Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New base Cayenne Quartzite Grey..

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 06:30 PM
Scott Cowan
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New base Cayenne Quartzite Grey..

My base Cayenne finally arrived this week! Absolutely love it (so far)! I briefly pushed the accelerator and I can safely say it's more than quick enough. However the way it drives is astoundingly good. My previous X5 doesn't even come close for comfort and body control. Definitely worth the extra cash over an X5.

Quartzite is also very similar to Agate.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:51 PM
enduro963
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, she’s purdy! Can you post your configuration?

Love the Carrera!
Old 03-29-2019, 08:56 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice
Old 03-30-2019, 04:04 AM
Scott Cowan
Advanced

Hi,

Because I'm UK based I used the US configurator to give you a more accurate cost calculation. There are some options which are not available in the US such as the electrically extendable tow bar and privacy glass. I specced thermal insulated glass which is more expensive, which means the actual cost of this car is approx. $1500 less than the quoted figure. We also don't have package options in the UK.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PK93IW33
Old 03-30-2019, 08:34 AM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

do you mind sharing how much you paid for it, including (any) discounts?
Nice plates by the way.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:26 PM
George718
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Great color!
Old 03-31-2019, 12:22 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats! Looks great next to the 991!
Old 04-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Binary
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lovely looking car, Nice plate too ��
Old 04-01-2019, 10:44 AM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Cowan
My base Cayenne finally arrived this week! Absolutely love it (so far)! I briefly pushed the accelerator and I can safely say it's more than quick enough. However the way it drives is astoundingly good.
Agree, the hot-V turbo setup on the base engine has a lot of torque and is plenty quick.

Looks great, enjoy it.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:45 PM
Scott Cowan
Advanced

Hi, OTR just over £73k
Old 04-01-2019, 05:46 PM
Scott Cowan
Advanced

George718, very nice indeed!!
Old 04-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Scott Cowan
Advanced

Thanks guys for the nice comments!
Old 04-01-2019, 06:06 PM
david-nyc
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

That’s a beautiful pair of Porsches you’ve got, Scott.

And I agree about the way the Cayenne drives. I took my first real drive in mine yesterday morning, and somewhere in that hour or so or driving, it dawned on me: this vehicle has addressed all of the things I hate about SUVs!

Heavy and ponderous feeling? Not at all - all new Cayenne models are plenty quick and the ZF transmission is responsive enough to make it feel eager to run.

High steering effort with no feedback? Nope, it’s a reasonable effort and as much feedback as you’re going to find in this time of electrically-assisted steering.

Body roll on curves? Unbelivably flat around the twisty parts, which makes the whole car feel more athletic and composed

Poor brake feel? I have the PSCB brakes, and they are very strong, but the base brakes are superior to most other large vehicles on the road, and will certainly stop you quickly.

Road noise? Nope, it’s amazing how quiet it rides, with very little wind noise and well-controlled tire roar.

Overall, they’ve kept all the things that make an SUV useful and gotten rid of (or at least significantly mitigated) all the things that have made me have a love-hate relationship with all prior SUV’s I’ve had.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:15 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

David, I couldn't agree with you more. Well said.

And Scott, you've got a cool matched set there. I am quite jealous indeed. Your color and trim choices are understated and elegant. They look very expensive and classy.

And I'm a little slow, so I didn't get your cool Cayenne plate at first. Now I do. Greatness! Same goes for the 911!

Quick aside: My wife and I have been huge Top Gear fans since the Clarkson / May / Hammond era started all those years ago. We've seen every episode, then moved over to Grand Tour after Jeremy punched his producer in the face over a cold steak, or whatever it was. Long story short: We have little Stig family vinyl stickers mounted inside the rear quarter windows of her Cayenne (mom / dad / daughter / animals, all wearing Stig helmets and racing suits). You have to look closely to see them -- we too prefer understated.

However, my wife badly wants a vanity plate that reads, IAMSTIG. I told her that's a bit over the top, especially since she isn't really the Stig. Or is she?

Again, congratulations!
Old 04-02-2019, 06:08 AM
Scott Cowan
Advanced

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
David, I couldn't agree with you more. Well said.

And Scott, you've got a cool matched set there. I am quite jealous indeed. Your color and trim choices are understated and elegant. They look very expensive and classy.

And I'm a little slow, so I didn't get your cool Cayenne plate at first. Now I do. Greatness! Same goes for the 911!

Quick aside: My wife and I have been huge Top Gear fans since the Clarkson / May / Hammond era started all those years ago. We've seen every episode, then moved over to Grand Tour after Jeremy punched his producer in the face over a cold steak, or whatever it was. Long story short: We have little Stig family vinyl stickers mounted inside the rear quarter windows of her Cayenne (mom / dad / daughter / animals, all wearing Stig helmets and racing suits). You have to look closely to see them -- we too prefer understated.

However, my wife badly wants a vanity plate that reads, IAMSTIG. I told her that's a bit over the top, especially since she isn't really the Stig. Or is she?

Again, congratulations!
Many thanks JCWLS3! I can't image what your Cayenne Turbo feels like when driven in anger, must be mind bending quick!

I too love the Top Gear series.. so much so I have been collecting every Top Gear magazine since 1993..

Hope you manage to get that plate for your wife's car!

First ever Top Gear Magazine 1993

Quick Reply: New base Cayenne Quartzite Grey..