Sponsored By:

Warning notifications

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 10:22 AM
Patek2301
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Warning notifications

Gents I just put a deposit on my new cayenne S. Will post pictures when I get it

anyway not sure if this is an issue that some here have encountered, I saw several notification warnings on the dash. I hope this is not a major issue. Appreciate it those who experience this can help.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:25 AM
Patek2301
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

In case one can’t see the notifications due to poor resolution.

1. PAS restricted pls see drovers manual
2.driving light co trip fault status, temporarily driving prohibited
3. full beam assistant not available, driving permitted, activate full beam automatically.

dealer not a small issue,

Old 03-28-2019, 11:31 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

This means that something is blocking your ACC/Auto High beam senors, like a leaf or debris. It probably went away already.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:09 PM
bsklar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have consistently (about every couple of weeks) received similar messages on my November Base Cayenne. I have taken it in twice for these and this time, they replaced the camera. Not sure if it worked as I just got it back. Will post more if that was the fix. I have posted my pics of these messages in glitches.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:17 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
This means that something is blocking your ACC/Auto High beam senors, like a leaf or debris. It probably went away already.
Not necessarily. We've had identical transient warnings pop up from time to time on our October-built Turbo, in perfect weather with everything clean and unobstructed. A restart clears them.

I posted elsewhere about this. Our dealer took a look but was unable to replicate, or pinpoint a fault. I am presuming causation as POST-type errors (power-on self-test) that may be remedied in future PCM upgrades.

For us, they have been a harmless annoyance. One group of several.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:10 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Not necessarily. We've had identical transient warnings pop up from time to time on our October-built Turbo, in perfect weather with everything clean and unobstructed. A restart clears them.

I posted elsewhere about this. Our dealer took a look but was unable to replicate, or pinpoint a fault. I am presuming causation as POST-type errors (power-on self-test) that may be remedied in future PCM upgrades.

For us, they have been a harmless annoyance. One group of several.
It has happened to me in clear weather too. It does not have to be heavy rain or leaves etc (but could be). It can be reflections of light or some type of change that the sensors are recognizing. I am not saying its not a software glitch, but most likely overly sensitive software settings. Agreed harmless.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:48 PM
vangoose
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
It has happened to me in clear weather too. It does not have to be heavy rain or leaves etc (but could be). It can be reflections of light or some type of change that the sensors are recognizing. I am not saying its not a software glitch, but most likely overly sensitive software settings. Agreed harmless.
I had 2 PAS warnings, but restarting the car cleared them. I also had 2 chassis warnings but again, restarting the car cleared them.

I don't think there were actually issues, so hopefully software updates will address them once available some time later.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:39 AM
A4EP
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Has anyone had this resolved by their dealer yet? Mine has now popped up these warnings 3x in the past two weeks. The warning pop up and once I clear them from the dash they are gone, no warning triangles, non existent in the "notifications" sub screen. I turn the vehicle off and on again and they don't pop up and things work just fine. Just wondering if this deserves a time commitment to take it to the dealer because they found a fix or if I just live with it and log it at the dealer when there next.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:06 AM
elga
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi guys!
Got all this warnings just now; did you find any solutions?
Old 03-09-2023, 06:56 PM
A4EP
Racer

Originally Posted by elga
Hi guys!
Got all this warnings just now; did you find any solutions?
Not yet. Still need to bring to dealer and ask. It occurred for like 3 days in a row in October then stopped for a few months and happened again only 1 time since October.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:59 PM
elga
Track Day

Mine vanish today lets see what happened; I already talked with dealer they offer to pick up Vehicle today! I am going to give it a few days to see what happen!
I'll keep you all post it; please do the same if you don't mind.
Old 03-11-2023, 12:17 PM
A4EP
Racer

Originally Posted by A4EP
Not yet. Still need to bring to dealer and ask. It occurred for like 3 days in a row in October then stopped for a few months and happened again only 1 time since October.

Well, I spoke too soon. All three errors popped up yesterday when I started my car after work. It was a very snowy day so I think it is definitely just the sensors getting dirty. Either way I think with it popping back up I may finally take the vehicle to the dealer for these and a few other small little irritations. It would be the first time since I bought it (2019) I have had to bring it to the dealer as I do the scheduled maintenance at my indy.
The following users liked this post:
elga (04-03-2023)
Old 03-18-2023, 06:14 PM
elga
Track Day

I'm taking mine to the dealer this Wednesday for me has been a long haul and 6K down all related to the "ACC not available driving permitted Service necessary" I will ask for my money back or a Lawsuit will be coming their way, even whenI am not able to tell what is going on Reenlist is flooded with this issue; will see please a word for all suffering from this problem, keep your eyes open and report back!
Old 04-02-2023, 10:23 AM
elga
Track Day

I have been dealing with the ACC since 3 years ago, at the begging after much trouble and to many problems with stealer, went to different one and They change the radar in the front of my Cayenne (9Y0 2019 Base) which is the eye ball in the center of the front bumper. Now 2 weeks ago I had the following:
2. Driving light co trip fault status, temporarily driving prohibited
3. Full beam assistant not available, driving permitted, activate full beam automatically.

I Sent Cayenne back on Mar 23rd (Fortunately I have a good channel of communication with my Service Advisor), Just got the car back yesterday (April 1rst 2023), according to the working order they found the following:REVIEWED GFF DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION AND PERFORMED DIAGNOSTICS FOR
U112300 - Data bus - fault value received,
C12B317 - Driver assistance systems front camera, voltage too high,
C12B316 - Driver assistance systems front camera,Voltage too low,
C12B398- Driver assistance systems front camera, Temperature too high,
C12B3F9 - Driver assistance systems front camera, Temperature too low,
B11CE15 - Windshield heater for front sensor system, Open circuit/short circuit to B+,
B11CE11 - Windshield heater for front sensor system, Short circuit to ground,
C12D5FA - Driver assistance systems control module, Image processing processor not reacting.

So the ACC system is Very complex **** thing to have and it uses several things to keep you safe; this time they open and change components from the camera housing that it is in the windshield behind you rear view mirror inside the vehicle. Here is what they ended up doing:

FOUND CAMERA AND HEATING ELEMENT AT FAULT. REMOVED AND REPLACED CAMERA, ELEMENT AND TRIM. PERFORMED AND VEHICLE MEASURE AND CONFIRMED CORRECT VALUES. SET UP CALIBRATION BOARD AND PERFORMED FRONT CAMERA CALIBRATION. SYSTEM PASSED. SENT POST VAL.

CONFIRMED NORMAL OPERATION.

I will keep everyone updated PLEASE you guys do the same
Looks like the ACC saga continues; BTW Porsche is very well aware of this situation.

The following users liked this post:
Schnave (04-02-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 06:05 PM
matthewmarri
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have now the same issue
PAS RESTRICTED
ACC not available
lane keeping not available
full beam assistant not available
driving light control fault

is the car safe to drive ?
are they faults covered by the Porsche approved guarantee ?

with Porsche approved / warranty is a rental car given while they fix faults ?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Originally Posted by Patek2301
In case one can’t see the notifications due to poor resolution.

2.driving light co trip fault status, temporarily driving prohibited
3. full beam assistant not available, driving permitted, activate full beam automatically.

dealer not a small issue,

Quick Reply: Warning notifications