Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Favorite Color for the Cayenne Exterior?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 04:50 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Favorite Color for the Cayenne Exterior?

I am curious what folks out there think looks good on the Cayenne given what Porsche offers.

What color Cayenne did you choose and then what color would you choose if you had to get a second Cayenne of a different color? Any particular reason?

I think White really contrasts well with the black trim / front grill and white is relatively easy to maintain. So far that has been my favorite. My second choice would be Meteor Grey. It's about as dark as I'll go living in Florida.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:56 PM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 4,951 Likes on 1,913 Posts

I'm a Rhodium Silver guy - simply love it! My second choice would be Sapphire Blue or White…

Oops, that is three. ;-)
Old 04-20-2017, 05:27 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

After a string of a new silver 2004 truck, a midnight blue 2001 Corvette, a black 2008 G8 GT, and a midnight blue 2012 Touareg-4 vehicles in a row where I could not get white, I finally got white.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:42 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm weird in that I really wanted a red one - to the point that I searched all over the US and finally found one in UT and had it shipped to VA .....
Old 04-20-2017, 09:38 PM
beqok
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2014 CS is Umber with Luxor Beige inside

And to answer what I would NEVER get is Black or White and NOTHING with anything red inside!!!

My second choice outside would be Mahogony, but would like it a tad lighter than what they currently offer.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:33 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Porsche every now and then has a great color or two, but in general I think most are pretty dull. Not excited about it, but I settled on Dark Blue Metallic of the MY13 choices. It's not bad, but it doesn't wow me.

Now Peridot on the GTS. That was one of those WOW colors. I caught myself hoping that Porsche was going to buy my diesel back so I'd have an excuse to pick one of those beauties up
Old 04-21-2017, 06:47 AM
jtsmith18
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts

Love my mahogany on two tone interior.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:23 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

black! we have 4 black cars.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:36 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
Porsche every now and then has a great color or two, but in general I think most are pretty dull. Not excited about it, but I settled on Dark Blue Metallic of the MY13 choices. It's not bad, but it doesn't wow me.

Now Peridot on the GTS. That was one of those WOW colors. I caught myself hoping that Porsche was going to buy my diesel back so I'd have an excuse to pick one of those beauties up

I actually really like dark blue on most cars...especially BMW. My neighbor at my office has a CTT in Dark Blue Metallic so I stare at it from my window every day. While I do like it...it does not "wow" me...just like you said. I'm trying to get myself to like it since there is a nice dark blue for sale but I can't seem to pull the trigger.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by g8tor20
I actually really like dark blue on most cars...especially BMW. My neighbor at my office has a CTT in Dark Blue Metallic so I stare at it from my window every day. While I do like it...it does not "wow" me...just like you said. I'm trying to get myself to like it since there is a nice dark blue for sale but I can't seem to pull the trigger.
Yeah BMW has great colors. When I had to get the whole thing repainted I *almost* had him do it in a blue that BMW was using on the M5 at the time.

Would have looked awesome, but the shade was farther off than I thought so it would have involved a lot more work and would have been jarringly obvious on areas that weren't getting repainted
Old 04-21-2017, 03:54 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

deleted
Old 04-21-2017, 03:57 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gnat
... Now Peridot on the GTS. That was one of those WOW colors. I caught myself hoping that Porsche was going to buy my diesel back so I'd have an excuse to pick one of those beauties up
I have to go with gnat's vote on Peridot. Every time I ever saw that color online & in pictures, I really thought I hated it. Then for the first time last year I saw one on the NJ Turnpike in the sunlight on a GTS, and it converted me ON THE SPOT. I'm now a FAN. Love it.

But I also gotta say I doubt I would have the cojones to own one that color...

If I did,... I would have to totally deck it out in Mansory... http://www.mansory.com/en/range-cars/958-cayenne

Old 04-21-2017, 04:07 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Then again,... speaking of Mansory,.... when you start putting all that darker carbon fiber all over the p!g, it would probably look gaudy on Peridot.

But how bout this bad a$$ Mansory machine....

Btw, I own boring white. But I LOVE it simply because it contrasts with the dark openings in the front grill areas, dark tires/rims, dark windows & blacked out trim.
So for me,... it's my own love of contrasts.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:46 PM
ScootCherHienie
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Any color that is not black, white, silver, or gray. Those non-colors are so overdone there is NOTHING unique about any of them any more on ANY car. I will do everything in my power to NEVER own a vehicle that is black, white, silver, or gray again (at least as long as those 4 "non-colors" account for 70% of the cars and SUVs on the road. lemmings sheep conformists... not me)
Old 04-21-2017, 05:47 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bweSteve
I have to go with gnat's vote on Peridot. Every time I ever saw that color online & in pictures, I really thought I hated it. Then for the first time last year I saw one on the NJ Turnpike in the sunlight on a GTS, and it converted me ON THE SPOT. I'm now a FAN. Love it.
Exactly what happened to me. Finally saw it in person a few years ago and fell in love. So few pictures do that color justice!

Saw it on a 991 Turbo too last summer while I was out in SanFran. I think the Cayenne wears it better, but still stunning.

Quick Reply: Favorite Color for the Cayenne Exterior?