Sponsored By:

20's Vs 21's

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 04:48 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 20's Vs 21's

Question for anyone and i'm sure this topic has been touched on so sorry if I'm repeating a topic!
Ordered my S with 20's wheels but have been seeing new Cayenne's on the street with the 21's and it does look amazing!
Just worried about a few things!
1) Ride comfort. I ordered my car with Air Suspension but am worried about pot holes and road imperfections.

2) Winter weather. I guess I could drop down to 20's and put winter tires and rims on in it as the weather turns colder in Philly.

3) Lastly replacement costs and millage I'll get with the tires? I drive the car harder than most and think I'll be lucky to get 15-18 thousand miles out a set of 21's.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated but the 21's look amazing with painted wheel arches just torn if I should put on 21's?
Thanks all.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:06 PM
500RJC
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

21's look much better and nicely complete the overall appearance of the vehicle. We tested one w/21's and w/o air susp and it was firm but not too fim, so with a/s you should be just fine. FYI we have 21's on our 2017 Q7 and at 17k we have plenty of tread left, but we dont drive it like its a sports car, we drive it like an SUV. Cost of tires considering how Porsche nickels and dimes us (being generous here) on options shouldn't be an issue if you're buying one these lol.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Asi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Cayenne S in 21s and would definitely recommend them. I don’t know if your roads are worse than here in Sydney but I drive daily with the air suspension set to Low and the chassis on Sport Mode and the ride comfort is still very good. Even in Sport Plus, it doesn’t bother me at all
Old 03-12-2019, 05:32 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Asi
I have the Cayenne S in 21s and would definitely recommend them. I don’t know if your roads are worse than here in Sydney but I drive daily with the air suspension set to Low and the chassis on Sport Mode and the ride comfort is still very good. Even in Sport Plus, it doesn’t bother me at all
Standard 21" come with A/S tires, so you are OK in Philly. I am in NY, and weather is a non issue for me. And, again, being A/S tires, the 21" sidewalls are nothing like the 19" Pirellis I had in my 911. The Cayenne's Pirellis have a decent amount of sidewall and cushion for your rims. Lastly, I can say that the car actually rides better on 21" wheels.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:42 PM
tjbk18
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wife's car has 21" spyder wheels with A/S Pirelli tires, and the ride has been very comfortable.

Quick Reply: 20's Vs 21's