rear air conditioning controls... but a big option in the Plus is Porsche Dynamic Lighting Package Plus which Nick said doesn't do much in the US due to regulations right now- and even his European friend only reported PDLS+ as "pretty good". Certainly not a rave. BUT... if you don't like the silver in the light bay- that band of silver particularly for a dark car or a white with black accents car- PDLS+ eliminates the silver band. Sorry if this post is obvious to most of you... it dawned on me today at the dealership

Damn! Too late for me but this is the kind of attention to detail that I can appreciate. Thanks for highlighting this and bringing it to our attention. Now that you have mentioned it I am sure it will bug me but I will live.

Quick Reply: A reason to get PDLS + in the US