Sponsored By:

Finally after 3 weeks and over 50x configuration simulation

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 01:23 AM
Patek2301
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Finally after 3 weeks and over 50x configuration simulation

Considering that i live in Singapore (where every the car and option is at least 2.5x US) i need to be very careful in try to be as cost efficient as i can. This is also my first time buying a new car.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKXJLSB1
Base price Cayenne - 343,488 SGD
Price for Equipment - 44,164 SGD
Total Price* - 387,652 SGD
Exterior Colour White- 0 SGD

Interior Colour - Partial leather interior in two-tone combination (Black and Mojave Beige) - 1,454 SGD

Exterior -Deletion of model designation, 0 SGD
SportDesign front apron Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur, 12,541 SGD
Exterior package in black (high-gloss), 1,405 SGD

Transmission / Chassis -8-speed Tiptronic S with auto start/stop function and coasting, 0 SGD
Adaptive air suspension with level control and height adjustment incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), 14,986 SGD

Wheels- 19-inch Cayenne wheels, 0 SGD

comfort and assistance systems- ParkAssist (front and rear) including Surround View, 3,002 SGD

Interior - Comfort seats front (14-way, electric) with memory package, 5,061 SGD
Smoking package, 219 SGD

Audio / Comm.- BOSE® Surround Sound system, 5,496 SGD
Total Price*
387,652 SGD

Please let me know your thoughts? i actually really wanted the smooth leather interior, but i decided to stick with partial leather and added the 14 way comfort seats and added abit more to get PASM w air suspension. I also intend to get 22inch VFF107 vorsteiner which is much cheaper.
Do you think the black mojave beige is hard to maintain?
Old 02-14-2019, 08:00 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

I think the build is very good. Did you consider Premium Plus, since you are ordering the 14 way seats separately?
Old 02-14-2019, 11:49 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 684 Likes on 478 Posts

If it was me, I'd skip the sport design front and use the money to get an "S". I've also read that the air suspension gives the vehicle an artificial feel and that the steel spring setup is more than adequate (and will be much less expensive to maintain in the future) so that money saved could go towards an S as well.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:29 PM
QQQ
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
If it was me, I'd skip the sport design front and use the money to get an "S". I've also read that the air suspension gives the vehicle an artificial feel and that the steel spring setup is more than adequate (and will be much less expensive to maintain in the future) so that money saved could go towards an S as well.
About a 9,400 difference if I option a base with SD front fascia vs an S without it. All other options are matched. That's a decent chunk of savings that will cover the sales tax. While I did like the S, most online reviewers said the base received the biggest improvement overall and the extra power at high speeds wasn't really necessary. That helped decide it for me.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:01 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
I hate the idea of an air suspension, but it's hard to argue with the utility of it: you can give the car a very sporty look in the "low" setting around town, and then raise it up even higher than the spring setup when you actually need clearance with weight or going through deep snow / etc.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:06 PM
vangoose
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Unless you need to adjust the height, PASM with steel suspension is more than what you need. It's super comfy and gives you more direct feel, body roll is very well controlled even in standard mode.

Since you are in Singapore where it's hot, I'd save the money for air and use it for seat ventilation.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:20 PM
QQQ
Advanced

Originally Posted by vangoose
Unless you need to adjust the height, PASM with steel suspension is more than what you need. It's super comfy and gives you more direct feel, body roll is very well controlled even in standard mode.

Since you are in Singapore where it's hot, I'd save the money for air and use it for seat ventilation.
Haha, very good points!
Old 02-14-2019, 04:26 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
I hate the idea of an air suspension, but it's hard to argue with the utility of it: you can give the car a very sporty look in the "low" setting around town, and then raise it up even higher than the spring setup when you actually need clearance with weight or going through deep snow / etc.
I love it! I wouldn’t order a Cayenne without it. The new AS is unbelievable good, standard equipment in the Cayenne Turbo and a huge improvement over the last gen AS which felt bouncy, After a short test ride it was a no brainer for me, oh and I can get rid of those big wheel to fender gaps, win - win .
Old 02-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Patek2301
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I actually don’t need air suspension but I really want to get rid of this wheel gaps. If I were to replace with lowering spring such as H&R, I worry the ride will be affected, though I read mix reviews in 958 forum. Alternatively I can opt for coilvers, then again I don’t know how it will be affected.

Alternatively, I can get a bare cayenne S at this price point from an importer (not authorised dealer hence no warranty) and I worry considering that it’s a relatively new model with issues here and there (down shift,etc).

having considered all this. I think base cayenne will be my choice
Old 02-15-2019, 11:10 AM
dbwalsh
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S with Mojave Beige and Black. Other options thoughts.

I have a 2019 White Cayenne S with the black & mojave beige interior. The car looks terrific! The interior is quite striking and I think you will like it a lot. Of course, beige will show some dirt, but it seems quite durable and easy to clean.

I also have a "loaded" suspension package and find it incredible to drive. I just finished a 2000 mile road trip (aka test drive) and spent a lot of time driving winding roads and switching between air suspension modes. There are significant differences between each mode. Ride varies from smooth and comfortable (not "floaty") in normal mode to firm and tight in Sport Plus. Sport falls in between. I am glad I choose this option. If you only drive in city or highway conditions, the air suspension might be overkill. However, if you take the car onto more challenging terrain and winding roads you will notice a difference.

I agree with those that question your choice of some of the exterior finish options. The car looks amazing without adding all the extras. For your reference, I only added black window trim, a relatively low-cost option...if there is such a thing. I would consider spending these trim dollars on other options.

I love the 14-way seats. I hear the 18-way are even better, but haven't been able to try those.

The Adaptive Cruise control is excellent, the best I have ever used. I also added the HUD (heads up display) and I am glad I did. The HUD is bright, easy to customize and I use it a lot. Going forward, I will always spec a HUD.

I wanted to have the ability to easily switch performance and suspension modes without looking down, so I ordered the sport/chrono package. That gave me the small rotary mode control dial on the steering wheel. It works beautifully, just as I hoped. I certainly never race the car so the added chrono features are fluff to me, but the dial and the sport-response mode worked really well.

The electronics in the car are excellent and well thought out. When you program the options, you will be pleased with the details and the options offered. The navigation is excellent -fast and responsive. I was surprised that the "voice pilot" command works really well too. Many programming functions are locked out while driving, unless you use the voice commands. I had heard mixed reviews on the voice commands, but I am quite impressed with its useability.The Bose sounds great, too.

One of the "surprise" features that I really like is the panoramic sunroof. This is the best sunroof I've ever had. I was able to drive my 2000 desert trip in comfort with the glass closed but the interior blackout cover open the entire way. The tinting of the glass is significant and I never felt the need to close the shade, even in bright direct sun. The added light in the car opens up the interior and makes it feel even more spacious. Everyone who has ridden in the back of the car has remarked about the roof and how much they liked it.

The car is really quiet too. All in all, you will be delighted with your choice no matter what options you choose!

Old 02-15-2019, 12:45 PM
QQQ
Advanced

Originally Posted by dbwalsh
I have a 2019 White Cayenne S with the black & mojave beige interior. The car looks terrific! The interior is quite striking and I think you will like it a lot. Of course, beige will show some dirt, but it seems quite durable and easy to clean.

I also have a "loaded" suspension package and find it incredible to drive. I just finished a 2000 mile road trip (aka test drive) and spent a lot of time driving winding roads and switching between air suspension modes. There are significant differences between each mode. Ride varies from smooth and comfortable (not "floaty") in normal mode to firm and tight in Sport Plus. Sport falls in between. I am glad I choose this option. If you only drive in city or highway conditions, the air suspension might be overkill. However, if you take the car onto more challenging terrain and winding roads you will notice a difference.

I agree with those that question your choice of some of the exterior finish options. The car looks amazing without adding all the extras. For your reference, I only added black window trim, a relatively low-cost option...if there is such a thing. I would consider spending these trim dollars on other options.

I love the 14-way seats. I hear the 18-way are even better, but haven't been able to try those.

The Adaptive Cruise control is excellent, the best I have ever used. I also added the HUD (heads up display) and I am glad I did. The HUD is bright, easy to customize and I use it a lot. Going forward, I will always spec a HUD.

I wanted to have the ability to easily switch performance and suspension modes without looking down, so I ordered the sport/chrono package. That gave me the small rotary mode control dial on the steering wheel. It works beautifully, just as I hoped. I certainly never race the car so the added chrono features are fluff to me, but the dial and the sport-response mode worked really well.

The electronics in the car are excellent and well thought out. When you program the options, you will be pleased with the details and the options offered. The navigation is excellent -fast and responsive. I was surprised that the "voice pilot" command works really well too. Many programming functions are locked out while driving, unless you use the voice commands. I had heard mixed reviews on the voice commands, but I am quite impressed with its useability.The Bose sounds great, too.

One of the "surprise" features that I really like is the panoramic sunroof. This is the best sunroof I've ever had. I was able to drive my 2000 desert trip in comfort with the glass closed but the interior blackout cover open the entire way. The tinting of the glass is significant and I never felt the need to close the shade, even in bright direct sun. The added light in the car opens up the interior and makes it feel even more spacious. Everyone who has ridden in the back of the car has remarked about the roof and how much they liked it.

The car is really quiet too. All in all, you will be delighted with your choice no matter what options you choose!
Thanks for your feedback. It is reassuring to hear your comments on some of the options I also chose. Happy Friday!
Old 02-15-2019, 04:10 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 684 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by QQQ
About a 9,400 difference if I option a base with SD front fascia vs an S without it. All other options are matched. That's a decent chunk of savings that will cover the sales tax. While I did like the S, most online reviewers said the base received the biggest improvement overall and the extra power at high speeds wasn't really necessary. That helped decide it for me.
As I wrote, I found the base engine had more than adequate performance while at speed, but dead rounding a 90-degree turn and then getting back on the gas - not something I expect from Porsche. A few reviews I read made note of it, but all are in agreement that the base model now has enough power. If you have driven a base and it doesn't bother you, the choice is a simple one - go base.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:36 PM
Turboace
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to consider the cooling seats. I know how hot and muggy it is in Singapore
Old 02-20-2019, 12:11 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Base price Cayenne - 343,488 SGD
Price for Equipment - 44,164 SGD
Total Price* - 387,652 SGD
Exterior Colour White- 0 SGD
Interior Colour - Partial leather interior in two-tone combination (Black and Mojave Beige) - 1,454 SGD - CHANGE THIS TO LEATHER, YOU WON'T REGRET IT, THE TWO-TONE BLACK/RED BORDEAUX IS ALSO BEAUTIFUL
Exterior -Deletion of model designation, 0 SGD OKAY, BUT THE STANDARD CHROME EMBLEM LOOKS GREAT ON WHITE IMHO
SportDesign front apron Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur, 12,541 SGD - DROP THIS OPTION, WASTE OF MONEY IN MY OPINION
Exterior package in black (high-gloss), 1,405 SGD DROP THIS OPTION, JUST ANOTHER THING TO KEEP CLEAN, BLACK PLASTIC PIECES LOOK FINE
Transmission / Chassis -8-speed Tiptronic S with auto start/stop function and coasting, 0 SGD ONLY OPTION
Adaptive air suspension with level control and height adjustment incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), 14,986 SGD DROP THIS OPTION, NOT NECESSARY
Wheels- 19-inch Cayenne wheels, 0 SGD DROP THIS OPTION, ADD 21" OR 22" OEM WHEELS THAT INCLUDE THE PAINTED WHEEL ARCH EXTENSIONS, E.G., RS SYPER DESIGN WHEELS 14,068 SGD (THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!)
comfort and assistance systems- ParkAssist (front and rear) including Surround View, 3,002 SGD ADD LANE CHANGE ASSIST FOR BLIND SPOT DETECTION, FOR A 30 SQUARE MILE ISLAND YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TRAFFIC!
Interior - Comfort seats front (14-way, electric) with memory package, 5,061 SGD GOOD CHOICE
Smoking package, 219 SGD OKAY
Audio / Comm.- BOSE® Surround Sound system, 5,496 SGD GOOD CHOICE
ADD AMBIENT LIGHTING 1,503, YOU WILL LOVE IT
Total Price* 387,652 SGD NEW TOTAL PRICE 391,601 (INCREASE OF 3,949 SGD OR ONLY 1%)
Please let me know your thoughts? i actually really wanted the smooth leather interior, but i decided to stick with partial leather and added the 14 way comfort seats and added abit more to get PASM w air suspension. I also intend to get 22inch VFF107 vorsteiner which is much cheaper.STAY OEM AND GET THE WHEEL ARCH EXTENSIONS PAINTED IN EXTERIOR COLOR
Do you think the black mojave beige is hard to maintain? BLACK/BORDEAUX WOULD BE EASIER BECAUSE OF THE DARKER COLOR
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION!
Old 02-20-2019, 04:45 PM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

"Adaptive air suspension with level control and height adjustment incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), 14,986 SGD DROP THIS OPTION, NOT NECESSARY"

Can you elaborate why unnecessary? Does air suspension not improve the ride in terms of pliancy & 'dampening' , eg over potholes, speedbumps etc.

Also, with regards to ambient lighting, does this simply provide more illumination in the cabin or am i missing something?

Quick Reply: Finally after 3 weeks and over 50x configuration simulation