Sponsored By:

Remote Park Assist

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 12:54 PM
newbie2p
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Park Assist

Just came across this video. Anyone know if this feature is part of the optional ParkAssist (front & rear) or another option not yet on the configurator?

Thanks.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:34 PM
FAWI
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

One of the biggest Cons porsche that they did not make all options available at once. They add new options and colors every 2/3 months !!

I don't think this is the ParkAssist 360 , it's new options

Why ?!
Old 07-15-2018, 10:16 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by newbie2p
https://youtu.be/-h5zUNZgeZ8

Just came across this video. Anyone know if this feature is part of the optional ParkAssist (front & rear) or another option not yet on the configurator?

Thanks.

This video is new, but Remote Park Assist was first mentioned a long time ago (in Christophorus). I wonder if it's a separate option or a part of Park Assist Plus that's already on the configurator. Reverse camera and sensors are standard, so Park Assist Plus could offer more than just a top view image - would be cool. I really like the low curb warning feature - that would save me so many nerve cells. In many city garages, these curbs appear out of nowhere and are too close to the car to see them from such a tall vehicle. Ruined a number of wheels that way.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:18 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

I’d like to know more details too. We optioned ParkAssist just for the multiple cameras — my wife parks in a pretty tight garage for work, and she’s gotten used to top-down views with multiple cameras in her current SUV. Frankly she needs all the help she can get.

Any of the other features shown in that video would be a bonus. I love the curb alert too!
Old 07-25-2018, 12:05 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Looks like early Caynee buyers are going to miss out on a bunch of features after all. My dealer just confirmed that Park Assist Plus will not be available in early 2019 cars, and maybe until 2020. Also, Porsche Innodrive, will not be available until later, despite being available on Panamera already and being available on Cayenne outside of North America at launch. I'm considering delaying my order now - I could use the trailer hitching and maneuvering assist and the curb warning.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:28 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

I can understand your waiting — I really can. We’re not. We got on the pre-pre-pre-order list at our local dealer over a year ago after a single drive in a CPO 2016 Cayenne S. The train has long left the station.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:38 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
I can understand your waiting — I really can. We’re not. We got on the pre-pre-pre-order list at our local dealer over a year ago after a single drive in a CPO 2016 Cayenne S. The train has long left the station.
I'm the first in line at my dealer, but even though my car will be made in September, it will not be delivered until late December or early January due to certifications, so even if I move my allocation to a few months later it will not delay the car as much. Also, I've spent about $5K on ruined wheels and scraped bumpers on the current Cayenne (my wife's doing), so I feel like this option not only pay for itself quickly but will also strengthen my marriage.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:34 PM
longhorn911
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone have any updated info as to when this Remote Park Assist feature will be available to order? Info seems to be scarce other than it seems like it was planned for the 2019 year models, but no indication as to when. Any idea if it will make it into the 2019's?
Old 11-11-2018, 07:38 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by longhorn911
Does anyone have any updated info as to when this Remote Park Assist feature will be available to order? Info seems to be scarce other than it seems like it was planned for the 2019 year models, but no indication as to when. Any idea if it will make it into the 2019's?
In August, my dealer showed an email from the product manager saying late September available for ordering. That time came and gone and he has no updates. Wish there was more transparency - if it's a year out, I'll just buy now, and if it's a month or two away, I'd rather wait.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:57 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Just got a confirmation from Porsche headquarters - the earliest availability is June production starts (after week 25). Can also be delayed more. So I just placed my order today for late December production start.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:16 PM
longhorn911
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting that info - very helpful. Enjoy your new December build.

Quick Reply: Remote Park Assist