Sponsored By:

Sport Tail Pipes Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 01:13 AM
SArthur
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Tail Pipes Question

Quick question about the exhaust options for the new Cayenne. Mine has been unloaded in Jacksonville and is heading up to Atlanta for our PEC delivery in mid October. I went on a test drive last week and I was a little more underwhelmed by the exhaust than I was expecting. I’m a little sad that I didn’t order the Sport Exhaust System, but it seems like a bit of overkill on the base Cayenne. Does anybody know if the Sport Tailpipes are just for show or if this would be a good middle ground option to give it a little more volume? I’m assuming these could be added aftermarket fairly easily, but could the Sport Exhaust system also be added, or did I miss the opportunity for that?
Old 10-06-2018, 03:08 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

I asked our SA about this very thing a few months ago. He advised that the Sport Tailpipes are just for show. If you want noise, you have to go with the Sport Exhaust, or aftermarket.

We ended up springing for the Sport Exhaust on our Turbo. We're fans of burbling V8 noises. A drive in a stock Panamera Turbo versus one with the Sport Exhaust cost us $3K on our Cayenne. The stock V8 was okay, but hardly presented the kind of noise we associate with a 500-plus horsepower engine. The Sport Exhaust with baffles open raised a minor ruckus. It wasn't obnoxious like an American musclecar. But it did present a nice, deep bass that rose to a good rip as the revs climbed. Is it worth $3200? Depends on the buyer. It was to us.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:23 PM
9114SCV
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

SArthur, did you notice any sound difference by just adding the sport tailpipes?

Quick Reply: Sport Tail Pipes Question