Los Angeles dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 06:24 PM
FiveTwoFifty
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Los Angeles dealer?

Hi all!

Happy Saturday. I was wondering if anyone knew a good salesperson at one of the Los Angeles based dealers. I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on a base cayenne! But I’ve had a bad run in at one recently and felt so rushed and dismissed. Would love to hear about anyone who had a good experience in particular!

Hope this is appropriate for here. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2019, 08:33 PM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I canvased dealers from San Diego through Los Angeles, all of whom were professional which I appreciate. But I ordered from

Paul Boozer
Porsche South Bay
PaulBoozer@lacarguy.com

He was more aggressive on price than any other So Cal dealer I'd worked with. He came via referral from friends who had bought from him. Very Responsive. And after placing the order said "... no worries if you change your mind, even after the car arrives. I'll have no trouble selling that car". Plus that particular dealer is a Porsche Premier- top 25 in the US. The only one is So Cal I think?

John
Old 04-27-2019, 08:37 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

STEPHEN RUMPH @ RUSNAK PASADENA-KNOWS THE CARS AND MAY DEAL DEPENDING...LET HIM KNOW BRAD AND CARA REFERRED YOU. WE GOT A MACAN S FROM HIM.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:29 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Contact John Wright over at Porsche North Houston...you'll get a discount and free delivery to LA from Houston. Tell him Martin sent you. I'll never give any business to the local So Cal stealers.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:39 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Contact John Wright over at Porsche North Houston...you'll get a discount and free delivery to LA from Houston. Tell him Martin sent you. I'll never give any business to the local So Cal stealers.
I second a vote for Porsche North Houston. I dealt with a different SA (Ace) but it’s very clear that this dealership is in the business of moving metal and treating customers as if they have brains.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:31 AM
FiveTwoFifty
Intermediate

Thank you everyone! Some great leads here and will definitely work on this. I appreciate it!
Old 04-29-2019, 04:00 PM
jrjunior31
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveTwoFifty
Thank you everyone! Some great leads here and will definitely work on this. I appreciate it!
Rusnak Pasadena prices are awful you can disregard that post. I’ve shopped there many times for Porsche and Audi, prices are a joke.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:07 PM
FiveTwoFifty
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Rusnak Pasadena prices are awful you can disregard that post. I’ve shopped there many times for Porsche and Audi, prices are a joke.
Yeah, no offense to the original poster... but had the worst experience there. Went a second time thinking the first experience was just a fluke but was basically ignored. And despite some particular/pertinent questions on my end, received generic replies back, stating "Yeah, the base one you want is probably like 1400-1600/month" without even asking what options I would want on it. It was actually funny once I was out of there, because it was just so appallingly bad and rude.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:22 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Call Dan Comouche, the GM at Porsche Irvine. Tell him you were referred by the Porsche Owners Club (POC).
Old 04-30-2019, 10:52 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

Bob McDonald At Walters Porsche in nearby Riverside. Bought a Macan S from him when they first came out and got a decent discount even then. Super knowledgeable and friendly guy.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Krokodil
Call Dan Comouche, the GM at Porsche Irvine. Tell him you were referred by the Porsche Owners Club (POC).
Originally Posted by TheBen
Bob McDonald At Walters Porsche in nearby Riverside. Bought a Macan S from him when they first came out and got a decent discount even then. Super knowledgeable and friendly guy.
No offense guys, but both of dealers are typical So Cal stealers...I wouldn't buy a bottle of water from them if I was dying of thirst.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:13 AM
o'bluetouring
Advanced

Our recommendation is David Lin of Downtown LA Porsche (dlin@dtlamotors.com). We had great experience with him when we bought our Macan. We referred a couple MacanForum members to him last year (and at least two members purchased from him). Tell him you're referred by Don.

Quick Reply: Los Angeles dealer?