Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne TT; test, spec, build, order, delivery process...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 11:06 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Lizard1
I have a spec build that is goes into “lock” mode on 6/2 for a ‘20 CTT. Like you, I was going black/black but wife has convinced me to go out on a limb and try the PTS chalk exterior. Haven’t fully committed yet. But I was told there is now a delay for any Cayenne’s with Burmeister which was surprising but so be it. I will just wait and wait and wait.....
Getting burned by the Burm.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:23 AM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

As of today (6/15), my CTT appears to be "complete" and heading to the port, and ahead of the original schedule. I received this from my new SA. I will post the ship once it has been assigned for tracking.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:34 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats Silversteel! My Cayenne S should be delivered to my dealer this week. Long *** wait if you ask me but I'm sure the wait will be well worth it once we get behind the wheel! It'll be here soon!!
Old 06-15-2019, 05:51 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dspvend
Congrats Silversteel! My Cayenne S should be delivered to my dealer this week. Long *** wait if you ask me but I'm sure the wait will be well worth it once we get behind the wheel! It'll be here soon!!

Well, alright! We expect some great pictures real soon.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:03 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 176 Posts

Fellas, that is awesome news!

Steel, we’ll have to meet up after delivery. You can look at our “old” Turbo and lord over the fact that you’ve got such a young stallion (or mare) by comparison.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:33 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

You got it.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:10 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

I was just provided the Vessel's name on which my CTT shall be loaded and transported across the pond to the Port of Houston. With that information I can now locate and track the ship, it's speed and journey to the United States, and any other ports it may visit along the way. Too much information for some, but fun for me.

Vessel: GOODWOOD
Port: Emden

You can get as granular as you like...Technology has gotten crazy.

Its current status is "Moored" and likely being loaded. Once loaded, it must be released by the port of Emden before it begins its journey. It is usually hours..You can hover over the various vessels and it will show their name, and if not moored, their speed and heading.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:59 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Lots of fun for us too -- particularly my wife, who wasted a lot of computer time at work pretending she was an intercontinental shipping expert.

GOODWOOD is not a bad name, my man. But it's no MIRACULOUS ACE, the ship our CTT floated on. Here's to a safe, smooth journey and quick arrival.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:26 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Departed ahead of schedule, and headed into the North Atlantic, but no telling how long she'll sit in port.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:36 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Goodwood, the RORO (Roll-on, Roll-off) transport Vessel has arrived, and now begins the process of some 8 hours, depending upon how many Stevedores (drivers who unload ships) they have available. Little vans ferry the Stevedores onto the ship where they enter the vehicles and begin driving the cars off, and they repeat this until all the destination vehicles are unloaded. All operations are strictly controlled by OSHA regulations, of course. This particular vessel weighs some 60,000 tons and can hold as many as 5,000 vehicles per a sailing. Crews are generally 6 months on/6 months off and spend no more than 12 hours at port unless there are some circumstances that dictate otherwise. It is literally a parking lot on the water.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:17 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Exciting stuff! My wife was ready to throw my computer out the window when my S6 was on it's way across the pond. It was a long 2 weeks!
Old 07-02-2019, 11:19 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

If you have not done it, Euro delivery is fantastic. While I have not done it with Porsche, I have done it with BMW. I have order 4 custom cars; Porsche and BMWs. Old hat to me, but I still enjoy it.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:29 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Just a few more stops before it hits Houston for you. We felt like a couple of middle-aged kids after MIRACULOUS ACE started rounding the southern tip of Florida, heading for the home stretch.

When it finally hit Houston, it was two weeks before the official Turbo launch date. We waited another four after that while the EPA and Porsche played footsie with each other. Didn't take delivery until December 28. Talk about a downer...

But you won't have that problem. It'll be here before you know it. Hang tight!
Old 07-05-2019, 11:19 AM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

As expected, there have been other stops, now GOODWOOD is in Jacksonville, FL, but the draught line has not changed, meaning more than likely, they have not begun unloading yet, or it hasn't updated any reduction in weight. Jacksonville is a key drop point for the US, having replaced Georgia after deep and heavy abatements and incentives for Porsche to relocate there. I'm not familiar with the Houston port, though.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:24 PM
SilverSteel
Rennlist Member

Whelp, as GOODWOOD entered the Gulf of Mexico, she fell off the tracking systems. Very strange. As it turns out, most ships fall off the tracking systems in the gulf, and I'm not sure why, but I don't really care either.

She entered the the Port of Houston, and when they say Port of Houston, they literally mean Houston, right almost into the heart of Houston. There is a dock shared by VW, Audi and Porsche, the alliance at work sharing Realestate. This is where the cars are processed; repairs made that need to be done due to transport, last minute details attended to, and sometimes even small options installed. Inspections often occur at these facilities as well, if it is in fact the first port of entry for the vehicle; EPA and other Federal agencies have the ability to inspect any and all vehicles anytime.

It's a rather winding road for GOODWOOD, but she made it. Now she'll unload her cargo so people like me can get their desired rides. More to come....

Quick Reply: Cayenne TT; test, spec, build, order, delivery process...