Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

When will the 959 (or whatever the next version will be called) come out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 07:17 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default When will the 959 (or whatever the next version will be called) come out?

I know...not a direct 958 question...but still related since it affects the 958 used pricing

I have been looking for months for a 958 but can't seem to find one to my liking except some 2014 CTTS's but they are all probably high $70s / low $80s at the moment.

I'm assuming the release of the next version (959?) will be due out soon. Most sites say 3rd quarter of this year. When does Porsche typically send out the build sheets and officially release the 2018s? July or closer to October?

I only ask because I assume another model year, getting out of factory warranty, plus a new version would drop these 2014 CTTS down a peg. These puppies seem to depreciate like no car I've ever owned and am curious as to what everyone here thinks the next version will do to these 958s on the used car market.

Perhaps they are already priced in factoring the new version / coming out of warranty, etc?
Old 04-17-2017, 07:23 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

by the way....in case you haven't seen my previous posts...I'm looking for a 958 with sports design package (with side skirts) and PDCC (either stand alone or part of the sports package...although I'd rather have the MF Steering wheel). Preferably in white.

It's been a little tough finding the right package of options. Easier on the CTTS of course but would be happy finding those on a regular CTT.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:24 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Porsche did the 959 back in the 80s. Amazing car. Air cooled. Liquid cooled heads. Twin turbo. About a $1MM car today.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:10 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
I only ask because I assume another model year, getting out of factory warranty, plus a new version would drop these 2014 CTTS down a peg. These puppies seem to depreciate like no car I've ever owned and am curious as to what everyone here thinks the next version will do to these 958s on the used car market.
Depends on how different the new one is. So far the artists renderings I've seen make the front end look pretty much 958'ish, and the back end look more Macan like (depending on your feelings that's a good or bad thing.)

If that's true and there isn't a really radical change - the depreciation of the 958's will be less. Supposedly the new interior will have touch-screen controls up the wazoo (tech-term) - which to me is a mixed blessing. Looks nice, less to dust - but harder to use and prone to fingerprints. So - easier to clean but likely to need more cleaning. To me - that's a wash unless something magic is going on with them.

The other rumor is - lighter by enough to matter, and carry over of the same basic engines (minus the diesel I think..)
Old 04-17-2017, 08:27 PM
BKCO
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Depends on how different the new one is. So far the artists renderings I've seen make the front end look pretty much 958'ish, and the back end look more Macan like (depending on your feelings that's a good or bad thing.)

If that's true and there isn't a really radical change - the depreciation of the 958's will be less. Supposedly the new interior will have touch-screen controls up the wazoo (tech-term) - which to me is a mixed blessing. Looks nice, less to dust - but harder to use and prone to fingerprints. So - easier to clean but likely to need more cleaning. To me - that's a wash unless something magic is going on with them.

The other rumor is - lighter by enough to matter, and carry over of the same basic engines (minus the diesel I think..)
Agreed, it will depend on a few factors -most mentioned above.

I also wonder if the new model will be considered "softer" much like the 958 is softer than the 955/7. Part of the appeal is that it can tow 7700 pounds, at least in my humble opinion.

I would guess they introduce it by the end of 2017, available later in 2018. And I bet the interior will be beautiful.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:27 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Porsche did the 959 back in the 80s. Amazing car. Air cooled. Liquid cooled heads. Twin turbo. About a $1MM car today.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:04 PM
kkturbo
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2018 Cayenne article

I found this link with a few tid bits of information about the new Cayenne.

http://frogcars.com/2018-porsche-cayenne/
Old 04-20-2017, 02:33 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

If that new hood is a quasi clam shell (ie, it only goes half way over the top of front fender), and the GAP seam is directly along the top, front to back, of the fender line,...
I suspect I will not like that.

I definitely prefer the smooth clean hump along the top of our front fenders (similar to my old air-cooled 911). It feels like it's part of the "family" of Porsches over the years.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:57 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 571 Posts

agree on the hump....

Quick Reply: When will the 959 (or whatever the next version will be called) come out?