Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Quad, gloss black GTS tips and Morimoto LED fog light projector kit on the way.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 11:14 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Quad, gloss black GTS tips and Morimoto LED fog light projector kit on the way.

Thanks to the first half of the Participation Payment from VW, I finally ordered the Quad, gloss black GTS tips to replace the oddball shaped Diesel tips. From what I have read, a 10mm socket will work for the inverted torx bolt that holds the tips to the muffler. The tips are $279/$280 shipped on eBay.

I also ordered the Morimoto LED fog light projector kit to replace the Valeo glass fog lights that I've been running 100W H11 clear halogen bulbs in-that are a LOT better than the stock 55W bulbs but I still want more and I know that a specific LED projector that is plug and play, and from Morimoto, will be a massive improvement. $170 shipped for the kit.

As soon as I get them and put them on, I'll post pics and a review.

Last edited by BenCD; 08-24-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:53 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Got the Morimoto LED projector fog light kit and installed it tonight. The kit is awesome and the output blows the 100W H11 clear fog light bulbs I had in the old Valeo OEM housings that looked all yellow and with a not so great compared to the HID headlights.

The LED in the Morimoto housing is fantastic. Sharp cutoff and way better output, it matches the HID headlights perfectly along with the 4-point LED's and the LED light bar under the headlights.

Install was pretty easy, here were the steps.

Remove wheel.

Take off felt liner, T-20 torx and 2-10 mm plastic nuts.

Unclip the harness. 2 T-20 bolts hold the fog light housing in place. Clip the harness back in, put the two bolts back in place, pretty much reverse the steps and that is it.

I took a drive to the cemetery near me, where I do all my aiming, and while there is both a 8mm bolt head, I used a phillips screwdriver to aim the light to get me the most coverage on the road.

I need to take the wheels back off, while they are off I'll clean the barrels up a bit, then put the felt liner back in place and the job will be done. The black quad gloss tips will be here on Wednesday.

I also removed the diesel emblems from the sides, and the PORSCHE and the Cayenne from the tailgate. The truck already looks so much better with nothing on it at all. I hated the PORSCHE on the back along with the terrible script of Cayenne on the back.

Link to the kit I got: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/po...to-xb-led.html

Last edited by BenCD; 08-27-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:23 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
Got the Morimoto LED projector fog light kit and installed it tonight. The kit is awesome and the output blows the 100W H11 clear fog light bulbs I had in the old Valeo OEM housings that looked all yellow and with a not so great compared to the HID headlights.

The LED in the Morimoto housing is fantastic. Sharp cutoff and way better output, it matches the HID headlights perfectly along with the 4-point LED's and the LED light bar under the headlights.

Install was pretty easy, here were the steps.

Remove wheel.

Take off felt liner, T-20 torx and 2-10 mm plastic nuts.

Unclip the harness. 2 T-20 bolts hold the fog light housing in place. Clip the harness back in, put the two bolts back in place, pretty much reverse the steps and that is it.

I took a drive to the cemetery near me, where I do all my aiming, and while there is both a 8mm bolt head, I used a phillips screwdriver to aim the light to get me the most coverage on the road.

I need to take the wheels back off, while they are off I'll clean the barrels up a bit, then put the felt liner back in place and the job will be done. The black quad gloss tips will be here on Wednesday.

I also removed the diesel emblems from the sides, and the PORSCHE and the Cayenne from the tailgate. The truck already looks so much better with nothing on it at all. I hated the PORSCHE on the back along with the terrible script of Cayenne on the back.

I'm in for the fog light pictures - I bought a set on amazon for 100 bucks but didn't realize i need a special kit so i kept the OEM halogens
Old 08-30-2017, 10:11 AM
MIK911
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pics of fog lights please.
Can you provide source and link to where you got the morimotos?
No dash light fault code?

I put in Morimoto D1S bulbs in headlights but got fault codes so changed them to Philips CBI, now no codes
Old 08-30-2017, 01:54 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

The link to the LED Morimoto projectors is at the bottom of my second post. They have also posted pictures of the output from the lights and I can vouch that the output they took pictures of is EXACTLY like it is once installed. The output is everything I had wanted and I have had many, many fog light and headlight projectors with both LED's and HID's as I'm a light-nut.

I have not taken any pictures of the output yet as they are always a bit underwhelming with the camera always overcompensating and making the output look a LOT brighter but I will say, the amount and color of the LED is almost exactly the same as the output from the HID projectors that my 2016 CD has as I don't have the LED headlights.

No fault code as the kit is plug and play. I didn't need any sort of special harness or resistors.

The output is enough to, once the fog lights are adjusted correctly, one can drive with only the fog lights on. It cant' be done with the 55W halogen bulbs in the stock fog lights and while it is better with 100W clean halogens, the LED projectors are just way better for $170. Once they get pitted, and they will as it is inevitable with either a glass or a polycarb/plastic lens, I'll either spend the $170 again or get a new Cayenne-ha!
Next chance I drive at night I'll get some pictures.

Last edited by BenCD; 08-30-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:28 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

I installed the new tips just a little while ago and it could not have gone any easier. They look awesome, coupled with having taken off the PORSCHE and the Cayenne on the hatch, the rear end looks fantastic:

Name:  P1120898.jpg
Views: 1455
Size:  135.6 KB

Name:  P1120897.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  144.5 KB

Name:  P1120896.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  188.6 KB

The stock diesel/base tips just don't look as good as the twin tips, especially in the black.

$270 shipped off eBay. 10mm socket to loosen the exhaust clamp bolt, out with the old, in with the new-super easy install.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:30 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Here are some shots of the new projector and the output against the garage door.

The cutoff is hella-sharp and the light is nice and bright.

Name:  P1120902.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  116.1 KB

Name:  P1120900.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  134.9 KB
Old 08-31-2017, 10:56 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

These were all shot with the fog lights only. The first two didn't come out well but you can still sort of tell how good the output is with only the fog lights on.

Name:  P1120909.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  70.6 KB

Name:  P1120908.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  P1120906.jpg
Views: 1375
Size:  211.7 KB

Name:  P1120905.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  285.7 KB
Old 09-14-2017, 06:47 PM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Ben,
You inspired me to get the exhaust tips from eBay. I went with the SS versions. They arrived just before the hurricane.

Rob
Old 04-22-2018, 05:13 AM
tresean1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
I installed the new tips just a little while ago and it could not have gone any easier. They look awesome, coupled with having taken off the PORSCHE and the Cayenne on the hatch, the rear end looks fantastic:

Attachment 1247517

Attachment 1247518

Attachment 1247519

The stock diesel/base tips just don't look as good as the twin tips, especially in the black.

$270 shipped off eBay. 10mm socket to loosen the exhaust clamp bolt, out with the old, in with the new-super easy install.
Originally Posted by r553
Ben,
You inspired me to get the exhaust tips from eBay. I went with the SS versions. They arrived just before the hurricane.

Rob
looks great guys----do you have the bay link for the tips?
Old 04-22-2018, 09:26 AM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Try this link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GTS-Look-Po...pZriLf&vxp=mtr
Old 04-22-2018, 01:34 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

That link above is the exact one I used. Good one r553.

I'd get the same tips again as they do look awesome and even better than the OEM GTS tips as they are a bit larger and fill up the space a lot better. Freaking excellent tips for the money.

Quick Reply: Quad, gloss black GTS tips and Morimoto LED fog light projector kit on the way.