Sponsored By:

17 CTTS PCM upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 03:59 PM
black.cayenne
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17 CTTS PCM upgrade?

I have a 12.2016 CTTS and it has the old PCM. Is it possible to upgrade it to PCM4? I am new in the Porsche world and don't know too much. Do i also have to code it after that at the dealership?

Many thanks
Old 02-15-2018, 05:18 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Hi, welcome to Rennlist. I'm moving your posting over to the dedicated 958 subforum since that's where people who might know about your 2016 hang out. The 958 is the Cayenne 2011-present.

Hang on..
Old 02-16-2018, 06:11 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 109 Posts

No, it is not possible to upgrade the PCM. The vehicle is the upgrade path.

The bezel around the screen is different, and so are the air vents. I believe the lower trim might be different also. That and, most importantly, there's no support in the vehicle programming for the PCM-integrated settings controlled with the PCM.

The 17-19 model years share the same PCM4 as the Macan, 911 and Panamera. With the '18 of the Panamera there's an entirely new setup, which may be shared with the '19-onward Cayenne. I've not heard when the other models are making that change.

Some folks have gone the route of using a 3rd party touchscreen radio setup. YMMV.

Truth be told there's probably not "enough" difference between them to make it worth the change. At this point the number of things you can do with a phone make the on-board systems a bit obsolete. I do prefer on-board radio controls, and a built-in map is nice. But for streaming audio, live traffic (waze kicks *** for this) and other features a phone is going to be much more versatile.

A Rennline mount up next to he PCM, coupled with an iOttie cradle would be two great options to pair for your current setup.

Quick Reply: 17 CTTS PCM upgrade?