Sponsored By:

2014 Cayenne Dash Clock Needle Fell Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 06:28 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ineoxs
Got the Chrono Clock replaced with a brand new one but when I went to pick up the car the digital clock was working fine but the bottom analog clock didn't work (i.e. it didn't/doesn't show the time). It only moves when sports chrono is turned on. I pointed that out to the service rep and he was telling me - this is how it's supposed to work, time is only displayed on the digital clock not on the bottom analog clock which isn't true because before the minute needle was working fine and just the hour needle didn't. He kept telling me that it's a new clock and that's how these clocks work. I asked my sales rep that sold me the car to check other cars and he came back confirming that bottom analog clock displays time along with the digital clock in other cars so either the new clock they replaced is broken or they didn't properly connect it or set-up.
You had the analog clock before right? If so and you didn't get them to enable the sport chrono package, then the SA is correct.

Drives me nuts, but the digital clock and the bigger hands work, but the little dial at the bottom does nothing. It does spin when the clock first gets power (door is unlocked or opened if it timed out and shutdown without the doors being locked) so it is functional, I just don't have the coding for it and so far have had no luck convincing my dealers that yes they can enable it (contrary to what others have reported).
Old 09-15-2015, 01:52 PM
ineoxs
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
You had the analog clock before right? If so and you didn't get them to enable the sport chrono package, then the SA is correct.

Drives me nuts, but the digital clock and the bigger hands work, but the little dial at the bottom does nothing. It does spin when the clock first gets power (door is unlocked or opened if it timed out and shutdown without the doors being locked) so it is functional, I just don't have the coding for it and so far have had no luck convincing my dealers that yes they can enable it (contrary to what others have reported).
No, I had the same Sports Chrono Clock (Digital Clock on the top, analog clock on the bottom with orange second hand). When I bought the car the minute hand was working fine but the hour clock was stuck at 6. Now, the bottom analog is always stuck at 12am both the hour and minute hands. They only move when sports chrono is turned on. When it's off and set to time mode it keeps at 12.

Just spoke with the dealer, they should have another clock in stock soon. Not sure if there a setting that has to be coded properly or a cable needs to be plugged from behind the clock to get it working. Hope it works this time.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:32 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Ahh. Yeah my info only applies to switching between the clocks.

As far as the connection, there is nothing for them to do wrong. It's one plug and its the same for the Analog and Sport clocks. The plug is also shaped so there is only one way to plug it in. So either it lights up and does something or not. If it does, it's plugged in correct.

I believe the compass module has a different wiring harness though.

There is an old thread about someone adding the chrono when they had no clock that I had posted some pics showing the connector and plug, but apparently my web server is broken or I deleted the files by mistake
Old 09-16-2015, 11:17 AM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
well... almost a year to the date my second hand fell off again! happened this weekend
Just went by dealership, they ordered another clock, will give another go!
Just got mine replaced. Your post is not inspiring any confidence in my replacement.

Anyone know the part number to this clock? My PET software only shows the regular flat dash cover without the hole for the clock. eBay shows listings for a few clocks but they are over 400.00 dollars.

EDIT: I found the part number for the clock: 958 641 501 13

For the flat cover (w/o hole for clock) the part number is 958 552 189 00
DE1 - Umber
3T0 - Expresso
4U0 - Platinum Grey
6W0 - Luxor Beige.

Last edited by 9000RPM; 09-16-2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: found the part number
Old 09-17-2015, 06:25 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
Just got mine replaced. Your post is not inspiring any confidence in my replacement.
+1. It sounds like Porsche is using their remaining replacement parts with the same defect before using a new design. I hope mine goes out again still in warranty with a new clock design available.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:19 PM
Greg81
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this post a couple of days ago and lo and behold....my second hand fell off this morning on my '13 GTS @ 16k miles. Definitely a defective design.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:03 PM
mtvp
Track Day

Default Clock issuse

My 14 base Cayenne 21k on the clock,that goes for both. Haha The second hand stops because it comes in contact with the hour hand. This only happens between the hours of 5 & 7 when the hour hand is in that area. The sweep second hand gets caught over the hour hand and stops. Will I soon see it lying at the bottom of the clock face? Because it too has been popped off.
Calling the Dealership for a replacement. I can only hope that there has been a new released part number.

Last edited by mtvp; 04-22-2016 at 08:18 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-22-2016, 06:30 PM
docdent
Advanced

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
+1. It sounds like Porsche is using their remaining replacement parts with the same defect before using a new design. I hope mine goes out again still in warranty with a new clock design available.
I'm on my 3rd clock 2013 CD
Old 04-25-2016, 08:32 PM
mtvp
Track Day

I just looked today and the sweep second hand has now popped off and is lying in a heep. At the bottom of the clock enclosure. Quality ? Well it did last 21K miles almost !
Old 04-26-2016, 12:21 AM
docdent
Advanced

My new clock looks slightly different than the previous two. The glass is flat and I think the others had a slight bulge.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:37 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Well, did a search and found this thread. The seconds dial in my '14 CD just felt off today. Not bad for holding off until almost four years. Thankfully, because of the extra two years warranty, I don't need to worry about making an appointment with the dealer right away.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:47 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,841 Likes on 1,122 Posts

The third one has been going since 2015!
Old 07-21-2017, 02:36 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Mine fell off about a week ago. Took the clock out, unscrewed the front bezel, and put it back on with a dab'o'superglue. I don't think it will come off again. It's a flimsy plastic thing. You need very good tweezers to handle it. Don't try it with junky tweezers.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:25 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 200 Posts

Bought a whole new clock on "thebay"!
Old 07-21-2017, 02:07 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Bought a whole new clock on "thebay"!
New-used? Or new-new? New-new they are $$$. New-Used are ones where the second hand fell off, Porsche replaced it and someone put the second hand back on and sold it on Ebay. Mine is one of the New-Used ones. (As is my "spare" - sport/chrono..)

Quick Reply: 2014 Cayenne Dash Clock Needle Fell Out