Sponsored By:

Hybrid Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 02:39 PM
TuckerNH
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hybrid Build

Hey Guys, I put down a deposit on Cayenne Hybrid that locks in about a week from now with a September delivery. It's going to be a DD replacing a BMW X5 diesel. The option list leans more towards comfort than performance, but I have the good fortunes of my wife driving a Macan Turbo. The only other car it came down to was the new X5 and, while I thought that it was quite a package for the money, it just wasn't exciting. While I haven't posted before, I wanted to give a big thanks to everyone. I learn more from this discussion board than any dealership visit, article or you tube video. I'll try to add when meaningful. At this point I can tell you that the discounts offered to me ranged from 2%-7%. Any build comments appreciated. TJ
Porsche Build site: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...rnational.aspx Code: PKACQ3P3
Old 03-11-2019, 03:36 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Welcome to the forum! You will really enjoy the Cayenne. I am sure many here will give you constructive comments.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:25 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by TuckerNH
Hey Guys, I put down a deposit on Cayenne Hybrid that locks in about a week from now with a September delivery. It's going to be a DD replacing a BMW X5 diesel. The option list leans more towards comfort than performance, but I have the good fortunes of my wife driving a Macan Turbo. The only other car it came down to was the new X5 and, while I thought that it was quite a package for the money, it just wasn't exciting. While I haven't posted before, I wanted to give a big thanks to everyone. I learn more from this discussion board than any dealership visit, article or you tube video. I'll try to add when meaningful. At this point I can tell you that the discounts offered to me ranged from 2%-7%. Any build comments appreciated. TJ
Porsche Build site: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...rnational.aspx Code: PKACQ3P3
Where are you located? My dealer in PA offered 7-8% off to me, but I live in Cali. I would take the 7%.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:29 PM
TuckerNH
Rennlist Member

ssiminou, the quotes were from Massachusetts and New Hampshire dealerships.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:54 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

That is one heavily optioned E-Hybrid at $114k! For that money, I'd definitely go for a Panamera E-Hybrid instead (which I did, for exactly that much, last year!). Options can be so subjective. I optioned a 2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid for $89k MSRP, which after dealer discount and $6700 federal tax credit would land me under $78k.
Your build is the first one I've ever seen with a fire extinguisher! I just don't need the vast majority of stuff that you've optioned there to be a happy camper with an E-Hybrid. But I can tell you that my Pan4 E-Hybrid is a dream car; the E-Hybrid part of it has made me decide that I'll never again buy an ICE-only Panamera or Cayenne, because the PHEV versions are really that amazing! The Porsche CEO said in an interview this past week that the E-Hybrids are getting a battery upgrade next year, so I'm going to wait for that to see if range is significantly extended.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:48 AM
TuckerNH
Rennlist Member

Actually I agree. My first choice is the Panamera E-Hybrid but age and arthritis produces embarrassing moans each time I get in and out. Can't tell you how many times I tried to rationalize a Panamera before reality set in. I'm just glad that Porsche builds an SUV. Glad to hear your comments on the PHEZ versions. I had a blast test driving Panamera Hybrids and hope the Cayenne will be similar.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:38 PM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

" The Porsche CEO said in an interview this past week that the E-Hybrids are getting a battery upgrade next year, so I'm going to wait for that to see if range is significantly extended."

do you mind sending link for the above, so that i can show to my SA who seems to be utterly clueless regarding anything remotely to do with the e-hybrid - i kid you not - or what is actually happening at the factory.
I'm beginning to veer towards your decision to wait this out, even though i've been looking forwards to it this year (Sept, I was told) as it seems more sensible in light of above plus the software glitches may have been ironed out at that stage.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:56 PM
trucker
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

" The Porsche CEO said in an interview this past week that the E-Hybrids are getting a battery upgrade next year, so I'm going to wait for that to see if range is significantly extended."

do you mind sending link for the above, so that i can show to my SA who seems to be utterly clueless regarding anything remotely to do with the e-hybrid - i kid you not - or what is actually happening at the factory.
I'm beginning to veer towards your decision to wait this out, even though i've been looking forwards to it this year (Sept, I was told) as it seems more sensible in light of above plus the software glitches may have been ironed out at that stage.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2019...iew-17185.html

"Daimler has just announced that it will be releasing a plug-in hybrid with a range of almost 100 kilometres, in the second half of the year. When will you have one of those to offer?

Blume: The next generation of batteries will come in 2020, and will bring an increase in the ampere hours of our battery cells from 37 to 47. This will permit us to achieve larger ranges, which we will gradually introduce into our products."

I started a thread that's not showing up yet about this new battery, I ordered a 2019 Cayenne E-Hybrid which won't be delivered until September and I'm concerned if they are already planning to make changes to the 2020 E-Hybrid which would depreciate the 2019s a lot in my opinion.

Last edited by trucker; 03-14-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:02 PM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

yes, 2019 will undoubtedly take a hit. On the other hand, the new generation batteries may not necessarily trickle down to the e-hybrid in 2020; it's difficult to know how to read the statement.
I don't mind wating 1year but anything more...........
Old 03-14-2019, 05:22 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by london123

Here's the transcript of the interview in Australia:

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/por...s-five-secrets

I also find that Porsche dealerships know very little about E-Hybrids, and with every car maker, you hear talk about PHEVs and EVs in the online car news, but dealerships don't carry that over. I think that if dealerships tried to sell PHEVs harder than they try to sell ICE-only vehicles, PHEV sales would greatly increase. (In Europe, Panamera E-Hybrids accounted for nearly 2/3 of all Panamera sales last year; in the US, I think the number is only a few percent, at most.) I learned nothing from dealerships about E-Hybrids except how to plug one in, and I benefitted from test-driving several old Panamera and Cayenne S E-Hybrids, but I bought my new-gen Panamera E-Hybrid on faith (not having owned an older 10-kWh E-Hybrid and not liking them very much), aided by my love for the Sport Turismo appearance. Most of my knowledge about E-Hybrids prior to buying one came from Rennlist owners, from online car reviews, and from YouTube reviews of them. I've seriously considered getting a new-gen Cayenne E-Hybrid because my Panamera is so awesome; just wish they made a Macan E-Hybrid, as the Cayenne is a bit large for me now, with no kids living at home any longer. I'm also sure that the current (new) Cayenne E-Hybrid will have 10-20 percent less range than the Panamera because it is less aerodynamic (and possibly heavier, too); so I'd wait til the battery pack gets upgraded from 14 kWh, personally -- so something more like 16-20 kWh (which hopefully will happen in the next year or two, especially since Porsche seems to be committing to keeping the Cayenne and Panamera E-Hybrids in production for some years to come).

Quick Reply: Hybrid Build